PDA

View Full Version : The official PIL2/MPire RANT thread

Eimz_T
07-04-2011, 11:50 AM
We all get frustrated with the lack of new music/updates/news from time to time, and with PIL2 seeming so close but yet so far it gets a little bit worse.

So have your rants here, blow off some steam, no judgements (unless you opinion is idiotic :P ) but please do try and keep personal attacks on both mio members and seven etc to an absolute minimum.

This way we can keep the PIL2 update thread clear from negativity etc and keep it for updates and discussion on updates rather than lack thereof.

so............. Rant on :eazy::eazy:

:smokin:

k_kiss
07-04-2011, 12:02 PM
bring back the muthafucknig shoutbox!!!!!!!!!!
Shoutbox>>>PIL2....Fuck all yall bitch assssesss

rahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

is that good enuff for a rant?

Westside
07-04-2011, 12:06 PM

Word 2 god...where scope @?

Eimz_T
07-04-2011, 12:18 PM
rant on lol, keep these rants PIL2/Mpire related, u can make a general rant thread in the lounge lol

k_kiss
07-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Fuck the Lounge nigga

Eimz_T
07-04-2011, 12:30 PM
kiss is too gangsta to hang in a lounge

Westside
07-04-2011, 01:04 PM
kiss is too gangsta to hang in a lounge

LMAO :laugh:

Bring the shoutbox :chuuch:

baba88
07-04-2011, 01:22 PM
pil2 is gonna flop hard!! no promo and the artist is in jail! most of hip hop fans hate ja rule! look forward to fuck fame instead of waiting for pil2/rp!

Westside
07-04-2011, 02:42 PM
pil2 is gonna flop hard!! no promo and the artist is in jail! most of hip hop fans hate ja rule! look forward to fuck fame instead of waiting for pil2/rp!

Daaaaaaayyyuuuum :ohmy:

Westside
07-04-2011, 02:43 PM
PIL2 will get @ least 200.000 sells .........Ja Whool>>>>Drake

Eimz_T
07-04-2011, 03:34 PM
I don't think it'll flop. But don't expect massive numbers either, this is the come back album. Fuck fame.

bena2005
07-04-2011, 03:46 PM
hope album doesn't get pushed back somehow

Vinnie
07-04-2011, 04:38 PM
100.000 in first week..

M.A KINGDOM
07-04-2011, 04:47 PM

:eazy::eazy:

elcuppan
07-04-2011, 05:27 PM
4get a rant thread...bring back the shoutbox in this biiiiiiiieeeetch...ahhaa...

Now Playing :MMG -Self Made

baba88
07-04-2011, 05:44 PM
this album will never ever sell more than nelly's last album. nelly also had a massive hit with just a dream. i personally dont see RLF being a hit. so if it all goes well he will sell numbers like nelly.

Moist Murderer
07-04-2011, 05:56 PM

i think dis is da kind of rubbish ranting Eimz was tryin to keep out da update thread by makin dis 1. why u say not to look forward to PIL2 just cos u think it will flop, if only 1 copy came out and came to me id b still lookin forward cos its soundin lik such an unbelievable album

this album will never ever sell more than nelly's last album. nelly also had a massive hit with just a dream. i personally dont see RLF being a hit. so if it all goes well he will sell numbers like nelly.

wat numbers did nelly do?

Westside
07-04-2011, 07:05 PM
Man JA got 7 fuckin video's....RLF is handeld by the master himself Hype Williams......JA&7 got a incredible sound togetter you know that real fresh quality sound....fuck all yall haterz PIL2>>>>>>pain is love

relentless
07-05-2011, 01:30 AM
watch this rant thread turn into the jockriding thread once the RLF video drops lol

outlaw
07-05-2011, 01:41 AM
I'm goin to rant hard bc I'm wait on this album. Every one is talking numbers that ain't goin to happen we won't even know how much it sales bc ther won't even b a way to obtain this info and this is e even if we see a release bc at this point it's not looking good . At best pil 2 will b a purely iTunes release as for the seven videos that r supposedly done y isn't there even one released since were already past the relase date of the album . If it does see the light of day I would say 30 000 of iTunes but I don't think it will b released now at this point

k_kiss
07-05-2011, 01:47 AM
I'm goin to rant hard bc I'm wait on this album. Every one is talking numbers that ain't goin to happen we won't even know how much it sales bc ther won't even b a way to obtain this info and this is e even if we see a release bc at this point it's not looking good . At best pil 2 will b a purely iTunes release as for the seven videos that r supposedly done y isn't there even one released since were already past the relase date of the album . If it does see the light of day I would say 30 000 of iTunes but I don't think it will b released now at this point

lol TIME OUT

How is it possible to be past the release date of an album thats not released????:laugh:

Aight time in....Rant on

djmickeydee
07-05-2011, 02:43 AM
Word 2 god...where scope @?

^^ Bring That Nigga Back...He Was MIO Too...Even Tho He Bashed Everybody...This Is His Kinda Thread...And It's Fucked Up That Dude Ain't Here To Enjoy This...Props For Talkin About Dude...I FORGOT About Scope..lol

theinc
07-05-2011, 04:21 AM
RLF will flop harder then Uh Oh did. The video may turn out good, but the song is boring.

Superstar / Black Vodka / Never had time / To the top , should have all been ahead of having a video made. Why pay Hype x amount of dollars to make a awesome video for an average song.
The same problem happened with the Mirror. They had "Sunset" with Game who was relatively "hot" back then. It would have been reasonable to make a video for that track ahead of Body or Uh Oh. Instead they took the easy route thinking having Wayne on Uh Oh would secure a hit. They were wrong.

I don't think PIL2 will do well commercially, not because the material isn't good but because the lack of promotion / business acumen that seems to be a trend with Ja's recent projects. But I hope I'm proven wrong.

Had it been released on the day before he went it then I think he may have moved some good numbers, but then again the material wouldn't be what it is now.

Ive been impressed with most of the tracks that Ja has lined up for this project so I hope it does get released eventually & doesn't face any further push backs.

As far as the updates from 7, Id rather him be working on the project then feeding us misleading release days or sugar coating things. It's can be frustrating but hopefully it'll be well worth the wait.

baba88
07-05-2011, 05:26 AM
Many people seem not to be familiar with recent sales figures. Ja Rule will never ever sell more than 100k. Fact!

Now the question is how far below 100k he will land. If he sells more than 85k it could be counted as a success for his terms. Below 85k it has to be counted as a flop.

In my opinion its gonna sell less than 85k, so it would be commercially a flop, but at the end of the day i dont care cause its gonna have some good music. But it will not bring back Ja like 7 announced it!

Vinnie
07-05-2011, 05:45 AM
im not compaining but im just saying why is it so quit in the mpire camp now.. its werid like everything stopped.. so quiet.. do u think they are just working hard or did everything just stop when ja went to jail.. like they dont have any money to studio or shit like that.. ja owned the mpire so i guess he was the main guy who rented the studios and stuff...

elcuppan
07-05-2011, 07:17 AM
i honestly dont care about sales.. why are people still talking about sales..how many time have we gone through this?.

Eimz_T
07-05-2011, 07:42 AM
RLF will flop harder then Uh Oh did. The video may turn out good, but the song is boring.

Superstar / Black Vodka / Never had time / To the top , should have all been ahead of having a video made. Why pay Hype x amount of dollars to make a awesome video for an average song.
The same problem happened with the Mirror. They had "Sunset" with Game who was relatively "hot" back then. It would have been reasonable to make a video for that track ahead of Body or Uh Oh. Instead they took the easy route thinking having Wayne on Uh Oh would secure a hit. They were wrong.

I don't think PIL2 will do well commercially, not because the material isn't good but because the lack of promotion / business acumen that seems to be a trend with Ja's recent projects. But I hope I'm proven wrong.

Had it been released on the day before he went it then I think he may have moved some good numbers, but then again the material wouldn't be what it is now.

Ive been impressed with most of the tracks that Ja has lined up for this project so I hope it does get released eventually & doesn't face any further push backs.

As far as the updates from 7, Id rather him be working on the project then feeding us misleading release days or sugar coating things. It's can be frustrating but hopefully it'll be well worth the wait.

you REALLY hate RLF huh?

M.A KINGDOM
07-05-2011, 07:58 AM
i honestly dont care about sales.. why are people still talking about sales..how many time have we gone through this?.

yea i dont really care about sales i just want the album but i also want ja to do well so in that sense i care about sales but other then that just give me that music thats all i care about sheeeeet

Eimz_T
07-05-2011, 08:08 AM
sales meh, gaining respect back as an artist, yea

baba88
07-05-2011, 08:49 AM
fat joe's darkside was one great album, but he didnt gain his respect back. so you really think people will respect ja again??? his career is dead!

M.A KINGDOM
07-05-2011, 09:01 AM
sales meh, gaining respect back as an artist, yea

a shame to most people respect = sales

Melle
07-05-2011, 09:52 AM
I dont know the today sales, anyone who can update me that keep up with these things?

Take for instance the one who sells the most and one of the guys that sells the lowest.

I dont think ja will flop as hard as we think. Thinking mostly the fans buy the artist albums these days, plus some other people that just buys it because they like music and support people that make good music, meaning they might buy his album if its hot even tho they dont really care so much about ja.

And this is the thing with every artist. I think we underestimate the ja fans, baceause many ja fans are grown at this time if u was like 20-25 years when he first came into the game. This meaning that alot of his fans dont hang on forums and stuff even tho alot of people do.

My point, ja will do okay, because of the old fans and because of people that enjoy music and buy it if its good, wich it is.... :)

k_kiss
07-05-2011, 10:26 AM
are u guys seriously expecting a dude who is in jail....who wont be able to promo his album to sell 85-100k?....wont happen

20k?? MAYBE lol

But a Bomb ass Album- DEFINETELY!

a3killa
07-05-2011, 10:52 AM

Ja did not even want body to be a single

he wanted to make a video/single for enemy of the state

Eimz_T
07-05-2011, 10:59 AM
i think damn shoulda been a single........:unsure:

baba88
07-05-2011, 11:02 AM
are u guys seriously expecting a dude who is in jail....who wont be able to promo his album to sell 85-100k?....wont happen

20k?? MAYBE lol

But a Bomb ass Album- DEFINETELY!

yhh thats what i was thinking too. hopefully he'll sell more than soulja boy!!!

elcuppan
07-05-2011, 11:32 AM
ja willl push 20k if people are aware of his release date...anything more than that is a straight blessing

Eimz_T
07-05-2011, 12:05 PM
don't write him off completely, these days the industry is different. you'd never know how well them singles will do....

elcuppan
07-05-2011, 12:20 PM
20k is not a write off eimz...im jus being honest...but the quality of the music will ensure it burns slow...i mean 20 k first week..

Eimz_T
07-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Yeah. I'm just saying u never know how things will be when all is said and done. Anyway sales - meh ;)

Westside
07-05-2011, 10:38 PM
What a wankers on this gtfo.

ive just read RULE sold 661.000 copies at first i tought PIL2 would do 200.000 but after readin these numbers from RULE i say from now on 300.000

PIL2+800

Eimz_T
07-06-2011, 12:26 AM
1 word westside: recession.

theinc
07-06-2011, 12:58 AM
you REALLY hate RLF huh?

I don't hate it at all, its just not an ideal track for a first video. Its not the type of track you can listen to over and over, it makes me yawn. Unlike Wonderful & most of ja's other music.

& I agree "Damn" should have had a video, really felt that track.

Westside
07-06-2011, 01:00 AM
recession whats that?....ive got a recession/crisis all my life!

Stay positive pil2+800

k_kiss
07-06-2011, 01:17 AM
+600

relentless
07-06-2011, 03:30 AM
+777.77

elcuppan
07-06-2011, 05:41 AM
+600

*+650

"ever seen 7 milli cash?..gotta count it carefully"

elcuppan
07-06-2011, 05:42 AM

1 word eimz : broadband

Eimz_T
07-06-2011, 05:51 AM
4 words: get on the PIL

elcuppan
07-06-2011, 06:11 AM
4 words: get on the PIL

thanks for reminding me...nearly forgot about that altogether,, :unsure:
isnt it worrying when some of ur most die-hard fans forget u have an album coming out...:Yayo:

#ShoutBoxBack :chuuch:

M.A KINGDOM
07-06-2011, 08:15 AM
dam kiss see what we started now everyone doing the dam + numbers sheeeeet lol

S3M1R
07-06-2011, 09:05 AM
For everyone thinking Ja will do mad numbers, don't hope for it.

An example;

Wiz Khalifa, a very succesful artist at the moment, who had SMASH hits on the charts & MAD promotion & WASNT in JAIL sold 197k first week and it hasn't even gone gold. That's REALLY good at this point in the music bizz.

Ja Rule who doesn't have MAD promotion, who wont have SMASH hits on the charts and who IS in jail, will sell around 20k first week, depending on the spinz of his first single..

But like Eimz said, you never know when it will blow up at this point in the music bizz, so we could be suprised, but don't be suprised if it doesn't.

DeReK I.N.C
07-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Who eva thinks this album will sell big you are crazy.

One example that comes to Mind is the Slaughterhouse Album that dropped in 09. Even with the Album getting a lot of promo online and even with it getting good reviews the album only went on to sell 18k in the 1st week And this was because it was a independent release and it did not have the Push of a major label.

Will have to wait and see what Ja will sell But it is too hard to tell atm with no video no single and no release date. I think you can only talk numbers about a week out from a release date until then it is rly to hard to tell what he will sell. I will be very surprised if he does sell more than 20k tho.

End of the day this Album to me wont be about numbers I Just want another classic Ja album ....#FuckFame

Westside
07-06-2011, 12:07 PM
C'mon Son yall talikn about Wiz Khalifa and Slaughterhouse 99% of them dogz in my hood neva eva heard of them!

Ja is a established artist who sold 30 milli WORLDWIDE Ja sells his self in just needs some decent promo.

We got JA+7+HypeWilliams=A comeback like Mariah beeetch!!!

PIL2+800

S3M1R
07-06-2011, 02:01 PM
C'mon Son yall talikn about Wiz Khalifa and Slaughterhouse 99% of them dogz in my hood neva eva heard of them!

Ja is a established artist who sold 30 milli WORLDWIDE Ja sells his self in just needs some decent promo.

We got JA+7+HypeWilliams=A comeback like Mariah beeetch!!!

PIL2+800

90% of the "Dogz in hoods" don't buy records.

Eimz_T
07-06-2011, 02:15 PM
lmao ^^

k_kiss
07-06-2011, 02:25 PM
The dogs in my hood buy records

Eimz_T
07-06-2011, 02:50 PM
I don't have dogs, nor do i live in a hood. #letsjustbehonest

Moist Murderer
07-06-2011, 04:42 PM
im gonna shove dis album so far down peoples throat theyl hav ta buy it

Westside
07-06-2011, 07:31 PM
90% of the "Dogz in hoods" don't buy records.

True my dogz dont buy music at all:laugh:

elcuppan
07-07-2011, 04:40 AM
westside's argument lasted so short...only things dawgs out in the netherlands buy is pussy and weed

kayitosway954
07-07-2011, 04:49 AM
*like JP Morgan* its my M Pire, and I want it nowwwwwwwwwwwwwww

only things dawgs out in the netherlands buy is pussy and weed

Cuppan, that aint necessarily a badd thing... matter fakt, Kiss, Cuppan, pakk ya baggs.... Westside, set up our hotel arrangements....

owwwwwwwwwwww, REEEEEEEFERRRRRRRRRRRRR PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYY

baba88
07-07-2011, 07:04 AM
just to show you how actual sales figures are. Lloyd's new album is said to sell around 20k first week!

k_kiss
07-07-2011, 10:23 AM
lloyd aint never did good numbers before anyway.....only when Him and Irv were semi/cool and irv was tryna find a way back in the game in 07

baba88
07-07-2011, 10:30 AM
i am not sure but i think lloyd has a bigger fanbase than Ja nowadays. And he has Andre 3000, Lil Wayne, R.Kelly, Trey Songz etc. on his album. He was on tour with Dirty Money and Lil Wayne/YMCMB.

I just want to show how the reality looks like in the music industry nowadays. Ja wont sell much more than this album.

S3M1R
07-07-2011, 10:45 AM
i am not sure but i think lloyd has a bigger fanbase than Ja nowadays. And he has Andre 3000, Lil Wayne, R.Kelly, Trey Songz etc. on his album. He was on tour with Dirty Money and Lil Wayne/YMCMB.

I just want to show how the reality looks like in the music industry nowadays. Ja wont sell much more than this album.

Lloyd's fanbase is bigger in the US; yes, worldwide; no

elcuppan
07-07-2011, 12:16 PM
Lloyd's fanbase is bigger in the US; yes, worldwide; no

but first week sales are looked at as in the states...soundscan

a3killa
07-07-2011, 12:25 PM
is this nigga waiting till 7pm or something?

k_kiss
07-07-2011, 12:57 PM
is this nigga waiting till 7pm or something?

7/7/7:07

+600 :smokin:

S3M1R
07-07-2011, 01:25 PM
lmao ^^

M.A KINGDOM
07-07-2011, 07:39 PM
after that update i had to drop a rant in this bitch how has only half of the album been mixed smdh and they were going for a june 6th release date are you serious... so the video has taken a month and sev still aint seen shit from hype and still no release date and they aint even got the cover art approved well dayme call it a day and give it us as a mixtape shit is a rap pil2 release date year 7777 i have officially lost interest in this album

Westside
07-07-2011, 08:50 PM
westside's argument lasted so short...only things dawgs out in the netherlands buy is pussy and weed

True that homie :laugh:

*like JP Morgan* its my M Pire, and I want it nowwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Cuppan, that aint necessarily a badd thing... matter fakt, Kiss, Cuppan, pakk ya baggs.... Westside, set up our hotel arrangements....

owwwwwwwwwwww, REEEEEEEFERRRRRRRRRRRRR PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Welcome back lando :smokin:

S3M1R
07-07-2011, 09:59 PM
why the fuck is everyone saying HALF of the album is mixed, wasn't it 17 songs or something?

it's about 1/3 y'all, pfft fuck this shit, see y'all in 1, one love, fuck updates

Propz
07-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Its the end of the world for some of these dudes lol

S3M1R
07-07-2011, 10:29 PM
Its the end of the world for some of these dudes lol

not at all lol,

i'm just really anticipating the album

it's just a lil bit frustrating, you are actually expecting some kind of update after a while, being prepared for the worst but still hoping for the best,, and what do we get? almost just info on everything we knew already and there is STILL no progress on the album...

anyways, if you don't understand where we are coming from then you don't really care bout the album IMO.

aurelius954
07-07-2011, 10:49 PM
Oh well, thought he was jiving, guess not. Guess I'a go harvest the crop. This has been a wild azz ride.

elcuppan
07-08-2011, 08:12 AM
lmao at everyone's reactions..its really making my day..

Dermo
07-08-2011, 08:17 AM
who wants the shoutbox back ? its about the only thing we going to get any time soon around here

kayitosway954
07-08-2011, 08:20 AM
Welcome back lando :smokin:

yawoahhhhhhhhhhhha, son, it feels good 2 be puttin in work.

who wants the shoutbox back ? its about the only thing we going to get any time soon around here

oh! oh! I got tha PIL2 bootleg 4 that offer! [<<<< really just me impersonating Ja 4 twenty two trakks]

Eimz_T
07-08-2011, 08:23 AM
RRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTT

(for reasons other than PIL2)

M.A KINGDOM
07-08-2011, 08:24 AM

hell yeah ma dude only dam thing positive ive herd in weeks

Propz
07-08-2011, 10:52 AM
not at all lol,

i'm just really anticipating the album

it's just a lil bit frustrating, you are actually expecting some kind of update after a while, being prepared for the worst but still hoping for the best,, and what do we get? almost just info on everything we knew already and there is STILL no progress on the album...

anyways, if you don't understand where we are coming from then you don't really care bout the album IMO.

I care about my lady my family my friends but an album?...In that case naw I could care the fuck the less. Do I want to hear the shit fuck yea!

If you don't understand what I've been saying then you just care too much about an album IMO.

Eimz_T
07-08-2011, 11:03 AM
That's a bit of a simplistic view^^

we've all been waiting, we're all anticipating, so yeah we all care

Eimz_T
07-08-2011, 11:04 AM
like i said, this is a thread for ppl to vent their frustration, ppl are entitled to their frustration and i don't think anybody should have to jusitfy it

Propz
07-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Thats just me posting my frustration lol

MurdaNL
07-08-2011, 12:49 PM
I care about my lady my family my friends but an album?...In that case naw I could care the fuck the less. Do I want to hear the shit fuck yea!

If you don't understand what I've been saying then you just care too much about an album IMO.

So you don't care about ja rule albums/music? What are you doing on this forum then lol.

Seriously, everytime that I see a post of you I start laughing, I ask myself is this guy serious?

Your comments are most of the time completely nonsens (no arguments at all) and very stupid, I wonder why they made you a moderator cause you are really a big stupid morron. haha.

laf13
07-08-2011, 01:02 PM
yo wtf is going on hype takes fuckin a month to edit one video. must be takin his sweet time. atleast progress is bein made though. been waitin 7 years, when pil 2 finally drops i can finally die in peace.

kayitosway954
07-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Hype's turning Ja's musik video in 2 "Belly 2" haha

k_kiss
07-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Hype's turning Ja's musik video in 2 "Belly 2" haha

Real Life Fantasy intro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzM2dEylwmI

Westside
07-10-2011, 06:59 AM
So we can rant on mpiya to????

I got no mo hope in the label i bet no Merc Life or H-O cd eva will see a day light.

All thanx to some lil childeren who beefin!