PDA

View Full Version : For those thinking im smokin that good good

relentless
09-14-2010, 05:32 AM
Let me break it down for you...Rule and H-O are about on par lyrically most of time...but when Harry decides to turn the heat up..Rule isnt really seein him. now if we are talkin flow, mic presence..energy etc...all of that rule wins hands down. but if you know what a true lyrical rapper is, u know that h-o>>>rule. just like when people say big>>>pac lyrically...its not to say big had better lyrics (meaning better messages, speakin on realer shit)..it meant he was nicer with the words. he used words in a way that isnt the norm. having a bigger vocabulary puts u at a great advantage as well when we're talking lyrical ability.

i'll use an example when i was speaking with harry o last year. in the song 'the warning' off biggies ready to die album...theres a line that goes a little somethin like this.

'and I feed em gun powder, so they can devour,
the criminals tryin to drop my decimals"

now we talked about how there are rappers who say things..just so that they can make the point..then there are rappers who say things to make a point..but in a way other people wouldnt have thought to say it. really..any other rapper woulda probably said...'the criminals trying to take my paper/money/rob me....etc etc. who woulda thought to say 'drop my decimals' (meaning the decimal point in a number) to describe money being taken from him?

harry o is skilled in a similar thing... saying ja is more like pac and h-o is more like big is actually not a bad comparison when describing their styles (not talking about what they have achieved).

now lets look at the song 'miss me' by ja rule and harry o. IMO harry completely outshines rule on this song..lyrically

"you wanna make up just to break up, just to lay up in the sauna
sit inside the sofa off the coast of california
somethin about my aroma got em foldin like its poker
cos i told her once i stroke, i pok(e)(h)er and roll over...
chicks thats feisty they entice me and excite me
but im likely to be landin while im tannin in the sand and,
a month inside my plannin im expandin murder mansion
you can try your hand at young man in the sedan
but this a one night stand, go back to your man."

just from that verse i can tell harry matches his words almost perfectly right down to the syllable..his rhyme scheme from a technical standpoint is better than rules. dunno how strong any of u are with the english language on a technical level..but harry also uses alliteration a lot..meaning words that follow each other that start with the same letter. doesnt sound like much..but it plays a big part in how catchy and memorable a line is.

again on pimp..harry o outshines rule

"with no explanation niggas know my destination
the paper that im makin got me amongst the constellations
no conversations, dining with no reservations
man im sittin contemplating tryna crack the combination"

like biggie..who woulda thunk to say amongst the constellations? most woulda just said 'with the stars'...or some shit like that lol. the fact that harry fits it in perfectly with the word it rhymes with from the previous line, right down to the syllable..makes it all the more effective.

h-o been doin this since 'soon you'll understand'...even on his new mixtape which so many of yall were quick to hate on..hes still doin his thing. listen to the verses on passport gang (not a great song..but the verses are tuff). i dont know why merces mixtape received so much more love when it had probably more old tracks than h-o's..and his lyrics are ass in comparison too. the production carried that mxtape. this is why i think most people on MIO have a very limited taste palette when it comes to hip hop, a lot of yall dont even really know what a lyrical rapper is cos yall be bumpin rick ross, fat joe, young jeezy and these people lol...but whateva..i could be wrong. i still think h-o goes wayyy over yall heads at times. any money if rule was to rap one of h-o's verses, MIO would be like OMG..ruled killed that shit! lol...so maybe its his voice/delivery that isnt working for u...i really dont know.

hopefully youve got a better understanding now of why i think h-o>>>rule lyrically.

k_kiss
09-14-2010, 05:47 AM
those 2 songs were just a case of rule being lazy.

If you tell ja, Destroy h-o lyrically, he would demolish him. In order to be better than someone lyrically u gotta be better on a constant basis. Kuz if that was the case, Ja rule>>>>Eminem lyrically, and Ja rule>>>Jayz lyrically. Because i can name some songs where ja says some shit thats pretty wow. But he doesnt do it all the time

Ill give h-o his props wen he starts to put his 'talent'to good use. Other than that....H-O get nothing for free from me. Not even a compliment l0l

#PassPortGang

relentless
09-14-2010, 05:53 AM
tru..but i can bring more examples if i need to. when rule turns the heat up he can destroy h-o i agree..and vise versa...but how often does rule do it? once in a blue moon..that nigga will go in the booth and really shock us (eg: baby), but harry o goes in on most of his verses that arent chick related. consistency wise..i'd give it to h-o. half the time rule is talkin about how his roof cut off..and niggas and bitches hustlin gettin money lol.

brandondizzle
09-14-2010, 06:04 AM
harry-o is NOWHERE near fuckin with ja with lyrics...harry-o got bubble gum rhymes...and he dont know how to use his phrases correctly. dont sleep on ja's lyrics...ya'll should know that more than anyone else

brandondizzle
09-14-2010, 06:16 AM
oh, and how come you aint mention tracks like this

boy looka here remix

one blood remix

murder reigns

suicide freestyle

the crown

exodus (intro)

holla holla

clap back

new york

i mean, do i need to continue. ja will completly demolish harry 0. ask me and i'll say harry o aint fuckin with merc. cuz he aint

another thing. on top of being good lyrcially, ja rule tells a story in his rhymes. somtimes he aint always gonna be able to put a phrase together like hanna bananna. listen to harry o rap. what is he talkin about?! completely nothing at all. he's just rappin cuz he's a rapper. but evens so, if we just talkin lyrics...harry o better go sit in the corner

M.A KINGDOM
09-14-2010, 06:41 AM
oh, and how come you aint mention tracks like this

boy looka here remix

one blood remix

murder reigns

suicide freestyle

the crown

exodus (intro)

holla holla

clap back

new york

i mean, do i need to continue. ja will completly demolish harry 0. ask me and i'll say harry o aint fuckin with merc. cuz he aint

another thing. on top of being good lyrcially, ja rule tells a story in his rhymes. somtimes he aint always gonna be able to put a phrase together like hanna bananna. listen to harry o rap. what is he talkin about?! completely nothing at all. he's just rappin cuz he's a rapper. but evens so, if we just talkin lyrics...harry o better go sit in the corner

LOL b dizzle goin in but like kiss sed you picking 2 songs where ja was being lazy i just think h.o aint on rules level if they were both going at each other i think rule would come out on top lyrically

Westside
09-14-2010, 07:07 AM
The H-O u talk about Relent he's game over, that soon yall understand sound is over.

$tate
09-14-2010, 07:17 AM
I cant agree with u there. To me H.O can say some slick shit but then again anybody who has any sort of vocab can, if it was their job to write shit down. But Id tell u most people could never say the shit Ja says, thats that gifted/talent shit.

http://www.murderinc-online.com/usforum/showthread.php?t=36836&page=3

That thread >>> H.O.

M.A KINGDOM
09-14-2010, 07:43 AM
I cant agree with u there. To me H.O can say some slick shit but then again anybody who has any sort of vocab can, if it was their job to write shit down. But Id tell u most people could never say the shit Ja says, thats that gifted/talent shit.

http://www.murderinc-online.com/usforum/showthread.php?t=36836&page=3

That thread >>> H.O.

haha props this ^

relentless
09-14-2010, 08:49 AM
The H-O u talk about Relent he's game over, that soon yall understand sound is over.

i can argue the same for ja rule. the lyrical ja you know of..is over. current ja is not fuckin with h-o lyrically. its easy to bring up his best tracks from his albums and say ja rule>>>harry o. but on all the tracks theyve been on together..rule has hardly ever out shined h-o. and how can u say that harry o is over? listen to his verses on passport gang..take it off had some dope shit, as does pimp and damn near most of the joints on sounds of uptown. yall just mad @ him doin remixes lol.

@bdizzle...the fact that u just said h-o got bubble gum rhymes and that youd take merc over him lyrically tells me u dont even know what a lyrical rapper is. merc is basic as fuck lyrically...i could write some shit in 5 mins that is wayyy more lyrical than anything merc has ever done lol. harry is a very very good rapper when he wants to be. you say he isnt saying anything, but i understand what he says perfectly..he just says it in a slick way. if harry o dumbed his shit down..then youd be like 'ok i hear u now'. just cos dude isnt straight to the point basic doesnt mean he isnt saying anything. and you talk about story telling..that has NOTHING do with being lyrical..that is an entirely different skill all together. and in order to tell stories, u have to have an appropriate subject/record to do that on. what record has harry o really had a chance to do that on? most of his stuff is guest verses on tracks just braggin about money and bitches. if you go back to 'soon youll understand' you will find stuff. shit even 'tonight' has a bit of narrative to it. give me your definition of a lyrical rapper? cos u might be thinking of something completely different to me.

an example of rule bein lyrical is on the rain on me remix. that whole 'flash back on bitches tell em chivalry died, keep em shiverin one shot to the liver we sendin em to the ER emergency ICU surgery"..is an example of lyrical ability...notice the amount of s and sh/ch sounding words he uses...he puts the words together in a way that sounds cool. eminem is great at doing this. as is canibus. but truth of the matter is...rule doesnt do this very often. especially not now. harry o does, and thats why i say hes more lyrical right now.

just letting you know, theres a difference between having great lyrics and being lyrically intricate, dont get the two confused. ja rule has a lot of great lyrics (eg: rock star, murder reigns)..but he is hardly ever lyrically intricate. harry o is, more often than not.

k_kiss
09-14-2010, 11:45 AM
i ono.........80% of the tracks he does are chick tracks...and the lyrical tracks that are on his new mixtape...are 2 years old....yea he has nice wordplay...but h-o aint that witty at all....Caddilac Tah is a better Lyricist than H-O. that Soldiers Story mixtape better than anything h-o has ever done. Including his first tape. I believe black child better than h-o too. When h-o was hungry back in the day. He was good.....But he hasnt done anything in years thats worthy of him being called Lyrical. If the remixes he does are considered that, then there are 2.5 million other rappers that do the same thing/say the same things h-o does.

Only way h-o can seperate himself is if he makes all around better music...Kuz saying stuff like " Im hardly in Ed-Hardy...Thats Probly on my Bitch"....aint gonna cut it

elcuppan
09-14-2010, 12:40 PM
I Cant get my head round the fact that relent compared h-o to b.i.g... lmao
u gonna compare the greatest of all time imo..to the cornball that is harry-o..

i see what u pointed out...fair enuff...he has some ability..maybe he raps then looks for a thesaurus to switch his shit up lol ...

just because he can put words together well..and says constellation instead os star....doesnt mean that his mixtape is in anyway enjoyable to listen to..
i hear u out on all that u said...but really..on the 100% real....the first time u hear something its about what u hear..and what im hearin is corny..its about sound..after multiple listens u begin to respect and enjoy the rappers "skills" .. i dont care about what harry -o is saying...what separates the best rappers from the rest is how they say things...and i know u pointed out harrys varied vocab but when i say how they say it...i mean HOW THEY SAY IT....their voice..their swagger so to speak..the way in which they say it..the words they put emphasis on ...and when i listen to harry's music i do not feel that..i dont enjoy it...and no - i dont rewind or pull it back too see his lyrical genius because the chances are i wont listen to a h-o song more than once...because im just not feelin it..i cant explain it..
i feel as if theres no heart behind his music...its false...theres plenty dictionary rappers out there to savour....allot of them better than harry -o ...
and i dont think ja can b compared to him either,.,,im sure rule was lazy on those tracks..and at worst - wanted harry to sound good...so took his foot off the gas a bit...i mean..this guy is introducing his "mpire"..he doesnt want people to hear him murdering his crew on every track...he wants them to have a shot...for every bright thing harry says..he has a corny,stupid,wack line to match it....i actually enjoy black childs music more than this dude....and when u spoke on what b=dizzle was saying-i can understand what u saying but u cant judge someones perception of music lyk that...everyone sees/hears it differently...sometimes its not all about ur sentence structure or alliteration...maybe harry should write poems so people could appreciate that stuff - i dunno if many would read it tho...i dont wanna b bored listening to music...and its not lyk he is even droppin knowledge...cause if we talkin bout lyrics i fucks with everything from soulja boy to nas.... its about how it sounds first and foremost..and right about now...harry's music just dont sound right

Propz
09-14-2010, 02:29 PM
None of them are that lyrical when i hear lyrical i dont see flow or how a persons voice sounds ion a beat i listen for metaphors, punchlines, multis, words bigger than 3 syllables

idk what song it is on h-o's mixtape maybe pimp but dude says bitch in everyline almost thats not lyrical nor is it talent i garentee i could out rap them lyrically but that doesnt mean they cant make good music flow wise

janar707
09-14-2010, 03:07 PM
flow is everything nowadays.
you dont hear B.I.G style stuff on the tv anymore. background music and a rapper that brings his lines, pauses when ever he wants, not really fucking with the music. though, i don't really know why Jay-z still out there.

lyrically, rule is amazing BUT...his fucking lazy these past few years. maybe it's because he pushing more to the party tracks that hip-hop stuff? who knows..

jjr
09-14-2010, 03:39 PM
to me ja hasnt put up his best shit ever. if ja wants to he can compete hard wit jay, em drake n wayne easy but he chose to play the back for sum reason

laf13
09-14-2010, 03:42 PM
ja will eat h.o but h.o got word play. i give him that. not on jas level tho. but another example of h.o outshining rule would be on hook it up with kelz, h.o killed that first verse. who agree?

elcuppan
09-14-2010, 05:50 PM
Biggie was illl tho....ultimate mc...production was right...flow was correct...he had a mad way with words...slickk as hell...and lyrical

MB Rule
09-14-2010, 07:13 PM
to me ja hasnt put up his best shit ever. if ja wants to he can compete hard wit jay, em drake n wayne easy but he chose to play the back for sum reason

Wayne is not a lyricist.

Ja Rule is not an amazing lyricist. Ja Rule is an artist, he got some great lines at times but nothing that wows you all the time or pushes the bars.

Lyricists are guys like Canibus, Eminem, Jay-Z, Immortal Technique, Inspectah Deck, GZA, Planet Asia, Ras Kass, AZ etc...

Dont get me wrong Im one of the biggest Ja fans but to say he is one of the top lyricists is wrong, he is definetly one of the most all around talented artists the game has, because he can do it all, he can spit and does have lyrics to a point that is above the average artist which is what separates him from most mainstream artists.

Moist Murderer
09-14-2010, 10:01 PM
when H-O brought out his first tape i gave it a few listens but didnt stick wit it 2 long. Newz had his first tape around da same time and dat didnt leave my changer for months. Now, it was a mix of both lovin Newz shit and not bein wild bout H-O's. im not sure wat it was. i loved Newz sound, lyrics, delivery and everythin and H-O just wasnt doin it for me. i think i gotta check his stuff again to c can i get wat relent is talkin about. is there a link for his new tape on da main site? i never got it

Capo Di Tutti
09-14-2010, 10:43 PM
flow is everything nowadays.
you dont hear B.I.G style stuff on the tv anymore. background music and a rapper that brings his lines, pauses when ever he wants, not really fucking with the music. though, i don't really know why Jay-z still out there.

lyrically, rule is amazing BUT...his fucking lazy these past few years. maybe it's because he pushing more to the party tracks that hip-hop stuff? who knows..

did you just say B.I.G cant flow damn WTF have you been listening to?

now back to the topic man H.O is so soft these days it doesnt sound like he's hungry i havent heard him kill a track for a while so lyrical yeah could of been should of been but guess what, he isnt right now....

#TruStory

#TheEnd

Murderinc313
09-14-2010, 11:21 PM
i kno this much i listened to merc montanah mixtape waay more than H-O.....H-O vs rule....stop playin.... H-O has talent but dnt go 2 far wit it

Propz
09-15-2010, 12:00 AM
Caddy >>> everyone

Capo Di Tutti
09-15-2010, 12:36 AM
^^^
i really gotta listen to caddy's shit because i dont see it...

Propz
09-15-2010, 02:56 AM
Here are some songs if you dont already know

Don't mess with the radio
You Lose
Paper Chaser
O.G. Remix
So Cold

Theres more but listen to those for now if you can find them

relentless
09-15-2010, 04:34 AM
I Cant get my head round the fact that relent compared h-o to b.i.g... lmao
u gonna compare the greatest of all time imo..to the cornball that is harry-o..

i see what u pointed out...fair enuff...he has some ability..maybe he raps then looks for a thesaurus to switch his shit up lol ...

just because he can put words together well..and says constellation instead os star....doesnt mean that his mixtape is in anyway enjoyable to listen to..
i hear u out on all that u said...but really..on the 100% real....the first time u hear something its about what u hear..and what im hearin is corny..its about sound..after multiple listens u begin to respect and enjoy the rappers "skills" .. i dont care about what harry -o is saying...what separates the best rappers from the rest is how they say things...and i know u pointed out harrys varied vocab but when i say how they say it...i mean HOW THEY SAY IT....their voice..their swagger so to speak..the way in which they say it..the words they put emphasis on ...and when i listen to harry's music i do not feel that..i dont enjoy it...and no - i dont rewind or pull it back too see his lyrical genius because the chances are i wont listen to a h-o song more than once...because im just not feelin it..i cant explain it..
i feel as if theres no heart behind his music...its false...theres plenty dictionary rappers out there to savour....allot of them better than harry -o ...
and i dont think ja can b compared to him either,.,,im sure rule was lazy on those tracks..and at worst - wanted harry to sound good...so took his foot off the gas a bit...i mean..this guy is introducing his "mpire"..he doesnt want people to hear him murdering his crew on every track...he wants them to have a shot...for every bright thing harry says..he has a corny,stupid,wack line to match it....i actually enjoy black childs music more than this dude....and when u spoke on what b=dizzle was saying-i can understand what u saying but u cant judge someones perception of music lyk that...everyone sees/hears it differently...sometimes its not all about ur sentence structure or alliteration...maybe harry should write poems so people could appreciate that stuff - i dunno if many would read it tho...i dont wanna b bored listening to music...and its not lyk he is even droppin knowledge...cause if we talkin bout lyrics i fucks with everything from soulja boy to nas.... its about how it sounds first and foremost..and right about now...harry's music just dont sound right

thats great man, but most of what u said has nothing to do with the point im making. i said in my first post..all other aspects of MCing like flow, vocal presence, story telling etc are excluded...im not talking about any of that stuff. i dont care if u like lil boosie or whoeva more than h-o cos u think h-o's voice is boring etc etc. im not talking about whos music sounds better, cos thats subjective. im talking about being strictly lyrical, nothing else. and thats the comparison i made to big (btw he is nowhere near as good as biggie is..im just trying to make an example), and thats why i say h-o>>rule, and thats why i said if rule rapped one of harrys verses yall would like it more..cos rule is better in almost every other aspect of MCing...no way in hell h-o>>>rule and big as an actual rapper/artist..hes not even close.

MB rule's post is spot on. Ja is not a lyricist...a lyricist is someone like big pun.

whoeva said caddy is better than h-o..u could make an argument there..caddy is pretty good too.

so many people getting there knickers in a knot..thinking im saying h-o>>>ja rule in general lol. im isolating one small aspect of their abilities..calm down everyone.

brandondizzle
09-15-2010, 04:47 AM
lyrical, ja will crush h o

like i said, he's a bubblelicous rapper

relentless
09-15-2010, 04:52 AM
^explain..i can come out and make crazy statements like that as well. like nas doesnt know how to rhyme..hes a popcicle rapper. give me your definition on what a lyrical rapper is.

M.A KINGDOM
09-15-2010, 06:50 AM

haha a bubblelicous rapper dont go to hard on h.o people he still is in m pire everyone going on like we hate him like hes 5.0 haha

Capo Di Tutti
09-15-2010, 07:12 AM

LOL oh no he didnt, LOL @ bubblelicous ahh classic :eazy::eazy:

$tate
09-15-2010, 07:28 AM
Ok, We know Ja is not a certified lyrical rapper. He is classified more as a gangsta rapper than a conscious rapper - though he does have elements of both. He also uses a ridiculous amount of profanity. Ja can be very deep and inspiring in his lyrics which I think stems more from a source other than his lyrical ability.

Relent, you saying that H.O. is more lyrical than Ja, which in other words you are saying he uses a larger selection of words. I could agree with that but I couldnt give a fuck cause give me 7-8 years in the crackhouse with a thesaurus and I put money I will be more lyrical than Ja which at the end of the day doesnt mean shit... cause im just not on that level and im bubblelicous :laugh: haha

In other words, yeah perhaps he is more lyrical but it doesnt matter... its not a huge feat

relentless
09-15-2010, 11:34 AM
^yeah by no means am i saying its huge feat. but im not just talking about using bigger words..im also talkin about how he puts em together....his matching syllables perfectly..and his overall word selection to describe things. there are certain things h-o says..that u couldnt get just from using a thesaurus. and im not even tryna say harry o is an amazing lyricist..cos he isnt..but i do think hes well above average and not many of yall see it, or give him props for it...yall just continue to bash him like its a cool thing to do.. thats why i made the thread. but smh @ me trying to argue with people who think ja rule is a lyricist...

laf13
09-15-2010, 01:10 PM
Wayne is not a lyricist.

Ja Rule is not an amazing lyricist. Ja Rule is an artist, he got some great lines at times but nothing that wows you all the time or pushes the bars.

Lyricists are guys like Canibus, Eminem, Jay-Z, Immortal Technique, Inspectah Deck, GZA, Planet Asia, Ras Kass, AZ etc...

Dont get me wrong Im one of the biggest Ja fans but to say he is one of the top lyricists is wrong, he is definetly one of the most all around talented artists the game has, because he can do it all, he can spit and does have lyrics to a point that is above the average artist which is what separates him from most mainstream artists.

ya no1 fucks with az

elcuppan
09-15-2010, 04:30 PM
thats great man, but most of what u said has nothing to do with the point im making. i said in my first post..all other aspects of MCing like flow, vocal presence, story telling etc are excluded...im not talking about any of that stuff. i dont care if u like lil boosie or whoeva more than h-o cos u think h-o's voice is boring etc etc. im not talking about whos music sounds better, cos thats subjective. im talking about being strictly lyrical, nothing else. and thats the comparison i made to big (btw he is nowhere near as good as biggie is..im just trying to make an example), and thats why i say h-o>>rule, and thats why i said if rule rapped one of harrys verses yall would like it more..cos rule is better in almost every other aspect of MCing...no way in hell h-o>>>rule and big as an actual rapper/artist..hes not even close.

MB rule's post is spot on. Ja is not a lyricist...a lyricist is someone like big pun.

whoeva said caddy is better than h-o..u could make an argument there..caddy is pretty good too.

so many people getting there knickers in a knot..thinking im saying h-o>>>ja rule in general lol. im isolating one small aspect of their abilities..calm down everyone.

i yea word no doubt...u said that...but i get the feelin that u made this thread to defend harry over the hate he has been gettin recently...so i just wanted to explain y i dont like him exactly..
he can be lyrical all he wants but that wont make me lyk him anymore - cant explain that..but thats what im saying....so pointing out the things he said doesnt shock me..good for him..but we can all agree that rule can do it when he wants to..and he hardly ever does..so we cant really say h-o>> rule when rule is not trying..

lol at lil boosie

#Bubblelicous

brandondizzle
09-16-2010, 01:34 AM
^explain..i can come out and make crazy statements like that as well. like nas doesnt know how to rhyme..hes a popcicle rapper. give me your definition on what a lyrical rapper is.

my definition on a lyrical rapper is using lyrical rhyme schemes that make sence. harry 0 just say words that rhyme and you could bend the meaning a lil bit to make sence. he's just a bubble gum rapper. his lyrics or just so dumb and simple. i WOULD give him credit if he knew how to phrase is words better and put them in the right spot to have bigger impact on what he's saying. u feel what im sayin?

if u just want to count lyrics alone. then anyone has lyrics as long as words are coming out of ur mouth. u dont just judge 2 rappers bye words alone. its not the words alone that make a rapper good. its how they use the words.
it's easy to say "bum bum diddy ridin down in the city". anyone can be bubble gum. but make sence out of it then we can start the competition. harry o just more consist at havin rhymes more often then others

relentless
09-16-2010, 09:44 AM
my definition on a lyrical rapper is using lyrical rhyme schemes that make sence. harry 0 just say words that rhyme and you could bend the meaning a lil bit to make sence. he's just a bubble gum rapper. his lyrics or just so dumb and simple. i WOULD give him credit if he knew how to phrase is words better and put them in the right spot to have bigger impact on what he's saying. u feel what im sayin?

if u just want to count lyrics alone. then anyone has lyrics as long as words are coming out of ur mouth. u dont just judge 2 rappers bye words alone. its not the words alone that make a rapper good. its how they use the words.
it's easy to say "bum bum diddy ridin down in the city". anyone can be bubble gum. but make sence out of it then we can start the competition. harry o just more consist at havin rhymes more often then others

:laugh: thats not what a lyrical rapper is. young jeezy makes perfect sense..he is a far cry from being lyrical tho. if you cant make sense of it..thats not harry o's fault..thats yours. cos i can understand him perfectly. matter fact..post any lines that u feel are too nonsensical here, and i'll translate for u lol.

btw im not saying being lyrical makes u a good rapper...there are plenty of lyrical rappers which i dont really fuck with. im just saying give credit where credit is due. yall gotta remember im on a positive trip right now, im looking for the good in everything...hate is for suckas. i made this thread to highlight harrys strong points (throwing rule in there just made yall sit up in your chairs a bit more)..but once again MIOs doom and gloom never fails. its all good tho...another platinum thread certified.

elcuppan
09-16-2010, 01:24 PM
:laugh: thats not what a lyrical rapper is. young jeezy makes perfect sense..he is a far cry from being lyrical tho. if you cant make sense of it..thats not harry o's fault..thats yours. cos i can understand him perfectly. matter fact..post any lines that u feel are too nonsensical here, and i'll translate for u lol.

btw im not saying being lyrical makes u a good rapper...there are plenty of lyrical rappers which i dont really fuck with. im just saying give credit where credit is due. yall gotta remember im on a positive trip right now, im looking for the good in everything...hate is for suckas. i made this thread to highlight harrys strong points (throwing rule in there just made yall sit up in your chairs a bit more)..but once again MIOs doom and gloom never fails. its all good tho...another platinum thread certified.

u need 6 pages + for shit to b platinum...:P

relentless
09-17-2010, 03:36 AM
^since when? lol. didnt know there was a rule book to this shit

Propz
09-18-2010, 03:00 AM
Lyrical Rappers

Mainstream

Caddy
Lloyd Banks
Nas
Biggie
VVV/Rule 3:36 Ja rule
Canibus
DNA
Eminem
Jadakiss

Underground

Necro
Vinnie Paz
Celph Titled
Diabolic
Rhyme Asylum
Apathy
Busdriver
Atmosphere
Aesop Rock
Brother Ali
Me

Must i keep going look up Army Of The Paroahs - Seven

Mainstream sucks

O-James
09-18-2010, 04:15 AM
Nas!!!

elcuppan
09-18-2010, 08:41 AM
nasier jones!

Eimz_T
09-18-2010, 09:41 AM
Ok I'm hearing everything your saying. I agree that H.O is very good lyrically, he's an intelligent dude. But on the other hand I think that your giving him a little too much credit.

So what if he said consellation instead of stars? All that tells me is that he's not a moron and has a reasonable grasp of the english language, its not exactly pulitzer level vocabulary. Is it so unreseaonable to expect a rapper - somebody who makes a living off writing and wordplay - to have a decent vocabulary? That doesn't put HO at a tier above the rest, its meeting the basic requirements - that being said there are dumbshit rappers who have no grasp of vocab and that's just inexcusable in mo opinion.

I know that sounds like I was being very hard on HO but for the most part I agree. He has lyrical prowess and I'd love to hear him use it more. Hence why I personally was so annoyed with the "sound of uptown" mixtape. "Soon you'll understand" was AMAZING in my opinion - for a first timer mixtape it was so versatile, well put together musically and yes, lyrically deep and enjoyable. Sound of uptown was unfortunately none of those things, with the exception of one or 2 tracks

I'm not gonna bash HO for doing chick songs, more power to him. Rule did the same and look at him, we all love him. I just think HO has more potential than what was presented in that mixtape, I'm hard on him because I'm a big fan of his and expect alot from him.

Is HO lyrically better than rule tho.......... in a word. No. I personally think that rule is one of the most lyrically underrated rappers and deserves more credit. HO is good lyrically, but lets give him more of a chance to prove himself before making that comparison.

And yes HO makes sense. no need to be condescending about it tho........... :P

relentless
09-18-2010, 09:49 AM
and Eimz emerges from the darkness...lol. good post.

Eimz_T
09-18-2010, 09:51 AM
I told u, no wireless in my new house! be sorted soon tho ;)

djmickeydee
09-19-2010, 06:33 PM
^^ I've Been Puttin This Off For Weeks...I Don't Know Her...But Why Do I Have A Feeling That Emiz Have A Phat Azz Booty...lol

btw...Agree'd With Everything You Said...H.O. Do Got Potential To Be A Star Playa..But For Right Now...He Just Need To Get Out There And Do/Get More Stuff Done

Capo Di Tutti
09-19-2010, 08:22 PM
^^^^
LMAO, maaan eimz is a down ass chiik believe that ;)

relentless
09-20-2010, 08:23 AM
lol...u guys are lucky she has limited internet connection at the moment.

brandondizzle
09-20-2010, 08:29 AM

yeah, ur perfectly right. if you re-read my post, you will have read and made big that ANYBODY WHO SAYS WORDS ARE LYRICAL which has you proving my point when u said that jeezy was lyrical. he falls under the list of "anybody"...its about who say it the right way and who makes it hit harder. harry o is not that great, and definately NOWHERE NEAR as good as your makin him sound (like eimz said). harry o raps he aint sayin nothing. what kind of lyrical [point is he tryin to make? that he knows words and can pick out a bunch of words that rhyme? He's only looking to rhyme. greats tell a story first and then piece the rhymes together, which might knock them down on the "best" lyricist list. But even the best ones can make better sence than harry o

relentless
09-20-2010, 08:36 AM
um....no. anybody who says words is not lyrical. lyrical is not the same as having lyrics. i never said jeezy was lyrical. lol..re-read my post. u can have a verse with no real subject matter and still not be lyrical. 50 and game do it a lot lol. u dont have to tell a story to be lyrical either.

read these big pun lines

"Dead in the middle of Little Italy little did we know
that we riddled some middleman who didn't do diddily"

that is lyrcism. now...you're probably gonna tell me its bubbleicious and that he isnt saying shit..hes just saying words that rhyme. well if u think that..let me simplify it. they were right in the heart of this place called little italy (in ny), where they shot some dudes who likely stepped to them, but didnt do nothin.

like i said man...give me a harry o verse u dont think makes sense..or u think he isnt saying anything...and ill break it down for u.

brandondizzle
09-20-2010, 08:42 AM
i'm not saying he doesn't make sence, i'm just saying that the phrasing of his words just aint there man...i've never hear no one on her (except you) sit there and say that harry o was lyrical...lol, i mean honestly, if he was that lyrical he would have a buzz...THATS just my opinion. even lyrical underground cats have a minor buz. cats on MIO are barely looking for harryo...

relentless
09-20-2010, 08:49 AM
whether harry o has a buzz or not is completely irrelevant man...it doesnt take away from him being lyrical. thats beside the point...and like i said..i dont think harry o is an amazing lyricist..but he is better than average and better than 90 percent of the people on radio right now. most people on mio dont listen to lyrical rappers, or at least dont value lyricism that highly...u can tell by how much love merc is getting. dude is not lyrical in the slightest...most people on here just want a good flow over a good beat with a catchy hook..or they just want some street shit.

now back to the topic at hand...u still havnt given me any examples of harry o 'phrasing' shit poorly...its kinda hard for me to take your argument seriously unless u can back it up with some examples.

brandondizzle
09-20-2010, 05:53 PM
^^^i will say this...i just gave harry 0 a chance. i downloaded his mixtape and everything. and i honestly dont see how u think he's so nice lyrics wise. i'm the last person u need to say dont listen to lyricist. and ur the last to say that u do if u keep backin up harry o of all people

no one on this site is claiming merc to be a rediculous lyricist. we say he's a good artst, and far much more potential than harry o...and i dont listen to harry o enough to sit here and star spatin out rhymes that i dont like. and who isn't better than rappers out these days lol. harry o is head and shoulders above most the stuff on the radio., but in my book that still doesn't make him that great

k_kiss
09-20-2010, 06:10 PM
^^^i will say this...i just gave harry 0 a chance. i downloaded his mixtape and everything. and i honestly dont see how u think he's so nice lyrics wise. i'm the last person u need to say dont listen to lyricist. and ur the last to say that u do if u keep backin up harry o of all people

no one on this site is claiming merc to be a rediculous lyricist. we say he's a good artst, and far much more potential than harry o...and i dont listen to harry o enough to sit here and star spatin out rhymes that i dont like. and who isn't better than rappers out these days lol. harry o is head and shoulders above most the stuff on the radio., but in my book that still doesn't make him that great

Harry o used to be good

He got big headed...Lost his energy...Lost his passion..and now hes garbage.

Can he snap out of it?..Yes....Will he?...who knows....Does he even recognize that he fell off?...no because he has fans in brazil and overseas and has bday parties in vegas..so in terms of his position...he thinks hes fine.

If u cant please ur fans...then who else u tryna please. Pretty sure he hears the criticism and says...Who cares..they dont understand...blah blah....But if u dont please home team..they aint gonna ride for u.

He damn sure aint no lyricist...hes just like the other NY rappers.
He can be better if he had some passion...some desire.....but he doesnt...so hes nothing special anymore

Merc Mixtape>>>h-o Mixtape.

No need to ride h-o's coatail for a mixtape he put out in 2004..that was amazing...because since then he hasnt displayed anything worthy of callnig him a lyricist....we can atleast ride Ja..no homo because hes accomplished alot...But H-o aint dont nothing....and calling him a lyricists will just gas him up even more than he is now.

Westside
09-20-2010, 07:03 PM
Couldnt say it better myself Kiss!

But how come u can make such a good mixtape and years later the shit u doin is so garbage....lol H-O needs a wake up call.

Capo Di Tutti
09-20-2010, 09:57 PM
^^^
same reason y so many rappers were at one stage on the top the world, fans change music change rappers change every new day time flies and if you dont move along with the times you'll be left behind.

you can see the changes from the late 80 to early 90's to late 90's then earl 00's and now and just in hip hop...

brandondizzle
09-20-2010, 10:18 PM
Couldnt say it better myself Kiss!

But how come u can make such a good mixtape and years later the shit u doin is so garbage....lol H-O needs a wake up call.

its just due to a loss of passion man. i have not heard harry o's 04 mixtape, but i guess i'll peep that out in the near future to see if i can understand where relent is comin from since now i know theres another mixtape out there that he could be referring too.

but yeah, many rappers just feel like they "made it" when they actually havn't accomplished nothing. that's VERY rare though cuz most artist on the come up dont feel nothing until they have made it to some point. it usually only shows with rappers who come out through artist such as harry o, tony yayo, nelly's group...just situations like that.

but like i said relent, i'm gonna peep that 04 mixtape out in the near future man...we gonna chop it up again

relentless
09-21-2010, 04:52 AM
^yeh man u should check his first one..im not really referring to his new mixtape...cos it isnt that good lyrically. im just goin off his best tracks from his first one and the numerous guest verses he has on random mpire tracks. i will even post some tracks so u know what im talking about.

relentless
09-21-2010, 05:32 AM
imo h-o did his thing all these tracks..and outshines everyone on the tracks with other rappers on it..like the hook it up remix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJx4ckMdrcw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AChSW4Og8YE

h-o destroying newz and rule

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F94tM1nX8-I

again destroying newz as well as merc and caddy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx6GrO1h6Uw

h-o murking maino

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyWjv2WeUqs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLGgGcVZT4I

these are just tracks from soon youll understand his first mixtape..b-dirrty u should check em out. they are all i could find on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItKH59yxrbw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XB9b5gTRaI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZu6Aw6IqiY

now for all the times h-o outshines rule on tracks where its just the two of them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zZOJhpkuq0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SxcFTAPcfI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBgbxSOuoYo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FO4e0AWEe0

there are more tracks id like to post but they arent on youtube.

M.A KINGDOM
09-21-2010, 08:00 AM
harry o ft maino all give it h.o
me and you remix close but prolly h.o
million dollar jewellery ide give it a tie
devil in a dress tie
miss me am giving to rule

dont like the h.o freestyle the pray song is alright never herd it but props tricks on me not feeling it and that newz caddy merc h.o joint goes hard as hell i aint never herd that newz and h.o go in....throw it in the bag is just wack all together...introduce you to mpire track i give it merc and life have better verse then h.o....so fly i think h.o verse is nice but all they verse on that track are nice h.o is far from destroying anyone on the tracks u posted pluss you posted tracks you think h.o is best on there hella more tracks where people outshine h.o on am sure someone will post them....theres my 2 cents

also this proves my point even more that h.o is better on features then his own actual tracks

relentless
09-21-2010, 09:46 AM
see its hard for some of u guys to know what im talkin about when u havnt even heard some of these tracks. ok corale is from caddys soldiers story mixtape...prolly the best mixtape to come out of the murder inc camp. pray is from soon youll understand, h-o's first mixtape. but i couldnt find my fav tracks from that mixtape on youtube so i was stuck with just posting those two. im going to up that mixtape for u guys in the crack house a bit later.

and yes i left out tracks...but the ones i left out were pretty much ties...theres not many where someone clearly outshines h-o lyrically. how can u not like that freestyle tho??? h-o went in on that. and so fly...cmon son...h-o murked that joint. newz was meh talking about drugs smh.. and rule was just ok.

and id have to agree with u that h-o is prob better on features than he is on his own tracks.

M.A KINGDOM
09-21-2010, 10:31 AM
yh all check that out in the crack house props

Ɖ∀ℕǤΞℝĜUƧ 1ℕΞ
09-21-2010, 11:52 AM
Pfffft

miraslow
09-21-2010, 01:58 PM
no need to argue men H-O is good in lyrics it comes naturally it's like he's taking it as his style so you'll always hear dat from him
he's great...

Capo Di Tutti
09-21-2010, 10:28 PM
see its hard for some of u guys to know what im talkin about when u havnt even heard some of these tracks. ok corale is from caddys soldiers story mixtape...prolly the best mixtape to come out of the murder inc camp. pray is from soon youll understand, h-o's first mixtape. but i couldnt find my fav tracks from that mixtape on youtube so i was stuck with just posting those two. im going to up that mixtape for u guys in the crack house a bit later.

and yes i left out tracks...but the ones i left out were pretty much ties...theres not many where someone clearly outshines h-o lyrically. how can u not like that freestyle tho??? h-o went in on that. and so fly...cmon son...h-o murked that joint. newz was meh talking about drugs smh.. and rule was just ok.

and id have to agree with u that h-o is prob better on features than he is on his own tracks.

while your there upload the caddy mixtape...since i havent really listened to his shit i wouldnt mind checking it out if you have it mate...

by the way who you got saints or collingwood? LOL

relentless
09-21-2010, 11:04 PM
^yeh ill try find that one too and up it.

oh and i dont follow the afl lol...but i dont like collingwood supporters so i guess st. kilda

relentless
09-21-2010, 11:06 PM
no need to argue men H-O is good in lyrics it comes naturally it's like he's taking it as his style so you'll always hear dat from him
he's great...

word..lol im just arguin cos i want to...i get a kick outta it. it was mainly to get some activity on this board again. plus i think theres too much h-o bashing..so someones gotta bring the balance.

Westside
09-22-2010, 08:58 PM
@ relent u allways mention Rule but in my opinion JA aint a lyrical rapper but JA has the quality to go hard everybody knows that on MIO, Ja doesnt even need to go lyricly JA is an artist that spreads his wings to come up with a new sound. JA stands above lyrics!!

There u mention H-O he proofed fuckin nuffin, i agree the mixtape aint that bad but it took him like what 4 to 5 years to come what half decent mixtape thats in my opinion not even 10% off the first he did, if this man was allready a bigballer in the game and allready had 2 albums out he could do the fuck he want to, but he aint a bigballer so everytime when he comes he need 2 come harder then the other shit he did but naaawh not H-O, this H-O that got groupies in Brazil and pre bday bash in Vegas so for me it aint no suprise his music slided down drasticly!

I hope he finds out soon cause it's such a shame if waist u talent like this!

Ohhh yeah #PassportGang fan here :smokin:

relentless
09-22-2010, 10:27 PM
yeh i know all that man. but all i was really talking about is being lyrical. like yall cant even admit h-o outshines rule a lot strictly from a lyrical perspective. rule might be outshining him in everything else...but damn...i aint talkin bout that! lol.

like i can say nissan engines>>>honda engines. does that mean nissans are better cars? no..im just talkin about one aspect of the car. honda might have better looking cars, or better handling, better interior etc etc...but doesnt change the fact that i think nissans engines are better.

iuno why yall are struggling to grasp this thread...its only taking a look at one small aspect of h-o and rules abilities.

k_kiss
09-22-2010, 11:28 PM
yeh i know all that man. but all i was really talking about is being lyrical. like yall cant even admit h-o outshines rule a lot strictly from a lyrical perspective. rule might be outshining him in everything else...but damn...i aint talkin bout that! lol.

like i can say nissan engines>>>honda engines. does that mean nissans are better cars? no..im just talkin about one aspect of the car. honda might have better looking cars, or better handling, better interior etc etc...but doesnt change the fact that i think nissans engines are better.

iuno why yall are struggling to grasp this thread...its only taking a look at one small aspect of h-o and rules abilities.

nissans are better than hondas tho...for real:smokin:

Ja is a Maybach and Harry o is a Bicycle....thats where its at rite now

Westside
09-23-2010, 01:44 AM
^Lmao Bicycle :laugh:

Westside
09-23-2010, 01:55 AM

So u tell me wich H-O joint from the last tape kills a Ja joint :huh:

If u talk like that about lyrics Black Childs big toe>>>H-O

PS: shoutout 2 Relent for a epic thread again :smokin:

relentless
09-23-2010, 04:22 AM
^see it aint even about that. none of h-os records are better than jas..so i dont know why your asking me to show u a joint on his new tape thats better than a ja rule record. im not even trying to big up his tape...this thread aint about his tape...or how u feel he is a bigballer poser lol.

talking about records and talking about lyrical ability are two different things. immortal technique is lyrical...but i dont like his music. im not asking u to like harry o's music..nor am i trying to say its good...all im saying is hes slick with the words..he has lyrical ability...and has outshined ja on nearly every record theyve been on together..either that or its been a tie. very rarely does h-o get outshined lyrically by anyone else on mpire. now, u may like other dudes verses better than h-o cos they have more passion or a better flow or whateva...but at least admit lyrically h-o has the upper hand most of the time.

the best way to tell..is to see everyones lyrics in writing. that way its completely free of your judgements on their voices, flows etc. but then again..a lot of peoples judgements about his career and how yall feel about him as a person seem to be affecting this as well...which im not cool with. put all that aside and lets just talk bar for bar lyrical ability.

and no..blackchild is not even coming close to harry o. blackchild is pretty basic..he can be aight at times.

M.A KINGDOM
09-23-2010, 07:35 AM
bicycle :laugh::laugh::eazy::eazy:

Westside
09-23-2010, 09:52 AM
^see it aint even about that. none of h-os records are better than jas..so i dont know why your asking me to show u a joint on his new tape thats better than a ja rule record. im not even trying to big up his tape...this thread aint about his tape...or how u feel he is a bigballer poser lol.

talking about records and talking about lyrical ability are two different things. immortal technique is lyrical...but i dont like his music. im not asking u to like harry o's music..nor am i trying to say its good...all im saying is hes slick with the words..he has lyrical ability...and has outshined ja on nearly every record theyve been on together..either that or its been a tie. very rarely does h-o get outshined lyrically by anyone else on mpire. now, u may like other dudes verses better than h-o cos they have more passion or a better flow or whateva...but at least admit lyrically h-o has the upper hand most of the time.

the best way to tell..is to see everyones lyrics in writing. that way its completely free of your judgements on their voices, flows etc. but then again..a lot of peoples judgements about his career and how yall feel about him as a person seem to be affecting this as well...which im not cool with. put all that aside and lets just talk bar for bar lyrical ability.

and no..blackchild is not even coming close to harry o. blackchild is pretty basic..he can be aight at times.

I feel what u been sayin.

But u was that dude that was sayin that lyrics got to make u woooow now when Black Childs start to put a lil effort in he will crush H-O and we all be like wooow.

Blacks Real Wanksta>>>>>H-O mixtape carreer.

M.A KINGDOM
09-23-2010, 10:47 AM
ite just got dun with listening to his old tape got to say shit goes hard few wack tracks but whatever... stand out tracks inc gang, thats me, warning, eyez on the prize, its like that has a nice change of flow but overall tape is nice shame he aint bring this one out now and the wack one he brought out recently as his old one lol

gwopboi7
09-26-2010, 10:24 PM
remember when 50 was at ja heavy and the media was like why rule aint comin back... he said he didnt wanna waste his time cuz he knew what tha real deal was he knew tha real 50 and it was bull.. this tha same deal.... he dont try to be better than h.o. cuz 1st he supose 2be promotin him so why wud he wann outshine him on tracks... 2nd it wud be like a father playin 1on1 ball wit his ten year old and playin hella hard when he know his on aint on his level... ja, h.o. and everybody on this site knows ja>>>>h.o. so it aint no point 4hime to outshine him at all...