+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you value most in hip hop music?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,488 Times in 1,712 Posts

Default What do you value most in hip hop music?

there are a lot of people with different tastes on this board, so i want to know what you personally value in an artist, what do u look for mainly? is it conscious subject matter, is it flow, is it wordplay/metaphors, is it pure creativity, just a dope beat and hook? etc

personally, i cant really tell you what i look for, all i know is when i hear it i know it. different combinations of things can work really well in ways you woudnt expect. but i think above all i go with artists that try to be creative.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

its amazing how hard it is to pick one of these...damn. I mean I want to say the storytelling ability and real subject matter but damn, if a nigga does that over a wack beat with a terrible hook would I listen?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- Im adding a new Ja video everyday

Thanks
    Thanked 1,836 Times in 1,204 Posts

Great example of wack beats & terrible hook = Uh Oh

anyways: vocab, wordplay, beat, rhyme pattern, and subject matter
    :eazy: JUICE

STAPLED MONEY :glare:

UM-UM KISSING

Twitter: @kayitosway954
    Sponsored by Tha Site Boys

4. The Following User Says Good Lookn Out kayitosway954 For This Tight Ass Post:

FranchizeTheKid (08-20-2007)

Recording Debut Album wudeva123's Avatar
    Thanks

LYRICS
    - creativity
    - choice of subject
    - wordplay

are the most important nn finding a good mc i believe. Anybody can find a nice beat anybody can have an aight flow but u have to be talented to be able to use words in different and meaningful ways

Thanks
    Thanked 5,092 Times in 2,322 Posts

i really cant pick out anything..kuz i do love a wide range and variety of music...and i like all types of hiphop music..including..the hard shit..the concious shit..the love shit..the club shit..etc.etc.etc. So for me..its more or less how the song is delivered. When i hear the track..if it moves me..then in my mind..the artist has done his/her job..

that being said...its offcial..Lupe Fiasco is now my favourite artist...he has the ability to paint a picture, using his words..and does it more than effectively...and not alot of artist can do that...or even come close....

MPIREEEE

7. The Following 2 Users The Following User Says Good Lookn Out to k_kiss For This Tight Ass Post:

D-block fan (08-20-2007),kayitosway954 (08-20-2007)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,488 Times in 1,712 Posts

^gotta co-sign that. its how its pulled off more than anything. and lupe is my 2nd fav after ja right now, dude is the truth.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by k_kiss View Post
    i really cant pick out anything..kuz i do love a wide range and variety of music...and i like all types of hiphop music..including..the hard shit..the concious shit..the love shit..the club shit..etc.etc.etc. So for me..its more or less how the song is delivered. When i hear the track..if it moves me..then in my mind..the artist has done his/her job..

that being said...its offcial..Lupe Fiasco is now my favourite artist...he has the ability to paint a picture, using his words..and does it more than effectively...and not alot of artist can do that...or even come close....
    from the mainstream yes.........
    Renegades

Thanks

for me it's flow, Hooks, the beat, wordplay/Metaphor...

Originally Posted by k_kiss
    d00000000d..niggas be pm'ing me to ghost writ3 thre@ds my d00d

Thanks

- The Energy
    - The Lyrical Ability
    - The Relation Of The Songs
    IM tryin to get out da hood.. and ur lil white cracker fuckin ass might keep me in here foreva now.. my deal might be fucked up cuz of u and summer.. u do realize that dont u??? I HOPE U Live in the US.. cuz if i find out ya real name and i loss my record deal for dat bullshit.. Imma serious fucking kill u.. I aint playin man.. at all.. u dont know how much u just fucked me.. and i hope ur happy.. cuz if u didnt have a vendetta.. u shouldve cuz u just ruined me.. seriously - Fluxx

Thanks

Consistency...nice beats,good lyrics,something I won't get tired of listening to even if it's jammed on the radio all day....and "Uh Ohh" is HOT stop trippin :P

[FONT="Impact"]FONT]

+ Post New Thread

Thread Information