+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ja Rule interview talks about new album Genius Loves Company

Thanks

Default Ja Rule interview talks about new album Genius Loves Company

2. The Following 2 Users The Following User Says Good Lookn Out to Vinnie For This Tight Ass Post:

Dermo (03-24-2014),theinc (03-26-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,190 Posts

nice find Vinnie good to see the interviewer doing her homework and asking relevant questions and it was cool the way Ja thought about his answer for atleast a minute before answering the top 3 lyricists question

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dermo View Post
    nice find Vinnie good to see the interviewer doing her homework and asking relevant questions and it was cool the way Ja thought about his answer for atleast a minute before answering the top 3 lyricists question
    thanks! now im all hyped about this new album GLC album.... sounds cool cause Rule said he will try to do something new, so he ain't gonna follow this new hip hop trend so i personally think thats very good way to go.. PIL2 was differend than any other album out there so maybe we new masterpiece from rule....

Debut Single Released djmickeydee's Avatar
    Thanks

aye, all bullshit aside, and i really don't care how bad sayin this makes me look, but i've never read a book a day in my life, but i'll definitely will cop that book he's comin out with, that's goin be cool to read, new album...meh i'm iffy about that you never kno comin from ja, seems like the artist that has a cd comin out actually sticks to their word, but anyhoo, good find, nice interview, i'm excited, first thing i've heard from ja since the hot 97 interview

6. The Following User Says Good Lookn Out djmickeydee For This Tight Ass Post:

Dermo (03-25-2014)

Thanks

I wonder what producers he will work with, would love to see him work with Rick Steel again.

I just hope if he does put together another masterpiece, it gets released properly, with a proper label.
    + if he decides to work with Irv on it, make sure Irv doesn't hijack the project.

Considering his show is supposedly slated for near the end of the year, and album to coincide with that would be good.
    Mirror ...

8. The Following User Says Good Lookn Out theinc For This Tight Ass Post:

djmickeydee (03-27-2014)

Debut Single Released djmickeydee's Avatar
    Thanks

i agree, that would be the right time to do it, but like i said, with HIM you never know, see this wouldn't be a problem if he dropped music on a daily, he wouldn't have to go thru all this, i mean it's not puttin a strain on him or nothin like that, it's juss that his consistently level sucks, and i kno he doesn't have a major record company like cash money or mmg, but none the less, he drags his ass delivering music, all the music he made i'm sure he could do sumthin, fresh out the pen was cool, errrthang wasn't all that but it was sumthin, these days and the state that hip hop is in, if your not consistent you are not goin to be nothin, and hip hop has been like that for the past 5 or so years, so keep'em comin ja, not just once or twice yearly, atleast monthly if not weekly throw out 1 or 2 songs out there to let ppl kno your still around, what's the point of makin it if you ain't goin let nobody hear it??

10. The Following 2 Users The Following User Says Good Lookn Out to djmickeydee For This Tight Ass Post:

Dermo (03-27-2014),theinc (03-27-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,190 Posts

all valid points, problem is Ja isnt in a studio on a constant basis as far as we know he hasnt been in one since he recorded fresh & erythang, yes he has a studio in his home but as Sev said in PIL2 era anything that came out of there was barely demo quality but I do agree we need more music & more consistently
    Last edited by Dermo; 03-28-2014 at 09:39 AM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

12. The Following User Says Good Lookn Out Dermo For This Tight Ass Post:

djmickeydee (04-09-2014)

Thanks

I think if his ever going to make another album, it's going to be now, as in this year, or possibly not at all.

His come home, been on the grind touring, done the movie thing, tv appearances, got his book and tv show lined up (hopefully),
    now his got the time to get back to writing.

The problem remains as it was previously, his not signed to any decent label and won't have
    the resources and right people available too him freely. Instead his got to go into his own pocket for a project which I doubt he'll
    see any major return for given the industries fickle condition.

That being said, it didn't stop him from making quality music for PIL2, but I wouldn't want him to release another album
    under those conditions again ... for his sake.
    Mirror ...

14. The Following User Says Good Lookn Out theinc For This Tight Ass Post:

djmickeydee (04-09-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theinc View Post
    I think if his ever going to make another album, it's going to be now, as in this year, or possibly not at all.

His come home, been on the grind touring, done the movie thing, tv appearances, got his book and tv show lined up (hopefully),
    now his got the time to get back to writing.

The problem remains as it was previously, his not signed to any decent label and won't have
    the resources and right people available too him freely. Instead his got to go into his own pocket for a project which I doubt he'll
    see any major return for given the industries fickle condition.

That being said, it didn't stop him from making quality music for PIL2, but I wouldn't want him to release another album
    under those conditions again ... for his sake.
    I agree with pretty much everything you said... At this point I feel Ja owes us one more album at least though. It's unlikely that he's ever going to see huge returns from any project he drops from now on, but a Farewell album I feel is a necessity. It doesn't have to happen this year, but within the next 3 it's a must. If it doesn't happen this year then Ja needs to go to the vaults and just start clearing those things out. Why sit on music? Release what you can legally through itunes/amazon for individual purchase, (A CD would be ideal and would be what I want, but to keep costs down an itunes/amazon mp3 only release would be the most cost effective measure) and with what you can't legally release (because record companies own the songs, the samples can't be cleared, artists fees can't be payed, etc) Drop as mixtapes online. The conversation that would inevitably occur from hearing new songs from Murder INC's peak would serve as an amazing bridge to "The Farewell Album" and would be one last thank you to the fans that have supported him through the years.

My Dream come true scenario would be what us 2Pac fans have been clamoring for for years... A Box set of all the unreleased music Ja hasn't put out all in one place in a limited edition package with a Book of behind the scenes photos and thoughts from each released album, a DVD with all the music videos and any that may still be unreleased, and as many cd's as it would take to get everything on disk. Limit the whole thing to 3000 pieces, have them signed, numbered and sold exclusively through Ruleyork.com. Put a $100-$200 price tag on it depending on the number of cd's, and Bam... Instant Thank you to fans in the ultimate Ja Rule package.

16. The Following User Says Good Lookn Out Havok For This Tight Ass Post:

djmickeydee (04-09-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Why sit on music?
    I think it's a matter of Ja not wanting to release music that he doesn't feel is his best work. I recall in his previous interviews he commented on having 'hundreds' of tracks, 'some of which will never see the light of day'. He seemed to elude the to point of not wanting to put music out there for the sake of it, when his not happy with the tracks. Well that's what I can recall and seemed to gather from what he said.

But given all the leaked tracks (Hollywood, Pushin It, U & Me, Get the money etc) of his have been 1000x better then the junk out there today, I think he probably underestimates the quality of his unreleased content.

He posted a few pics of himself in the studio today with Chris Gotti and some other producer + just reached out to JLO via twitter "What'll y'all think about another @jlo collab???" - I think it's a good start, I hope he continues to reach out to other artists, producers etc.
    Mirror ...

18. The Following User Says Good Lookn Out theinc For This Tight Ass Post:

djmickeydee (04-15-2014)

+ Post New Thread

Thread Information