PDA

View Full Version : Nelly Addresses "Washed Up" & "Career's Over" Critics

toprule
10-30-2010, 12:40 PM
http://www.sohh.com/2010/10/nelly_addresses_washed_up_careers_over_c.html

Lexx_Luciano
10-31-2010, 08:52 PM
What the fans want from Nelly is those Country Grammer / Luven Me /My Place type songs he delivered in the past. He T-Painin too much. i ain't talkin about his voice but the direction he's headed to.

k_kiss
10-31-2010, 10:56 PM
Nelly>>>ja rule tho..because atleast Nelly CAME BACK..and has a huge single that did really well on the charts..that Just a Dream song......so nelly the man for that..

O-James
11-01-2010, 05:10 AM
just a dream is the shit.

albanian murda
11-01-2010, 06:59 AM
Just a Dream my favourite song this year,Its different from whats been out 2010....Nelly trys hard to stay relevant(not like Ja)and I woudnt be suprised if his album will sell better than his last one

elcuppan
11-01-2010, 08:00 AM
free>>>>just a dream...

gwopboi7
11-01-2010, 09:33 AM
Nelly>>>ja rule tho..because atleast Nelly CAME BACK..and has a huge single that did really well on the charts..that Just a Dream song......so nelly the man for that..

nelly didnt have to come back from much but a long break... kiss... lol... cmon son... lol...

ja had 2come back from a lot more so its gone be alot harder and take a lil longer...

fyi.. i know how much u love this font... lmao...

$tate
11-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Just A Dream is a smash but that dont mean he going gold just yet. You gotta be hot not just have a smash single out. All his last singles has been sing-song shit like that shit with Tim Mcgraw and that joint with the same sample from Lloyds 'You'. Smh I cant get to the name now...

Im still mad when Motown gave this nigga 5 videos last album and dropped Ja after 2.

elcuppan
11-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Just A Dream is a smash but that dont mean he going gold just yet. You gotta be hot not just have a smash single out. All his last singles has been sing-song shit like that shit with Tim Mcgraw and that joint with the same sample from Lloyds 'You'. Smh I cant get to the name now...

Im still mad when Motown gave this nigga 5 videos last album and dropped Ja after 2.

i feel ya pain...that joint is called "n dey say"....but anyways...he had given universal allot..so i aint mad at the 5 singles for a wack album that flopped...thats life...

@gwopboi

but its still time...time heals all..

"gotti said i need about 3 years of recovery,till the worlds back to luven me"..

its a diff market...when we were younger nelly and rule were da shit...and now u got drake and weezy or whateva...them people that bought nelly albums could well b married and have kids by now..time flies..it still hard to come back once u been away in any situation...if anything ja should b more motivated to come back hard..no homo...
cause we all know he still puts it down musically...whereas nelly's last comeback was a joke ,that brass knuckles album was ass..and he needed to steal ashanti's single to even get a buzz

gwopboi7
11-01-2010, 03:34 PM
@elcuppan yeah u rite about that time is time... And ja 4sho need 2stop fuckin playin...

Ja remind me of a dude i grew up wit... This cat wanted 2make it big so bad... He had a bunch of ideas and they was good ones... But he had so many he cudnt focus on gettin em done... And i use 2tell him all the time bruh just take one idea and run wit it... Then wit that get off the ground... Then move on to the next one...

Thats what i think ja is doin... So many ideas and projects when he just needs 2focus on one thing at a time...

What you think elcuppan?

elcuppan
11-01-2010, 05:59 PM
@elcuppan yeah u rite about that time is time... And ja 4sho need 2stop fuckin playin...

Ja remind me of a dude i grew up wit... This cat wanted 2make it big so bad... He had a bunch of ideas and they was good ones... But he had so many he cudnt focus on gettin em done... And i use 2tell him all the time bruh just take one idea and run wit it... Then wit that get off the ground... Then move on to the next one...

Thats what i think ja is doin... So many ideas and projects when he just needs 2focus on one thing at a time...

What you think elcuppan?

rule is just unorganized...he needs a major label on his ass demanding an album and setting up dates for promo etc...he lazy as fuck..and all of mpire are lyk that too..lazy bastards...thats the flaw of being on an indie label-u gotta work twice as hard to reap the benefits,this ja rule nigga has no motivation or direction..sad

toprule
11-01-2010, 06:06 PM
^^why yall say hes lazy.....i really think he cant find the inspiration for a BANGER.....he has dropped many tracks but all didnt work (pushin it,hollywood,do i,man down,the life)....he still needs that ALWAYS ON TIME type of shit....so dont expect an album till he finds one!

elcuppan
11-01-2010, 06:07 PM
^^why yall say hes lazy.....i really think he cant find the inspiration for a BANGER.....he has dropped many tracks but all didnt work (pushin it,hollywood,do i,man down,the life)....he still needs that ALWAYS ON TIME type of shit....so dont expect an album till he finds one!

it honestly has nothing to do with music if u ask me...its work ethic & drive...

toprule
11-01-2010, 06:12 PM
^^nowdays people dont ask for music to listen everyday....they are demandin song to go to work and another to get back home...even songs now get borring quickly....i still can listen to "story to tell" or "picture me rollin" everyday but i cant stand listenin to "free mansion" or "if it aint about money" for exemple.......if u want to listen to music u have stevie wonder lol

elcuppan
11-01-2010, 06:16 PM
^^nowdays people dont ask for music to listen everyday....they are demandin song to go to work and another to get back home...even songs now get borring quickly....i still can listen to "story to tell" or "picture me rollin" everyday but i cant stand listenin to "free mansion" or "if it aint about money" for exemple.......if u want to listen to music u have stevie wonder lol

yea..ja's golden years are behind him...i dont lyk free mason..i skip it...
its because niggaz aint really sellin music these days...so the people are lyk djs,they make all their listnin decisions...

toprule
11-01-2010, 06:22 PM
^^internet ruined music....i mean when niggaz were doin big numbers....music quality was good and videos were great...just a few minutes ago i was watchin "just a dream" off nelly and i was like (this cant be a 2010s vid!!!! "dilemna" in 2000 was much better!!!)

good night!

gwopboi7
11-01-2010, 08:31 PM

im not sayin he's lazy like my hommie did but... but i will agree wit him on 1point say he's unorganized...

2) likehe said on a indie lable u gotta work twice as hard... and i think wit t.v. shows, movies, other artist, and the shit he act like he tryin 2keep secret he cant balance it all on his own...

so he needs 2just focus on one thing... attack it till it blows up then move 2tha next project...

b4 murder inc blew he wasnt workin on movies, and liqur, and t.v. shows... it was str8 music... and look what happened he became the biggest shit 2ever hit hip hop... he just need better focus...

toprule
11-02-2010, 04:16 PM
^^i disagree with u homie!! just imagine ja workin hard for an album and put all his money and time on it then when its dropped it goes 50K to 100K....and has no other thangs to do like actin.....then what?! he ends up watchin whos niggaz his daughter is seein!!

but i tottaly agree on the point he isnt orginazed and doesnt know what he needs or what hes goin to do!!
and indie isnt a lable helpin creativity and hardwork lol

gwopboi7
11-02-2010, 10:05 PM
im sayin i feel u bruh... But like people been sayin u may sell less indie but u make more bread so if he dont go plat... Just gold im not sure about 50 or 100 k ccuz even tho rule aint been around in awhile even he dropped wit out videos and shit he can go tha twitter, ustream, facebook rout and at least go gold... Lol..

We can play the pay it foward game we all get 3friends 2buy tha album and then they get 3friends 2buy the album... Lol...

toprule
11-03-2010, 04:26 PM
^^lol
30 active members on MIO and they have like 300 friends thats give ja 330 copies sold lol

gwopboi7
11-03-2010, 08:39 PM
nah u doin it wrong bruh, lol.. We got 30 members eac wit 3friends so thats 30 * 3 = 90 so them 90 ask 3 friends each so thats 90 * 3 = 270 and so on and so on... Man we can take over the world... Lmao...