+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Somethin interestin i seen on allhiphop

Thanks

Default Somethin interestin i seen on allhiphop

Vol 2: Hard Knock Life is Jay Z's best selling album; it went 5 times platinum. he had a few singles for dat album like "Hard Knock Life" but the single dat really took off was "Can I get A" feat Amil and Ja. not many people are aware but Can I get a is actually a Ja Rule song. him and Irv produced it and Ja wrote the hook and it was for him, but Jay liked it and Ja ended up giving it to him (another reason was Ja felt since he was a rookie in the game it'd be better to give the track to Jay and hav himself be featured on it). dis single won awards like "Best Rap Video of 1999" an shit. becuz its actually a ja rule record, i think that Ja definitely played a part in makin dis album sell, making it his best selling album period. so basically, would this album be his best selling and sell like it wud without ja giving him dis track?

Anyone know about this. Is it true it shoulda been a Ja song
    Pray for the day, My pain goes away............

18 months aint dat long..............

Thanks
    Thanked 3,488 Times in 1,712 Posts

yeah it was meant to be on VVV, but ja gave it to jay. not only did it help push 5 mil for jays album, but it helped push 2 mill for the rush hour soundtrack as well. imagine if it was on VVV. plus the fact that ja was supposed to be on DMXs get at me dawg woulda made his buzz enormous.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,190 Posts

yea its a well known fact its Ja's song it was a big factor in ja and jay falling out cause ja was pissed jay made so much money off it and gave ja no props for it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MIO Loyal
    Thanks

[plays - ether] *fuck gay z*

but yeah it is fucked up, i wonder what ja's version sounds like

cos jay aint on his and amil i doubt is on there either.

Debut Album Released On The Inc mfb's Avatar
    Thanks

damn jay should be greatfull to ja ... coz this song was one of the most significant things in jay's early career...
    M.F.B INC.... IT'S STILL MURDA IN 06...

Debut Album Released On The Inc Blackdove's Avatar
    Thanks

Man, i didn't knw this..jay shoulda gave ja more props man...some niggaz are so ungrateful...but damm how many cats is ja writting for? hes so talented.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,092 Times in 2,322 Posts

ya i wonder wat the original ja song would sound like.......he def had the best verse out of the 3..imo.....even tho jay didnt give ja his props..didnt matter much..kuz ja went on to become a big star

MPIREEEE

Platinum Selling Artist Summer_heat's Avatar
    Thanks

yea, Jas verse was proper gud on that trak.
    i aint eva been a big fan of Jay z... more of a Nas fan. Now i know y i was feelin that trak like mad!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,065 Times in 1,219 Posts

Ja Should Of Kept Dat Track 4 HiMSELF ,& Jays Kinda A Bitch Ass Nigga anyway,afer all Goti Did 4 Him He Should Show Some Respect 4 his Man...............Vol2 WAS THE ONLY JAY-Z ALBUM I BOUGHT ANY WAy!!!

Its Murder
    Hola Back

Thanks

hey elcuppan nice Ja advitar

Also I was told that Love My Nigga with Hussein Fatal was also meant for VVV but Hussein wanted to do a new song but got jailed before

also the rumer that The Life was also ment for VVV isn't true
    Candyman 187, Littles, Harry-O, Grafh, Domination, Maino, Newz, New Child... The Future

+ Post New Thread

Thread Information