+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Irv/Def Jam Talk Sparking Up Again After Shakir Stewart Tragedy

Thanks

Default Irv/Def Jam Talk Sparking Up Again After Shakir Stewart Tragedy

With the terrible news that Shakir Stewart, the man who took over for Jay-Z as VP of Def Jam, was found dead from an apparent suicide with a self inflicted gunshot wound there is talk again of who will now replace him. First off, RIP n condolences to his family. They had the funeral service down here today. It's just a very sad story. From everything I've heard he was a real good dude. He has alotta Atlanta ties. He went to Morehouse, signed Ciara, Young Jeezy and Rick Ross, and was instrumental in Rihanna n Ne-Yo's projects. DJ Khaled n Greg Street were also close personal friends n Greg is said to be distraught over this n even Lloyd knew him from his days at Sho Nuff.

Now Def Jam has had a dry spell n Irv did help turn them around before. This was discussed before when the position was open n it didn't happen so I don't really think it's something that's likely due to how irrelevant Irv n the inc have become but just something to think about. The person that wrote this is obv. just a fan n has other posts about Ja on there so this isn't anything really but someone's opinion. And while most of us think Irv isn't doing an effective job running the inc let alone the job it would be at a big time record label the inc is in need of a label change imo n it would give Irv the job he prolly always wanted. And things were alot better at Def Jam n if Irv was given a high position, he would have the avenue to get proper promotion for the inc n not encounter the problems with album releases it's been since day one with Universal. I'm just not sure how high Def Jam regards him being it's pretty much totally different staff now.

http://tvtbt.wordpress.com/2008/11/04/irv-gotti-and-murder-inc-may-return-to-def-jam/

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/trouble-in-the-oval-office-of-rap-989651.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,092 Times in 2,322 Posts

if u ask me....all irv is gonna do...is sign 400 artist to defjam..saying hes bringing them in money..and making defjam the number 1 powerhouse.....meanwhile....his focus on murder inc will be..little to none...

we already know irv is so focused on being executive irv..u know..the guy who sings artist of different genres...makes some noise..hypes em up..but doesnt realease them......

i wouldnt mind irv and murder inc back at def jam...but if irv becomes president...imo u can kiss murder inc goodbye...with that big head and big ego of his...hes just gonna go party with jayz and diddy/la reid/lyor/ the other big dogs..and say...i finally made it...

but watever benifits ja rule..im down for..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MPIREEEE

3. The Following 2 Users The Following User Says Good Lookn Out to k_kiss For This Tight Ass Post:

elcuppan (11-10-2008),Westside (11-07-2008)

Banned
    Thanks

i think before all the controversy they really looked at gotti but the feds happened g unit happened n they stepped back because of that i think the boat is long sailed but murder inc at def jam would be something i would be very happy about

Thanks
    Thanked 1,199 Times in 744 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by k_kiss View Post
    if u ask me....all irv is gonna do...is sign 400 artist to defjam..saying hes bringing them in money..and making defjam the number 1 powerhouse.....meanwhile....his focus on murder inc will be..little to none...

we already know irv is so focused on being executive irv..u know..the guy who sings artist of different genres...makes some noise..hypes em up..but doesnt realease them......

i wouldnt mind irv and murder inc back at def jam...but if irv becomes president...imo u can kiss murder inc goodbye...with that big head and big ego of his...hes just gonna go party with jayz and diddy/la reid/lyor/ the other big dogs..and say...i finally made it...

Preach my man !

Back in the dayz i loved 2 see it happen, now im not sure and i doubt he's gonna be it!
    ONLY 4 THE DUTCH FANS:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by k_kiss View Post

co sign............

Thanks

Murder Inc./Def Jam = Multi-Platinum days.

Enough said.

I wish we could bring them days back.

Thanks

Irv is not that same dude back then tho. Cuz his mentality is like he dont give a fuck what anybody says. If he gon sign Souljah Boy to the Inc & make a record that pleases him, then its cool because he fears nothing he said. Maybe the old irv had limitations but this new irv doesnt seem to care anymore. Like signing any artists to The Inc. thinking they gon be beneficial when Rule hasn't popped off. Rule shud be his main priority & Newz at the same time. Let Chris Gotti or BJ oversee the unheard soon to be released artists. Common IRV!!!

Banned
    Thanks

the inc back at def jam is a good thing but gotti boss of def jam man that shit will go straight to his head gotti isnt the music dude anymore like he used to say he is the exec dude but atleast the inc gets some good promo if it happens

Thanks
    Thanked 3,488 Times in 1,712 Posts

its whateva, not like hes doin much right now anyway. id much rather see him do that and let chris take over the label or whateva.

11. The Following User Says Good Lookn Out relentless For This Tight Ass Post:

SANDR (11-08-2008)

Thanks

mine aswell do it, atleast it gives us SOME hope for change. God knows nothing right now is happening

- Im adding a new Ja video everyday

+ Post New Thread

Thread Information