PDA

View Full Version : why'd Spice 1 shoutout Ja Rule, diss Ja Rule, then put Ja Rule on his album..

kayitosway954
08-12-2011, 06:10 AM
Spice 1 on "Haters" (2002): "Don't mix yourself up with a nigga like me // Me hang around motherfuckers like Jayo Felony // Flesh-N-Bone, Makaveli nigga R.I.P., Yukmouth, Outlawz, Wino - straight G's // and we all got tha motherfuckin' thug disease // C-Bo, Mack 10, E-40 and 2-Sheez (Sheez) // B-Legit, Daz, Kurupt, Ras Kass & Ja Rule (Rule)"

^^^ and Ja was sorta blessed 2 be mentioned with a kouple of tha West's top reps at that period. might been tha Jayo Felony connection, I dont kno :huh:

Spice 1 in a 2003 interview: "A lot of these motherfuckers, their past ain't add up to what they are now. Or what they're saying they are now. Like 50 Cent came right out to Ja Rule and said, "You ain't a gangsta. You never popped nothing, nigga."

Spice 1 drops a compilation in 2005, called "Bossed Out" and features Ja on tha DVD :Yayo::Yayo::Yayo:

Spice 1 my dude, but goddamn, flip floping in a 3 year period!? if only shit coulda took off like we dreamed, Murder Inc, Rap A Lot, and Death Row woulda hadd tha East, West, and 3rd Coast on LOCK. Spice 1 & Ja collabo would be rediculous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j41U4ZsPr7U

O-James
08-12-2011, 08:21 AM
I dont think its a diss to Ja. As I understood it, he bashed 50 by quoting 50. Like 50 having guts to say some to Ja when 50 aint shit.

Westside
08-12-2011, 12:52 PM
Spice1 bossalini ... i know why a lot of some Westcoast dudes where kinda mad cause 1st Ja was screamin that he was PAC in 2003.

And i remember Ja Rule was almost jacked in the west 1 day but the homie C-BO stepped up his game and told the OG's Jas was his "homie" but then JA neva showed luv to C-BO and his homies they where kinda mad @ JA for that!

Shame MI West neva popped off with Jayo Felony and Shade Sheist!

kayitosway954
08-13-2011, 08:02 PM
^where that fabulous street story from, fam?

anyways, I got tha exclusive, Ive dug way deeper into tha lil jab at Ja to back 2 fucking with Ja a couple years later, I guess.

rewind back to 2001 for a moment, Rule drops Pain Is Love which contains tha 2Pac tribute "Pain" where Ja Rule quotes Pac's lyrics, & sorta flips 'em.

biting, art, Im not touchin tha subject at this second.

Spice 1 shouts Ja out in his 2002 album.

Spice 1 did tha interview in 2003 talking bout Jay, Nas, Nelly, Ja Rule, etc.. here tha interview

http://www.daveyd.com/interviewspice1.html

then by tha end of 2003 in December, his mind changed after he was booted of "Loyal To Tha Game"

http://www.rapnews.net/0-202-258128-00.html

and so tha saga continues.....

M.A KINGDOM
08-14-2011, 07:33 AM
who? i never herd of this dude

malik689
08-14-2011, 03:28 PM
spcie 1 also said ja rule was eating off tupacs style

Westside
08-14-2011, 07:36 PM
Tupacs fav rapper is Spice1 shame that yall baby's didnt grew up in the 90's :laugh:

Spice1 was also a member in the legendary South Central Cartel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMl7r5EQSzA&feature=fvst

Propz
08-15-2011, 03:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYrK1PcN410&feature=related I opened for this guy last year didnt know he had a track with spice1 so yea...wassup

kayitosway954
08-15-2011, 02:42 PM
Tupacs fav rapper is Spice1 shame that yall baby's didnt grew up in the 90's :laugh:

:chuuch: PLEASE WESTSIDE, DONT HURT 'EM!!!!

I can already feel this turning in 2 Fuck Spice-1 thread. fall back now before you lose your Hip Hoppa stripes :Yayo:

bena2005
08-15-2011, 06:44 PM
before anything

Spice who?

elcuppan
08-15-2011, 06:47 PM
is he one of the original spice girls that nvr made the final cut?

Westside
08-15-2011, 06:52 PM
^^SMH thats gaaay!

Spice1's career evrybody on Mpire>>>>

Solo albums

1991: Let It Be Known (EP)
1992: Spice 1
1993: 187 He Wrote
1994: AmeriKKKa's Nightmare
1995: 1990-Sick
1997: The Black Bossalini (a.k.a. Dr. Bomb from da Bay)
1999: Immortalized
2000: The Last Dance
2002: Spiceberg Slim
2004: The Ridah
2005: Dyin' 2 Ball
2005: The Truth
2010: Hallowpoint

elcuppan
08-15-2011, 06:57 PM
^^SMH thats gaaay!

Spice1's career evrybody on Mpire>>>>

Solo albums

1991: Let It Be Known (EP)
1992: Spice 1
1993: 187 He Wrote
1994: AmeriKKKa's Nightmare
1995: 1990-Sick
1997: The Black Bossalini (a.k.a. Dr. Bomb from da Bay)
1999: Immortalized
2000: The Last Dance
2002: Spiceberg Slim
2004: The Ridah
2005: Dyin' 2 Ball
2005: The Truth
2010: Hallowpoint

soulja boy's career >>>> everybody on mpire...

anybody can do that west...easy lol :Yayo:

i still dunno who spice (girl) 1 is?

kayitosway954
08-16-2011, 06:14 PM
is he one of the original spice girls that nvr made the final cut?

no, silly :wub: that was Wayne before he linked with Da Sqad :Yayo:

which reminds me... he shouldnt of played tha Tin Man, kuz tha Tin Man wants heart [something Wayne dont got, or he woulda hopped out tha Suburban and said "WHATS POPPIN, 40 [Glocc]"

Wayne shoulda def been tha Scarecrow :smokin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zutmeSfBIM

M.A KINGDOM
08-16-2011, 06:45 PM

smh baby ure 1 year old then me :Yayo: :laugh:

Westside
08-16-2011, 08:01 PM
smh baby ure 1 year old then me :Yayo: :laugh:

But i grew up with hiphop @ a early age :D

Dont know about you :laugh:

Moist Murderer
08-16-2011, 10:09 PM
i dont really know much bout spice 1 but i do kinda know who he is and im sure i hav a folder in my collection - spice 1, and theres some good shit there

kayitosway954
08-17-2011, 03:22 PM
Im saying, Spice 1 & some Too Short get tha hoodrats & suburb bitches out they pants!!!! aint no RULEEEEE in that BAYBEEEEEEEEEEE

elcuppan
08-19-2011, 08:54 AM
just cause yall like bum rappers..dont mean yall learnt about hip hop early than anybody....
people just have different tastes and are into different things...

Propz
08-19-2011, 10:45 AM
As a component of the EIC, the urban music recording industry functions in-part as a distractor from real life for millions of people a year. To a slightly greater degree than the print media, the recording industry simultaneously creates media content while effectively suppressing content that it does not sanction. In other words, determining what is not popular is just as important as determining what is popular. According to Melinda Newman of Billboard, “there are 30,000 albums released each year… [and] only 100 become hits 4.” Said more accurately, only 100 are selected to become hits. In our world, they have the power to decide what is popular and what is not. By “they” I mean Sony, Universal Music Group (UMG), Warner Music Group (WMG), and EMI who by themselves “own and disseminate over 95 percent of all music CDs sold in the Western world.5”

It is common knowledge that for every talented rapper with a record deal there are 25 artists with way more talent and way less buzz. Sure, there are countless rags-to-riches tales in Rap music lyrics. And that’s the point. There is the distraction. We are encouraged to view individual success as the result of hard-work, talent, perseverance, or some other personal characteristic. We never get messages about how the EIC hand-picks artists who are safe, and then (through what is now being called artist development) make them even safer. In order to maintain its death-grip on the minds, the EIC needs us to believe that we are the one’s choosing the media content broadcast over the airwaves and packaged between album covers. They need us to believe that what’s hot is what the people want.

Westside
08-19-2011, 07:50 PM
just cause yall like bum rappers..dont mean yall learnt about hip hop early than anybody....
people just have different tastes and are into different things...

Bum rappers you know doin the same thing peeps hate Ja for....we know yall like that "commercial" but i gotta stay on that ''gutta'' rap shit but that doesnt mean they bad or bum rappers!

elcuppan
08-19-2011, 08:05 PM
Bum rappers you know doin the same thing peeps hate Ja for....we know yall like that "commercial" but i gotta stay on that ''gutta'' rap shit but that doesnt mean they bad or bum rappers!

ja rule is really commercial in the worlds eyes...

Westside
08-20-2011, 10:48 AM
ja rule is really commercial in the worlds eyes...

Yup ask my european homies they only know Ja for singin with J.Lo & Ashanti :laugh:

kayitosway954
08-21-2011, 02:18 PM
As a component of the EIC, the urban music recording industry functions in-part as a distractor from real life for millions of people a year. To a slightly greater degree than the print media, the recording industry simultaneously creates media content while effectively suppressing content that it does not sanction. In other words, determining what is not popular is just as important as determining what is popular. According to Melinda Newman of Billboard, “there are 30,000 albums released each year… [and] only 100 become hits 4.” Said more accurately, only 100 are selected to become hits. In our world, they have the power to decide what is popular and what is not. By “they” I mean Sony, Universal Music Group (UMG), Warner Music Group (WMG), and EMI who by themselves “own and disseminate over 95 percent of all music CDs sold in the Western world.5”

It is common knowledge that for every talented rapper with a record deal there are 25 artists with way more talent and way less buzz. Sure, there are countless rags-to-riches tales in Rap music lyrics. And that’s the point. There is the distraction. We are encouraged to view individual success as the result of hard-work, talent, perseverance, or some other personal characteristic. We never get messages about how the EIC hand-picks artists who are safe, and then (through what is now being called artist development) make them even safer. In order to maintain its death-grip on the minds, the EIC needs us to believe that we are the one’s choosing the media content broadcast over the airwaves and packaged between album covers. They need us to believe that what’s hot is what the people want.

think Im tha only one who agreed