PDA

View Full Version : Heat Working Out Sign & Trades for LeBron & Bosh with Cavs & Raptors

lokivvv2
07-09-2010, 05:49 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-update-s070910,0,4440538.story

Heat maneuvering could net Mike Miller, keep Haslem

n a potentially significant turn of events, the Miami Heat is attempting to work out a sign-and-trade agreement with the Cleveland Cavaliers for free-agent forward LeBron James, who already has agreed to join the Heat

Should the Heat be able to pull off the maneuver, it could possibly give Heat President Pat Riley the flexibility to re-sign a remaining current Heat free agent, such, as Udonis Haslem, Dorell Wright or Quentin Richardson.

No matter the approach, James is locked into a Heat future.

Regardless of such a maneuver, the Heat plans to sign of Washington Wizards free-agent swingman Mike Miller. The Heat is expected to sign the former University of Florida standout to a contract in the five-year, $30 million range.

In essence, the Heat is completing its end game.

The Heat also is finishing off a sign-and-trade agreement with the Toronto Raptors that will allow recently acquired power forward Chris Bosh to receive a six-year free-agent contract instead of the maximum five-year contract an outside free agent can receive. The Raptors, in turn, will receive a package of draft picks from the Heat and a trade exception of roughly $15 million.

With a sign-and-trade with Cleveland, James also could receive a six-year package, instead of the maximum five-year deal an outside free agent could receive. The Cavaliers also would receive a $15 million trade exception.

Such an arrangement would allow Bosh, James and re-signed Heat free-agent guard Dwyane Wade to each receive similar six-year contracts starting just below the league maximum of $16.6 million for next season.

The Heat still is addressing the possibility of retaining Haslem, the free-agent power forward. However, under its current salary structure, the Heat only could offer Haslem a veteran-minimum 2010-11 contract of $1.1 million. The Heat then could make up the money to Haslem in 2011-12 and beyond.

However, if both Bosh and James are acquired by sign-and-trade agreements, then it could create wiggle room for a Haslem return, albeit not anywhere close to his $7.1 million 2009-10 salary.

Haslem has had contact with several teams, with the Utah Jazz emerging as a suitor in the wake of losing free-agent power forward Carlos Boozer to the Chicago Bulls.

The Orlando Sentinel also reporting that Orlando Magic free-agent forward Matt Barnes said he has been in contact with the Heat. Barnes earned $1.6 million last season, opting out of the $1.6 million he otherwise would have earned this coming season.

Other names linked to the Heat are free-agent guards Jason Williams and Mike James, and Cavaliers free-agent center Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

lokivvv2
07-10-2010, 09:36 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5368003

relentless
07-10-2010, 11:25 AM
hey at least we got somethin

brandondizzle
07-10-2010, 11:15 PM
im just happy that bosh and james both gave somthing back to their former teams...not much but somthing...i mean, if u really think about it. what is a first round pick from the heat? all those picks that the cavs and raps got are gonna be picks between 25-30...none of them are gonna be lottery picks

relentless
07-11-2010, 03:17 AM
anyone know what the heck a trade exception is?

brandondizzle
07-11-2010, 03:24 AM
^^^i think iT means for a trade...like is says they got a $$ exception i think it means it can go that much over their cap

lokivvv2
07-12-2010, 10:49 AM
^^^Yeah basically it just gives them the ability to go out and do a sign n trade of their own for the trade exception w/o being penalized..basically most the free agents who signed elsewhere this offseason have done this..Amare, David Lee and now Bosh and Lebron..and I just seen the Raptors will use this to do a sign n trade for Boris Diaw with the Bobcats

http://murderinc-online.com/usforum/t40203-raptors-amp-suns-finalizing-4team-trade-involving-hedo-barbosa-diaw-amp-josh-childress.html

k_kiss
07-12-2010, 11:04 AM
yeah Raptors Traded away Hedo to the suns to cut some serious cap space...in exchange for Leandro Barbosa

And for the TPE we actually using it to get both Borris Diaw...and Tyson Chandler...both of those are still pending and not official yet

brandondizzle
07-13-2010, 05:44 AM
^^^raptors got some serious work to do...this is like their 4th or 5th time dumping roster...and now this time its gotten rediculous...bosh (obviouly rapts had nothing to do with that), hedo, calderon (he's a free agent i think or he's just gettin trade). so they really have no pieces to this team (unless someone wants to say otherwise). their left with their most potential player being demar derozon, and he's not really that good (imo), and wont get much better.

but as far as trading for chandler and diaw and barbosa...i would've saved my coins...they aren't worth it...they need to get another superstar FIRST...and then recruit with him being on the roster. thats what happened with the nets. they had literally no one (with the exception of devin harris and brian lopez)...and james bosh wade boozer and stoudamire (who i think doesn't really care about winning as much as the others). they all wanted to win RIGHT AWAY. so pretty much the raptors are gonna have to get someone with the mindset of stoudamire or play the draft for the next few years again. and on top of that i dont think that the raptors have ever mad a big name sign (and i dont think hedo turk was a big name sign)...

relentless
07-13-2010, 07:13 AM
i think its a good look..we dont have any big names but we now have a solid team with a good bench. itll take some time to get the machine greased and good to go, but we have a very young team with some upside. once we do land a big name in the following seasons we will be back in the playoff hunt.

barganani/chandler at centre (people forget bargs still got a lot of upside..will be interesting to see how he fairs without bosh)
davis/diaw at pf
johnson/weems at sf
derozan/kleizer at sg
jack/barbosa at pg

we are kinda congested at the 2 position...especially if wright re-signs which i dont think he will. belinelli is there and barbosa will see action at the 2 as well. we still have a few more moves to go to clear that up along with marcus banks.

brandondizzle
07-13-2010, 06:22 PM
everyone u just named has no star potential. and bargani is either a solid player or a bust...all the hype that everyone has put on him in recent years will be exposed as actually being there or just needing another better big beside him to shine. which is no problem with that. cuz then u always know that if u get a strong big man, u not got a solid backup to play along side him. ya'll need a point guard...one thats more of a combo guard...jose isn't good enough. he's decent but he's not a game changer, he needs to be with superstars...ya'll need someone like mo williams or mr. james (delonte west)

relentless
07-14-2010, 08:31 AM
dude leonardo barbosa is a combo guard lol..as is jack. and fuck star power..im anti star power with all this miami heat shit right now haha. but on a side note..looks like we not getting chandler...damn.

Flash
07-15-2010, 10:13 AM
nobody will survive the heat!

brandondizzle
07-16-2010, 03:45 AM
dude leonardo barbosa is a combo guard lol..as is jack. and fuck star power..im anti star power with all this miami heat shit right now haha. but on a side note..looks like we not getting chandler...damn.

yeah barbosa is a combo guard but more of a 2 guard...ya'll need a point convo. and plus barbosa aint no game changer if thats what u tryna say when u said he was a combo guard...never started, never has accomplished anything that someone his calibre has...he's just not what ya'll are gonna work with...and plus im positive that the rapts aren't gonna play barbosa as no combo guard, specially when they have jarret jack whos more solid then him.

and there are a lot of rapts fans and cavs fans that kind of have an irking for superstars/franchise players lol. and plus i think loosing bosh give ya'll another window of oppertunity to see waht bargs can do, and to let derozen develope. bosh imo isn't goona lead a franchise to a ring as the sole player. thats what sucks about having a beast of a big man, cuz he has to be damn near playing at the "nba top 50" status to lead a team as a bigman. but i do give ya'll credit for signing hedo...that was a true showmanship of how much ya'll was willing to pay to surround bosh...

people say this was the best free agent class in history. and i say it was the most unloyal free agent class that the game has ever witnessed.