+ Post New Thread
Page 193 of 245 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 2446

Thread: 10/01/11 The Official Pain Is Love 2 /Anybody Update Thread Version 2

  1. #1921
    5 Minute Pause...... elcuppan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    好萊塢
    Posts
    5,312
    Thanks
    4,349
    Thanked 2,065 Times in 1,219 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by $tate View Post
    Just reading that email with sev saying that the public are going to know next time. I wonder if a grammy nomination is not a possibility for PIL2 or maybe just a track off it. Sales dont have shit to do with nominations and a nomination to me would constitute a major comeback.

    rick ross has never been nominated....for rap album of the year...

    in 09 deeper than rap was arguable the hottest album of the year...and yet,,no grammy nomination?...eminem ends up winning it with relapse...

    this is when i realized the grammy's are not as credible as we think...

    but im not ruling out what PIL2 is capable of achieving...

    i know one thing for sure ...kanye has to win rap album of the year this time...


    OH YEAA...btw

    Now Playing :




    gotta love that murder inc. sound... +700
    Last edited by elcuppan; 01-21-2012 at 10:21 AM.
    ***Um-Um-Kissing***

    Bring Back I.G


    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    FREE RULE


    @ 1/21/2012

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by $tate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    One thing is for sure tho, Rule will be at the BET awards this year. quote me on that
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  2. #1922
    Platinum Selling Artist
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,266
    Thanks
    202
    Thanked 483 Times in 296 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elcuppan View Post

    rick ross has never been nominated....for rap album of the year...

    in 09 deeper than rap was arguable the hottest album of the year...and yet,,no grammy nomination?...eminem ends up winning it with relapse...

    this is when i realized the grammy's are not as credible as we think...
    Yeah I forgot about that, shit was wack just like relapse. I think even Em admitted that...

    But I mean like they often take albums into account that released under the radar so to speak. For example a Ronald Isley latest or the fabolous joint with JayZ on Loso's way. It is far fetched but PIL2 doesnt sound like an 'ordinary' rap album imo

  3. The Following User Says Good Lookn Out $tate For This Tight Ass Post:

    elcuppan (01-21-2012)

  4. #1923
    5 Minute Pause...... elcuppan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    好萊塢
    Posts
    5,312
    Thanks
    4,349
    Thanked 2,065 Times in 1,219 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by $tate View Post
    Yeah I forgot about that, shit was wack just like relapse. I think even Em admitted that...

    But I mean like they often take albums into account that released under the radar so to speak. For example a Ronald Isley latest or the fabolous joint with JayZ on Loso's way. It is far fetched but PIL2 doesnt sound like an 'ordinary' rap album imo

    its not far fetched...but i think a rap album of the year nod is unlikely..just because of history...even if musically it is the best album of the year, the way the hip hop community views ja wil have an affect on it...

    but one particular song getting some sort of nomination isnt too far fetched
    ***Um-Um-Kissing***

    Bring Back I.G


    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    FREE RULE


    @ 1/21/2012

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by $tate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    One thing is for sure tho, Rule will be at the BET awards this year. quote me on that
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  5. The Following User Says Good Lookn Out elcuppan For This Tight Ass Post:

    $tate (01-21-2012)

  6. #1924
    Platinum Selling Artist
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,266
    Thanks
    202
    Thanked 483 Times in 296 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elcuppan View Post

    its not far fetched...but i think a rap album of the year nod is unlikely..just because of history...even if musically it is the best album of the year, the way the hip hop community views ja wil have an affect on it...

    but one particular song getting some sort of nomination isnt too far fetched
    People have a negative attitude towards the grammy's since they think its a lot of politics involved. True or not I dont know but PIL2 isnt the usual rap album with street bangers and 1 chick single. Its not a compilation of drumma boy, justice league, inkredibles etc. PIL2 was for the most just Ja and sev so that sound they have is consistent throughout the album. I think because of that, that 'completeness', seperates it from the majority. One thing is for sure tho, Rule will be at the BET awards this year. quote me on that

  7. The Following User Says Good Lookn Out $tate For This Tight Ass Post:

    elcuppan (01-21-2012)

  8. #1925
    5 Minute Pause...... elcuppan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    好萊塢
    Posts
    5,312
    Thanks
    4,349
    Thanked 2,065 Times in 1,219 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by $tate View Post
    People have a negative attitude towards the grammy's since they think its a lot of politics involved. True or not I dont know but PIL2 isnt the usual rap album with street bangers and 1 chick single. Its not a compilation of drumma boy, justice league, inkredibles etc. PIL2 was for the most just Ja and sev so that sound they have is consistent throughout the album. I think because of that, that 'completeness', seperates it from the majority. One thing is for sure tho, Rule will be at the BET awards this year. quote me on that

    how can he be at the BET awards when hes locked up? :eazy:

    Im sure as hell gonna quote you on that one ahahahaha
    ***Um-Um-Kissing***

    Bring Back I.G


    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    FREE RULE


    @ 1/21/2012

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by $tate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    One thing is for sure tho, Rule will be at the BET awards this year. quote me on that
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  9. #1926
    Platinum Selling Artist
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,266
    Thanks
    202
    Thanked 483 Times in 296 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elcuppan View Post

    how can he be at the BET awards when hes locked up? :eazy:

    Im sure as hell gonna quote you on that one ahahahaha
    Retract! lol

    Nah I thought he might be out by October/November, you never know.

  10. #1927
    5 Minute Pause...... elcuppan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    好萊塢
    Posts
    5,312
    Thanks
    4,349
    Thanked 2,065 Times in 1,219 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by $tate View Post
    Retract! lol

    Nah I thought he might be out by October/November, you never know.
    too late ...its already in my sig.....ima make u famous!
    ***Um-Um-Kissing***

    Bring Back I.G


    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    FREE RULE


    @ 1/21/2012

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by $tate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    One thing is for sure tho, Rule will be at the BET awards this year. quote me on that
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  11. The Following 2 Users The Following User Says Good Lookn Out to elcuppan For This Tight Ass Post:

    $tate (01-21-2012),Havok (01-25-2012)

  12. #1928
    A Time EP coming soon.... adamantiumstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,285
    Thanks
    836
    Thanked 575 Times in 390 Posts

    Default

    grammys are the best recognition an artist can get...but I agree on the fact that they're not quite credible......if they were.....the dream woulda win best r'nb album for love hate, love vs money and love king.....


    grammys always go to beyonce, lady gaga, and kanye west and shit.......

  13. #1929
    I ♥ good ♪ Melle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,539
    Thanks
    290
    Thanked 275 Times in 178 Posts

    Default

    Kanye has to win rap album of the year? LOL.... He had his chance with his two first albums, after that it was no rap, its a fucking "808 mixed with everything, im desperate" nominee he can be looking for. Kanye is Wack.

    Matter of fact, i havent heard a single album not comin from Ross camp being something special this year. Commons latest album is a fucking joke lol. I feel bad for how this generations music is turning out.

    PIL2 for president! Ja smash them with this quality music plz..

  14. The Following User Says Good Lookn Out Melle For This Tight Ass Post:

    Havok (01-25-2012)

  15. #1930
    I ♥ good ♪ Melle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,539
    Thanks
    290
    Thanked 275 Times in 178 Posts

    Default

    meaning last year of course, an this month.................

+ Post New Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •