PDA

View Full Version : Album of The Year???

Westside
12-31-2008, 10:06 AM
My album is Z-RO - Crack

:smokin:

adamantiumstar
12-31-2008, 11:35 AM
I would say that the TPain album "three ringz" is crazy and real groovy....

and I bet that a lot of people would say Ti's paper trail and lil wayne tha carter 3.

Nickolai
01-01-2009, 10:11 AM
This year was wack... Best album for me 'Jedi Mind Tricks - A History of Violence'
Then 'Rhyme Asylum - State of Lunacy' and 'Atmosphere - When Life Gives You Lemons...'

:smokin:

Vinnie
01-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Ja Rule - The Mirror

no wait shit it didnt come out :(

buddhachoi
01-01-2009, 06:07 PM
The Mirror :P

Flash
01-01-2009, 11:47 PM
when life gives u lemons u paint the shit gold

Propz
01-02-2009, 12:06 AM
This a hard one either Ludacris Theater of the mind or killer mike i pledge allegiance to the grind i liked the blacc snow album to by snow goons

jaynice
01-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Paper trail.....reccesion....lax

elcuppan
01-02-2009, 01:53 PM
paper trail,l.a.x,the carter 3.....808's.....lessons in love....ect

relentless
01-02-2009, 03:12 PM
808s and heartbreak...

this years been pretty shit for music lol. i dont think i bought one hip hop release this year.

jaynice
01-03-2009, 06:52 PM
808s and heartbreak...

this years been pretty shit for music lol. i dont think i bought one hip hop release this year.

no disrespect
But then Yall complain about hip hop sales and pop sales and all of that

mpire
01-04-2009, 04:34 PM

NO dissrespect. But wow.
This year dropped: Yeezy, Jeezy & Weezy; T.I.; Fat Joe; Officer Ross; DJ Khaled; NaS; Plies; Atmosphere; Bun B; Common; Ghostface Killah; Ice Cube; LL Cool J; Nelly; The Game; The Roots; Snoop Dogg; Gnarls Barkley; Joe Budden (digital only though); Ludacris; Q-Tip; Scarface.

And that's on top of the head + mainstream ALONE...
Personally I loved most of abovementioned albums like NaS' and Ice Cube's, The Roots', Q-Tip's, Budden's, Luda's, Weezy's and Yeezy's etc
Also some great mixtapes dropped this year... so a 'pretty shitty year for hiphop'? Come on man, just because Jiggaman, Ja and Dr. Dre (anyone?) didnt drop does not necessarily mean it was a shitty year.

$tate
01-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Theater of the mind, definetly

Capo Di Tutti
01-04-2009, 09:15 PM
yea i brought theater of the mind good fukin album i must say

n there r some other honourable mentions but nothin like the good ol days

elcuppan
01-04-2009, 09:37 PM
is theatre of mind really that good???..still undecided bout getting it....

brandondizzle
01-06-2009, 12:51 AM
808's and heartbreaks.

this cd has no skippers...its a play all. if u listened to the cd then i know u have heard one song on that album that had u walkin around pissed off cuz he was singin ur life lol...best album by far

brandondizzle
01-06-2009, 12:57 AM
NO dissrespect. But wow.
This year dropped: Yeezy, Jeezy & Weezy; T.I.; Fat Joe; Officer Ross; DJ Khaled; NaS; Plies; Atmosphere; Bun B; Common; Ghostface Killah; Ice Cube; LL Cool J; Nelly; The Game; The Roots; Snoop Dogg; Gnarls Barkley; Joe Budden (digital only though); Ludacris; Q-Tip; Scarface.

And that's on top of the head + mainstream ALONE...
Personally I loved most of abovementioned albums like NaS' and Ice Cube's, The Roots', Q-Tip's, Budden's, Luda's, Weezy's and Yeezy's etc
Also some great mixtapes dropped this year... so a 'pretty shitty year for hiphop'? Come on man, just because Jiggaman, Ja and Dr. Dre (anyone?) didnt drop does not necessarily mean it was a shitty year.

yo i thanked ur post for this one right here ^^^^but let me wean all the trash u put in that list
nas, plies, NELLY (u couldn't have been serious bout usin that as an example of good hip hop), ice cube(i buy his album but still was a lil trash), atmosphere?, ll cool j,

mpire
01-06-2009, 06:47 AM
yo i thanked ur post for this one right here ^^^^but let me wean all the trash u put in that list
nas, plies, NELLY (u couldn't have been serious bout usin that as an example of good hip hop), ice cube(i buy his album but still was a lil trash), atmosphere?, ll cool j,

I put most of these rappers on the list just to show how many (in the past at least) successful hiphop acts dropped in '08. As you could have read later on in that same post I did not like all of the (e.g. I thought LL Cool J's, Nelly's and Plies' album were trash).

Nevertheless, Nelly sold over 30 million records, so even if you may think he is not good hiphop, mainstream audience thinks different.

And how can you NOT like NaS', Cube's and Atmosphere's album. I would say NaS + Atmosphere alone had some of the best albums in 2008, but you classify that as 'trash'? Come on man, NaS' Untitled was (close to) a classic...

brandondizzle
01-06-2009, 07:10 AM
I put most of these rappers on the list just to show how many (in the past at least) successful hiphop acts dropped in '08. As you could have read later on in that same post I did not like all of the (e.g. I thought LL Cool J's, Nelly's and Plies' album were trash).

Nevertheless, Nelly sold over 30 million records, so even if you may think he is not good hiphop, mainstream audience thinks different.

And how can you NOT like NaS', Cube's and Atmosphere's album. I would say NaS + Atmosphere alone had some of the best albums in 2008, but you classify that as 'trash'? Come on man, NaS' Untitled was (close to) a classic...

i like u empire. cuz u seem like u like to argue/debate music...well let me gon head and say this then

nelly sold over 30 million recoreds...word word
ice cube is a multi platinum legend word word
same with nas.

what they use to be dont make them that now. nellys last album went double dust. nas last ablum went triple dust, ice cube, i think they stop puttin his albums in the store and sent the rest back to the record company...they name dont make them hot. the record sales show it. and seems as if though the artist know it themselfs also. and i dont even know who atmophere is. he/they sound garbage.
but i will give u this. for the hip hop heads who actually live for those artist who dropped. like ice cube, and nelly. 08 was a perfect year. cuz we got music from all the old heads in the game. and even though i didnt like cube and games albums, i still bought them. so it is what it is

lokivvv2
01-06-2009, 02:28 PM
^Record sales aint everything
Nas' album clearly wasn't meant for that nor was it promoted to be. You do got a point though with it shouldn't be about how big the artist was but moreso the content. Nelly's album was terrible, Plies is Plies lol and I didn't check out Cube's as his new material doesn't really compare. I actually thought Game's was pretty good though. As for an album of the year I'd say Jeezy's or Bun B. This year was disappointing though as alotta releases didn't live up to people's expectations.

brandondizzle
01-07-2009, 01:16 AM
luda, jeezy, kanye...those are the ones who came correct this year. i have bun b's album but i havn't took the time out to listen to it.
but i aint the one claimin record sales...im just playin off the hand that "mpire" dealt me, and he brought up record sales. but also in a day in age right now with how the economy is (in america), and how low records sales have been. they do mean a hell of a lot right now. from nellys 40k to waynes 2mill (almost 3)

Westside
01-07-2009, 10:40 AM
Oh yeah i forgot to mention

SCARFACE - EMERITUS

brandondizzle
01-07-2009, 11:32 AM
^^^man u tryna just list artist who dropped in 08. or the best album. scareface aint got the best album.