PDA

View Full Version : Ja Vs Drake

djmickeydee
10-31-2010, 04:03 AM
Now We've All Know I Said I Wasn't Goin Do This...But Fuck It...It's Halloween And I Wanna Throw A Lil Curveball To The Site...Ya'll Can Comment Ya'll Can Skip It...But I Think It'll Be Fun.

With That Being Said...Drake First Album Obviously A Great Album But Obviously Not A Classic As He Quoted...But I Wanna Know Where Do He Stand As Being The "Ja Rule Of The 2009 And Beyond"

So I'mma Do It Like This Here

The Mirror

Vs.

Thank Me Later

To Me Ja's And Drake Have Deliver'd Both Lyrical And Vocal Skills...Drake Is More Sweetheartish..And Ja's More Rugged And Street "Mulatic" What He Calls It.

Thank Me Later: Drake Did A Good Job On This...But To Be Short And Quick About It...Dude Performances Are Hell Of A Lot Better Than His Actual Songs(Bet Awards, MTV Awards, etc)....Fancy He Did At This Years MTV Awards..Sounds Better Than The Album Version...I Could Hear Him A Whole Lot Clearer. But That's Just My Opinion.

The Mirror: Great Album All Around...Of Course I Say That..We're All Ja's Fans...But There's A Few Songs On There Stunk Like (Ladies, Enemies Of The State, 300, Something New)...Just To Name A Few.

Vote People Vote...If Ya'll On The Subject..And I Wanna See Where It Goes From Here....If Not...Well Atleast I Talked And Got It Off My Chest!

brandondizzle
10-31-2010, 06:09 AM
I picked mirror only because it had more rap music in it, and it's more my type of music

toprule
10-31-2010, 06:18 AM
i picked the mirror cuz i cant stand drake's music!

rodger p
10-31-2010, 06:30 AM
wats the big fuss bout drake anyway

i pick the mirror n it wasnt tht good anyway

elcuppan
10-31-2010, 12:16 PM
lmao at u puttin this on a ja rule fan site...course they gon pick him...i love thank me later...and the mirror is starting to mean more now...but ima have to give it to thank me later...theres no comparision...they r both overly diff from each other

gwopboi7
10-31-2010, 12:23 PM
well im feelin both albums... but if i had 2pic one i wud go wit the mirror...

1) it less songs i skip on the mirror than i do on thank me later (@djmickeydee i liked 300 and enemy of the state. sumthin new was okay... but ladies was a bad song... lol..)

2) drake mixtapes are much better than his album... his popularity is 60percent hype...

and on another note... i never knew drake played on degrassi... aint that a show on nick...

Ɖ∀ℕǤΞℝĜUƧ 1ℕΞ
10-31-2010, 01:09 PM
The Mirror

albanian murda
10-31-2010, 06:16 PM
Anyday Anytime Any Album Ja Rule >>> Drake....the only poll that drake can win over Ja is "who is more overated"...nothing against Drake but Im startin to dislike him just because of his fans and the people who rate him so high

Lexx_Luciano
10-31-2010, 08:47 PM
U can't go against the originator!! Drakes r&b songs combined on Thank Me Later can't be matched with Free, Sunset, Body. Let alone Rule got them raw joints. Drake got his own flow which is cool & all...but Rules a beast compared to drizzy.

Lexx_Luciano
10-31-2010, 08:48 PM
Anyday Anytime Any Album Ja Rule >>> Drake....the only poll that drake can win over Ja is "who is more overated"...nothing against Drake but Im startin to dislike him just because of his fans and the people who rate him so high

haha tell me about it...they're about to compare him to 2Pac pretty soon.

Capo Di Tutti
10-31-2010, 10:29 PM
for me its the mirror its more grown, more mature than drake's album

lol plus he is my fav rapper so im biased

k_kiss
10-31-2010, 10:54 PM
haha tell me about it...they're about to compare him to 2Pac pretty soon.

hahaha...that cracked me up for real

all drake needs is the bandana

Ɖ∀ℕǤΞℝĜUƧ 1ℕΞ
10-31-2010, 11:24 PM
Drake Is Ordinary As Phuk To Me, No Hate On Him Like Many People do But He Is Really Mostly Hype Like Nikki Minaj & Alot Of Mainstream Rappers

Like For Real Anybody that sign to young money now gonna get attention regardless of skill cuz they "hot" now cuz of lil wayne

if drake never signed to young money & released thank me later on some other label he would have never gone platinum.

djmickeydee
11-01-2010, 01:05 AM
Not Really...He'd Be In The Same Catagory As "J-Cole"...Witch Who I Think Drake Is Kinda Simular 2...Besides The Whole Singing Thing.

But Think About It Guyz...Drake Singing Is Far Much Superb Than Ja's

I Mean Regardless If We're On MIO....That Doesn't Mean We Have To Take Ja's Side...Ja Fucked Up Some Songs On His Album...Like I Said 300 Wasn't All That Good..Something New Wasn't All That Good.

If Drake Sings On A Hook Or Even On His Own Songs...He Don't Have A Microscope Under Him...And Drake Is Not Overrated(Not Sayin Anybody Said That)...Because Dude Is Nice...And The Fact That He Can Flip It And Change At Any Giving Time Will Make Sure He'll Be In The Game For A Long Time...Lyrical He Is 2....Look At The Shit He Did With Rick Ross On Aston Martin Music...Dude Bodied Ross On His Own Song.

Ja Will Be Forever Under The Microscope Because People Expect Him To Sing And Fail Because Of The Whole 50 Thing...And Let's Be Honest With Ourselves...Ja Could Never Pull Off A Hook Like Drake Has Done On "Forever, Aston Martin Music etc".

But I See Where Ya'll Comin From...It's Not About "Songs" It's About The Albums...But I Still Think Ja And Drake Are Simular And Drake's The 2010 Version Of Rule.

Ɖ∀ℕǤΞℝĜUƧ 1ℕΞ
11-01-2010, 01:39 AM
bodying ross on his own track ain't no great accomplishment imo, ross ain't that good to be completely honest.

as for drake being 2010 rule......... na ja is way more versatile at rapping, drake only really has one flow that gets boring real quick & he mostly raps about the same shit in most of his songs (could be record label pimping or limited talent....who really knows?)

If You take it song by song tml was shorter than the mirror & if you minus your least favorite songs off the mirror song for song tml still can't hang with the mirror

djmickeydee
11-01-2010, 04:12 AM
^^ WOW...Strong Words Bro...Very Strong Words...Respect!

And Drake Is That Versitile...And If He Haven't Proven That...He Should've Already..I Mean Album Aside...Drake Put Out Mixtapes That Should've Shown That By Now Atleast.

Cause I'm Sure Drake Has Alot More To Offer Than More Meets The Eye...I Done Heard Alotta People Speak About Drake And His Vocal Skills And Lyrical Talent...Maybe Because They're Not Ja Rule Fans...But Never The Less...Somewhere Out There..Drake Has To Have Shown His Versitality Skills.

Maybe On His Mixtapes??...I Don't Know Cause I Don't Do Mixtapes Only Albums.

It's Either That...Or Maybe My Definition Of Versitile Is Diffrent From Yours...Cause At The End Of Aston Martin Music...He Did His Lil Chorus..Then He Started Rappin At The End...Is That Versitile Or Not?

And If It Is...Then Yes Ja Has Done That On More Than One Occasion..But That's Only Because Ja Has Put Out More Music....But Don't Sleep On Drake...He Ain't Goin Nowhere Anytime Soon.

Drake Being Limited Talent Uhhhh Don't Think So..But That's Just My Opinon...Can't See This Dude Carrer Fallin Off Anytime Soon...And About Him Rappin About The Same Things Over And Over Again...I Honestly Don't See That Shit...Yes He Raps About Girls..So Do Ja..Ja Was Doin That Shit Too...They Both Do It Lyrically...What's Not To Compare?

#WhatIzYa'llSayin??

gwopboi7
11-01-2010, 07:08 AM
not really...he'd be in the same catagory as "j-cole"...witch who i think drake is kinda simular 2...besides the whole singing thing.

But think about it guyz...drake singing is far much superb than ja's

i mean regardless if we're on mio....that doesn't mean we have to take ja's side...ja fucked up some songs on his album...like i said 300 wasn't all that good..something new wasn't all that good.

If drake sings on a hook or even on his own songs...he don't have a microscope under him...and drake is not overrated(not sayin anybody said that)...because dude is nice...and the fact that he can flip it and change at any giving time will make sure he'll be in the game for a long time...lyrical he is 2....look at the shit he did with rick ross on aston martin music...dude bodied ross on his own song.

Ja will be forever under the microscope because people expect him to sing and fail because of the whole 50 thing...and let's be honest with ourselves...ja could never pull off a hook like drake has done on "forever, aston martin music etc".

But i see where ya'll comin from...it's not about "songs" it's about the albums...but i still think ja and drake are simular and drake's the 2010 version of rule.

okay i been said drake is over rated... Not sayin he not nice, cuz im feelin dude i do have a few of his mixtapes and i have thank me later... But as far as people callin him the hip hop savior... Gtfoh...

2) 2say drake singin is much better than ja is correct.. U rite about that... But we all know ja dont really sing he harmonize... And drake and wayne been takin actual singin lessons for how long now?... I mean drake got his own vocal coach... So u really gotta look at that part of it 2... Imo...

3) u must be out of yo mind 2say ja cudnt pull of hooks like drake... Lmao... Yeah u rite he is the man when it come 2that type of shit like forever and aston martin music and even wayne said it on money 2 blow "and we gone be alright if we put brake on every hook" lol... But u talkin bout a man responsible for the hook on put it on me... One of the biggest song ever in hip hop amongst... So until drake cane pull that off ima give give ja the edge on that one 2...

elcuppan
11-01-2010, 08:05 AM
mad drake haters damn...

ja rule was da man...drake is the man...i cant put it better than that

gwopboi7
11-01-2010, 09:42 AM
mad drake haters damn...

ja rule was da man...drake is the man...i cant put it better than that

lol... im not hatin on drake he mad hot rite now... but u gotta show love to tha trail blazer... tha one who started it all.. no rule = no drake and even ja spoke on that in tha pieces song...

Ɖ∀ℕǤΞℝĜUƧ 1ℕΞ
11-01-2010, 10:05 AM
^^ WOW...Strong Words Bro...Very Strong Words...Respect!

And Drake Is That Versitile...And If He Haven't Proven That...He Should've Already..I Mean Album Aside...Drake Put Out Mixtapes That Should've Shown That By Now Atleast.

Cause I'm Sure Drake Has Alot More To Offer Than More Meets The Eye...I Done Heard Alotta People Speak About Drake And His Vocal Skills And Lyrical Talent...Maybe Because They're Not Ja Rule Fans...But Never The Less...Somewhere Out There..Drake Has To Have Shown His Versitality Skills.

Maybe On His Mixtapes??...I Don't Know Cause I Don't Do Mixtapes Only Albums.

It's Either That...Or Maybe My Definition Of Versitile Is Diffrent From Yours...Cause At The End Of Aston Martin Music...He Did His Lil Chorus..Then He Started Rappin At The End...Is That Versitile Or Not?

And If It Is...Then Yes Ja Has Done That On More Than One Occasion..But That's Only Because Ja Has Put Out More Music....But Don't Sleep On Drake...He Ain't Goin Nowhere Anytime Soon.

Drake Being Limited Talent Uhhhh Don't Think So..But That's Just My Opinon...Can't See This Dude Carrer Fallin Off Anytime Soon...And About Him Rappin About The Same Things Over And Over Again...I Honestly Don't See That Shit...Yes He Raps About Girls..So Do Ja..Ja Was Doin That Shit Too...They Both Do It Lyrically...What's Not To Compare?

#WhatIzYa'llSayin??

well you talkin about versatile being the singing rapping thing

I'm talking about different types of songs, subject matter, flows nom sayin

k_kiss
11-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Niggas hate on drake all they want. But hes putting it down real heavy and dropped one of the best all around albums this year

Ppl complain about quality music and having to listen to soulja boy and waka flocka....and then we get a quality artist and ppl find fault still. Guess drake needs to rap more about guns and being in gangs to appeal to some of the listeners who like to fantasize about their own life

I do agree ja rule is the one who made this shit hot. The rap/sining. But ja aint no where to be found now, plus hes 34 years old. Make room for the young niggas, because Ja's style will be done over and over, for the next 20 years.

PLUS anyone who says Drake isnt versatile in terms of songs and subject matter..OBVIOUSLY HAVENT LISTENED TO DRAKE...i mean its pretty obvious.
He toys with alot of different subjects. Listen to Fireworks, Listen to Fear, Listen to The Resistance...Listen to Unforgetable. i can go on and on. Drake aint ur average 2 Dimensional rapper. Plus he only released 1 album, hes gonna get better

Westside
11-01-2010, 11:52 AM
There we go again fuckin Drake groupies.......

elcuppan
11-01-2010, 02:44 PM
aint nobody a groupie ...the music speaks for itself man...dude really goes in and puts out high standard stuff...and he aint one dimensional..he is the most versatile artist out there...
drake aint no fake king pin..he's talkin bout life as HE knows it and he does it very well..
he has the ability to make a rage of different songs..and convey diff emotions....im not even hyping dude up..when u get into his music u will know..even the shit he puts out for free is 10x better than what the industry is doin right now..

$tate
11-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Niggas hate on drake all they want. But hes putting it down real heavy and dropped one of the best all around albums this year

Ppl complain about quality music and having to listen to soulja boy and waka flocka....and then we get a quality artist and ppl find fault still. Guess drake needs to rap more about guns and being in gangs to appeal to some of the listeners who like to fantasize about their own life

I do agree ja rule is the one who made this shit hot. The rap/sining. But ja aint no where to be found now, plus hes 34 years old. Make room for the young niggas, because Ja's style will be done over and over, for the next 20 years.

PLUS anyone who says Drake isnt versatile in terms of songs and subject matter..OBVIOUSLY HAVENT LISTENED TO DRAKE...i mean its pretty obvious.
He toys with alot of different subjects. Listen to Fireworks, Listen to Fear, Listen to The Resistance...Listen to Unforgetable. i can go on and on. Drake aint ur average 2 Dimensional rapper. Plus he only released 1 album, hes gonna get better

Bust your guns! :laugh:

Thats some true shit there but dont get soft nigga haha You Drake groupies need to leave the suburbs for a minute and come to MIO :laugh:

TML is album of the year for me no doubt... im not gona compare it to The Mirror. Drake needs to do alot more before i compare him to Ja... yeah I said that

gwopboi7
11-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Nah man drake dont got album of the year that go 2 em... Fallowed by fat joe and drake...

But any way... I aint no damn drake groupie or ja groupie... But im confused i know in convo we was havin we talkin bout how drake shud thank ja 4even makin it possible for his style 2be accepted... Now we tryin 2put drake over ja from one album and a bunch of mixtape... Drake is good but ja is better he gotta get his weight up first... B4 i put him in front of tha man... Lol..

elcuppan
11-01-2010, 05:53 PM
aint nobody saying drake is better than ja...we just callin it as it is..drake is the most creative and hottest artist out right now..and ja rule is a joke..a has been who aint been relevant since lord knows when...drake had album of the year alongside rawse...
i really dont think recovry was all that...what was so special about it?, was there anything new dat em did...or are people just crediting him for makin somewhat "serious" music...crack is up there too...

gwopboi7
11-01-2010, 05:57 PM
no love, 25 to life, love the way u lie, goin tru changes, cold wind blows blows, and talkin 2 myself alone i think is better than drake thank me later...

elcuppan
11-01-2010, 06:06 PM
no love, 25 to life, love the way u lie, goin tru changes, cold wind blows blows, and talkin 2 myself alone i think is better than drake thank me later...

i like it i just dont think its as creative as tml...cause whats new?..nothing...
im happy eminem is on some real shit..but thats not enuff for me to munch on his dick..drake is switchin shit up,,keepin it fresh..

djmickeydee
11-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Off Topic...But Eminem Can Make A Song Called "Wiping My Ass On The Toilet" And That Shit Would Be Number 1 On Billboards...That's How Ridiculous That Shit Has Gotten For Him...It's Sad That That Dumb Ass Song He Made With Rihanna And Not Afraid Could Go Number 1....No Love Is Cool..But That's Only Cause Lil Wayne Is On It.

On Topic: For All The People Who Said Drake Wasn't Versitile...I Knew Kiss Would Go In On Ya'll...Cause He Listens To Drake...But Kiss Comments Aside...I Knew Drake Had To Be..Cause Regardless Of 1 Album...I Was Pretty Sure His Mixtapes Had Versitility On It.

gwopboi7
11-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Off Topic...But Eminem Can Make A Song Called "Wiping My Ass On The Toilet" And That Shit Would Be Number 1 On Billboards...That's How Ridiculous That Shit Has Gotten For Him...It's Sad That That Dumb Ass Song He Made With Rihanna And Not Afraid Could Go Number 1....No Love Is Cool..But That's Only Cause Lil Wayne Is On It.

On Topic: For All The People Who Said Drake Wasn't Versitile...I Knew Kiss Would Go In On Ya'll...Cause He Listens To Drake...But Kiss Comments Aside...I Knew Drake Had To Be..Cause Regardless Of 1 Album...I Was Pretty Sure His Mixtapes Had Versitility On It.

hold up man damn... lol... 1st of all not afraid was nice, and love the way u lie is the shit... and on top of all that how can u say wayne made no love when em clearly out shined him on that record just like he out shinned him on drop the world...

but this aint about wayne or em... its about drake and rule... and its ja rule over drake all day any day... the only clear argument that put drake ahead of rule is tha fact that drake is on top rite now... and rule only bein seen by people like us who die hard rule fans...

k_kiss
11-01-2010, 09:07 PM
man shiiiet....Dont get me started on Eminem

Eminem is wack..100% wack juice

now back to Rule and Drake...kuz MIO knows how i feel about Slim Shady

gwopboi7
11-01-2010, 09:20 PM
man shiiiet....Dont get me started on Eminem

Eminem is wack..100% wack juice

now back to Rule and Drake...kuz MIO knows how i feel about Slim Shady

come on kiss u cant smash on me like that... tell me this...

no love and drop the world... was em better than wayne...???

ja rule over drake man cmon son... lol..

O-James
11-02-2010, 02:08 AM
I cant even compare the two cuz i dont see ja doing 80% of songs that drake is doing and vice versa (drake doing ja songs, talk about material). Although they can be similar at one point. To me The Mirror & Thank Me Later are in their own lane. But The Mirror is already something. Thank Me Later might be highly publicized and selling more, but its just Drake's showcase album. Not his classic shit.

Lexx_Luciano
11-02-2010, 02:27 AM
From a Hook standpoint....i say Rule & Drake are neck to neck.

djmickeydee
11-02-2010, 05:44 AM
^^ LMFBAO....Don't Say That Shit Dude...That Made Me Laugh

Even I'm A Ja Dick Rider(Not Ashame To Admit It)...But Even On Ja's Best Day..He Can't Sing Drake Hooks..Don't Go There.

I Appriciate Drake...I Appriciate The Things He Does...He Give Me A Lil Of Ja When I Hear Him Rap...But Far As Singing Goes...Drake>>>>>Ja Point Blank!

gwopboi7
11-02-2010, 07:04 AM
ja dont sing, he cant sing... lol...

drake is a singer... its a difference 2me...

from a guy like rule who takes music and moves it and molds it and creates his own style from it... to a guy like drake who is a super-talented rapper that can (sing) and just sings on his hooks...

u can put drake on any hook, and drake can sound good on any hook... but at the same time u can replace drake on any one of those hooks wit another singer, cuz thats all it is is drake singin...

but when other artist put rule on they hooks or ja do hooks for his own shit... u cant just replace him with any other rapper. cuz any other rapper wud need auto-tune 2pull off the shit rule does... i mean tell me what other rapper u know cud do im real wit j.lo, rainy days wit mjb, and never again and pull it off like rule did........... ima tell u..... nobody...

rule >>>> drake... hooks, hits, albums and other wise... even tho im sure drake got a few more albums in him and when he get his numbers up we can debate that part later on... lol...

relentless
11-02-2010, 07:16 AM
its tough...i think if i were to look just at the music..the mirror takes it. but its hard to keep an album in rotation..or form any strong bonds with it if there is no momentum..or energy surrounding it. meaning..the mirror was just leaked..and fans were impatient as fuck...it doesnt really bring up a lot of feel good memories. thank me later on the other hand..a lot of people were mad hyped to see how drake would do on his first album...people were interested in him as a person. that feeling is carried on to the listeners...its the same with any big artist's big albums...certain songs capture the era..the moment..and the more people that are fuckin with it...the more likely it is to have an impact on u. the mirror had fuck all impact..so it looses a bit of value there. when i put thank me later into my player..it brings back that feeling of a young hungry..talented artist the whole world was watching. when i think of the mirror..i think of failed potetial.

its why pain is love is my fav ja album...even tho strictly from a musical standpoint i'd give the edge to R.U.L.E...no matter how many times i bang R.U.L.E...itll never capture the feeling i get from pain is love.

O-James
11-02-2010, 09:49 AM
^ damn relent you did it again. pain is love=memories. that album gives me visions of ja rule concerts and everybody throwing m's up and what i was when it came out whenever i play that album. thats why pain is love is a favorite too.

Lexx_Luciano
11-02-2010, 11:27 AM
^^ LMFBAO....Don't Say That Shit Dude...That Made Me Laugh

Even I'm A Ja Dick Rider(Not Ashame To Admit It)...But Even On Ja's Best Day..He Can't Sing Drake Hooks..Don't Go There.

I Appriciate Drake...I Appriciate The Things He Does...He Give Me A Lil Of Ja When I Hear Him Rap...But Far As Singing Goes...Drake>>>>>Ja Point Blank!

naw im talkin excluding the singing part....but creativity when it comes to writing a hook....both are better than 50 in writing majority of hooks.

bena2005
11-02-2010, 01:02 PM
drake never gonna reach ja's album sells..but then again..who can these days? back in the days a damn 40mb mp3 was precious...now anywhere you get to download shit and hear them with your cellphone or anything... drake is very versatile he can be on any type of song..but at the end of the day who wins?..ja....35 million records sold....also drake cannot diss for his life, he will never release blood in my eye material..its hard to compare a 2010 artist vs a 1999 artist..shit is different..i can get famous worldwide by a fucking youtube video...ja worked his butt off... youtube, facebook, wshh and all that stuff didn't exist back then

elcuppan
11-02-2010, 06:46 PM
its tough...i think if i were to look just at the music..the mirror takes it. but its hard to keep an album in rotation..or form any strong bonds with it if there is no momentum..or energy surrounding it. meaning..the mirror was just leaked..and fans were impatient as fuck...it doesnt really bring up a lot of feel good memories. thank me later on the other hand..a lot of people were mad hyped to see how drake would do on his first album...people were interested in him as a person. that feeling is carried on to the listeners...its the same with any big artist's big albums...certain songs capture the era..the moment..and the more people that are fuckin with it...the more likely it is to have an impact on u. the mirror had fuck all impact..so it looses a bit of value there. when i put thank me later into my player..it brings back that feeling of a young hungry..talented artist the whole world was watching. when i think of the mirror..i think of failed potetial.

its why pain is love is my fav ja album...even tho strictly from a musical standpoint i'd give the edge to R.U.L.E...no matter how many times i bang R.U.L.E...itll never capture the feeling i get from pain is love.

he hit it on the head...when i put on tml i get that vibe u talkin about..i feel it the most on "show me a good time"...
and the mirror makes me sad cause of the way we received it...momentum is important and timing..and by the way,pain is love stays in rotation...i had it on today :)...memories

gwopboi7
11-02-2010, 10:17 PM
pain is love is that deal... I gotta have that where eva im at... On tha pc, tha phone, tha mp3 all that... Lol...

P.s. Some of tha best skits ever...

Flash
11-02-2010, 10:48 PM
drake cant touch ja rule...closed thread!

$tate
11-03-2010, 02:28 AM
^ before we do that

I get what you are all saying, its what people call nostalgia - the reason why people cop old shit to bring back memories. For me Find your love will in 5 years time bring back a specific time.

But The Mirror also brings the same vibes, Its all hood, Free, Style on Em, Uh Ohh. These tracks came out the end of my high school years so album or not the shit will get played. Shit doesnt always need to have "feel-good memories" , no emo though. lol

djmickeydee
11-03-2010, 03:16 AM
drake cant touch ja rule...closed thread!

Man I Undestand That Dude...And Trust...I Don't Mind This Thread Being Closed...But Understand What I'm Saying.

Drake And Ja Are Both Talented...Prolly Be The Last Time I Say This...Drake And Ja Are Both Lyrical.

What I Wanted To Get From This Thread Is...Even Tho Drake Has Put Out 1 Album And Still Have Many To Go Before Even Reaching Ja Rule Status Or Whatnot.

I Just Wanna Know If He Was/ARE/Is Lyrical As Ja??...That's It...Yes The 2 Are Tottally Diffrent People...Yes They Both Sing...Yes...They're Both Lyrical...But Album For Album...Man To Man...Can Drake Be AS Lyrical As Ja.

Now This Would've Been A No Brainer If I Said "DRAKE VS Harry-O" But I Didn't...Cause Ja And Drake Has Simularities Alike.

So Ya'll Can Close The Thread Or Whateva.

But Lyrically...Where Does Drake Stand On That Standard...Cause I'mma Tell You Guys Something.

Yes...Ja May've Put Out More Albums...But Just Like I Said Before Drake Just Gettin Started...And Maybe I Was A Lil Pre-Mature Puttin This Thread Up.

But I Just Wanted To Know..What Ya'll Thought.

NOW CLOSE THE THREAD IF NOBODY HAS ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY!

P.S.: Cause What I'm Gettin From Drake And From His Album...He Can Keep Up With Ja Far As Longivity Is Concerned...Lyrically Is Questionable..Didn't Quite Listen To Every Song On His Album

Vinnie
11-03-2010, 06:52 AM
Well i think ja proved in mpire baby that he can do atleast same than drake lol..

relentless
11-03-2010, 08:38 AM
^ before we do that

I get what you are all saying, its what people call nostalgia - the reason why people cop old shit to bring back memories. For me Find your love will in 5 years time bring back a specific time.

But The Mirror also brings the same vibes, Its all hood, Free, Style on Em, Uh Ohh. These tracks came out the end of my high school years so album or not the shit will get played. Shit doesnt always need to have "feel-good memories" , no emo though. lol

yeh it doesnt have to been feel good memories..but i can talk about thank me later with so many people...i can bring up times me and my people listened to songs off it and had good times...even if the song itself brought out a different emotion. its that cultural impact...people enjoy things more when they have other people to enjoy it with...thats a basic human condition. the mirror wasnt experienced by many people...it limits the amount of moments you can have with it. there are some great songs on there like u mentioned...its all hood and love is pain still give me goosebumps..but they dont really take me back to a certain time in my life..or moments ive had with others...its a very personal feeling from the mirror...kinda ironic given the title. guess it was meant to be

gwopboi7
11-03-2010, 10:20 AM
^^^ idk man i dont get that vibe from tml... I mean when i her shit like lil wayne 500 degrees memories come 2me i can see what i was doin n what was goin in my life at the time... Same wit pain is love and rule 3:36 when i herd put it on me i remember i was pissed cuz the remix wit lil moe wasnt on the album i got.. Lol... Now i know tml aint 2long dropped and i cant look in the future but im not seen shit from thank me later thats gone give me the same vibe as songs like... I cry, never again, or always on time... And it didnt have much of an impact on me and my people like lets say the dream albums or the carter or conffesions or ready... Im sorry drake is nice and maybe im sayin this simply cuz he only got one album and his career is full of hype but dud aint that special 2me just yet... Now i know he talented and lyrical, and i am a fan of his but ja in his prime agenst drake rite now.... Ja all day long...

We aint closin up shop just yet cuz a bitch can go back n foward about this all day...

elcuppan
11-03-2010, 12:15 PM
^^^ idk man i dont get that vibe from tml... I mean when i her shit like lil wayne 500 degrees memories come 2me i can see what i was doin n what was goin in my life at the time... Same wit pain is love and rule 3:36 when i herd put it on me i remember i was pissed cuz the remix wit lil moe wasnt on the album i got.. Lol... Now i know tml aint 2long dropped and i cant look in the future but im not seen shit from thank me later thats gone give me the same vibe as songs like... I cry, never again, or always on time... And it didnt have much of an impact on me and my people like lets say the dream albums or the carter or conffesions or ready... Im sorry drake is nice and maybe im sayin this simply cuz he only got one album and his career is full of hype but dud aint that special 2me just yet... Now i know he talented and lyrical, and i am a fan of his but ja in his prime agenst drake rite now.... Ja all day long...

We aint closin up shop just yet cuz a bitch can go back n foward about this all day...

im still young and i got ja memories for life...maybe u a bit old...but i got mad drake memories already..times with firends and stuff..rappin and singing in class..guess its whateva goin on around u

gwopboi7
11-03-2010, 08:35 PM
you rite cuz drake didnt come out til after i graduated college... And damn man why u gotta call me old... Lol... Im just 25... Lol...

But i feel u cuz me and my dog use 2talk about drake and trey and j. Cole mixtapes and shit so later on down the line when im lookin back on my school days... Drake will pop up... Lol...

relentless
11-04-2010, 02:52 AM
i guess it comes down to if your a big drake fan or not...cos if you arent..if u just think hes not bad...then u wont have that feeling im talking about. i was a fan of drake long before thank me later dropped...so far gone was the soundtrack to my life at one point...and i can name only few other albums/mixtapes that have done that.

gwopboi7
11-04-2010, 06:55 AM
see i was never really on drake like that... I started diggin drake when i was hearin him trey songz and shit... And i seen him on the bet awards and niggaz was kissin his feet like he was jay-z already. Then i jumped on so far gone and loved it... And i also love thank me later... The hype drake was gettin was good and bad. Cuz 2me it was like people was all on his dick sayin he was gone save hip hop... So i was amped 2get thank me later but at the same time i was expectin sum legendary shit, and when i didnt get well... I guess i was kinda disapointed... Ya fell what im sayin...

When vvv came out i got what i expected. When resonable doubt came out i got what i expected, same wit its dark and hell is hot... But it was so much hype and big boy talk suroundin drake that when i finnaly got a album from him it was kinda of let down... Im not sayin i dont like him or i think he so so...