PDA

View Full Version : R&b

relentless
12-08-2008, 03:58 PM
For those of yall who fuck with R&B real heavy, who are u feelin right now? reason i ask is, im kinda goin off hip hop right now..been listening to a lot of rnb and other shit..was gonna go to the store today and pick up some albums but i wanted to get your opinions on whats hot. im lookin at trey songz right now...the shit ive heard from him has been dope but ive never heard an album from this guy. is he consistent? might pick up some music soulchild, raheem devaughn and donnell jones. no hate to chris brown and neyo..they cool on their mainstream shit..but i dont really mess with them like that..need something with a bit more substance. another cat im feelin right now is claude kelly..a lot of people wouldnt kno him..but he is dope..check out his myspace page.

MurdaNL
12-08-2008, 04:15 PM
i'm feeling r&b. But not really the dream, he only has a several good tracks.
you should listen Jason Derulo... Claude Kelly is dope though. About Trey Songz, yes he brings out good tracks, but some are trash. So the answer on if he is consistent? nah

Bossy
Off my brain
Hush
Cyberlove

those are radiokilla's;)

other artists: taio cruz, jay sean... they got classic tracks

relentless
12-08-2008, 04:32 PM
^isnt jason derulo the dude that worked with donnie?

empireinc80
12-08-2008, 05:54 PM
trey songz...trey day is a hot ass album also check some of his mixtapes cuz they hott too

some good songs (that i like) by him are

love lockdown remix
whatever you like remix
swagga like songz
the whole fuckin trey day
cuddy buddy
in ya phone
bust my windows

just to name a few

elcuppan
12-08-2008, 06:00 PM
Musiq Soulchild is it right now for me.....ne-yo is aight,.,..gotta respect chris brown....john legend always deserves a mention...ya know..cant think of much else right now...and relent...cb's album is quite tight if u havn't heard it yet..u should def get it

Eimz_T
12-08-2008, 06:22 PM
j-lac has a nice sound, i've always liked avant, dunno at the moment i've been listening to alot of older stuff, 2008 is not my favourite year

empireinc80
12-08-2008, 06:25 PM
yea ne-yo-in the way is my joint...are you looking for just dudes or just R&B in general

Melle
12-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Trey songz is good, but shit its like im waiting for him to drop something dope, he got a great voice, and sure he got good songs but im still waiting for that 'hit' u know..
Right now ive been listening to t-pain and the dream alot, t-pains albums is pretty good actually. Shit.. some weeks ago i even downloaded some El debarge songs and old tracks like that, they got some dope music u never heard, old artist actually got alot of good music u never get to hear if u dont really search for them.

Oh and if u want dope rnb music, go cop some donell CD's, my fav rnb singer . Hes like ja rule but in the rnb gamer lol minus all the hate since hes not really hated, people just dont seem to have really got locked by him somehow , hes underrated as hell, he deserves so much more credit for what hes doing, his cds are dope, also "apple pie" and "portrait of a woman" are dope songs, think they just are bonus tracks so listen to them at youtube they are probally up.

relentless
12-08-2008, 06:46 PM
yea ne-yo-in the way is my joint...are you looking for just dudes or just R&B in general

just in general, the reason why i dont have any woman on there is cos most of their stuff is talking about a guy, its a females perspective..which is cool but i cant identify with it. but if u got any good female artists fire away..cant hurt to check em out.

Eimz_T
12-08-2008, 06:49 PM
it's a little poppy but i just dl'd leona lewis's album spirit and she has some serious vocals on there!

relentless
12-08-2008, 06:52 PM
yeh leona lewis is pretty good, so is estelle. leona lewis can get me down tho...that shit is mad depressing at times lol. im gonna go pick up some india arie records..never got around to checking her out.

k_kiss
12-08-2008, 07:44 PM
if ur lookin for something a lil more soulful..something thats smooth..anda woman with the voice of an angel...then u gotta checkout Corinne Bailey Rae...

l0l i mention her in all my threads...shes like the illest...shes from the UK..i think she won a grammy for song of the year

adamantiumstar
12-08-2008, 10:20 PM
I'm definitely bout the dream, he's a beast..... they all hate on t pain but this guy is really talented too, i bought his album in deluxe edition, and this is the shit for real......

if you like rnb, joe is incredible....... i think the "ain't nothin like me" album is one of the top five of the last ten years......

I'm really feelin bobby valentino too....... this guy knows how to make hot ass songs.....plus most of the time he associated with tim and bob, whom I consider as the best producer in the business, period.

ryan leslie's album should come out soon and I bet a lot on this one too, this guy's a genius, he knows everything bout music;

tank album "sex, love and pain" seems great, the "coldest song" is fucking hot......

and slim just released an album too, whiwh include one of the best rn'b song of the year "good lovin" feat ryan leslie and fabolous.

but I gotta say that the song that I listened the most this year is "in my bed" from day 26. this group is going hard for sure...... you should listen to this song......best song of 2008 for me.......I must have listened to it a thousand times lol.

lokivvv2
12-08-2008, 10:24 PM
^^lol Kiss still on that Corinne Bailey Rae
Of course the best rnb was from way back but now
I'd say check out Raheem Devaughn, Trey Songz
has been killing hooks lately. His last album was ok
John Legend, Slim of 112's album is pretty good
As far as the females, Brandy came back out
pretty nice, Jazmine Sullivan had a dope album, and
not new but Chrisette Michele...luv this chick's voice.
I actually went to high school with her lol..small world

empireinc80
12-09-2008, 12:24 AM
deemi has some hot tracks she has that song "soundtrack to my life"...."little girl" is pretty hot too

Bluck
12-09-2008, 12:58 AM
Bobby Valentino!! I know he hasn't had an album out this year, but he has some cool singles flying around, if you haven't heard it already (came out start of the year) 'Your Smile' feat. Lil' Wayne, my favourite R&B joint of the year

MurdaNL
12-09-2008, 07:40 AM
Bobby Valentino!! I know he hasn't had an album out this year, but he has some cool singles flying around, if you haven't heard it already (came out start of the year) 'Your Smile' feat. Lil' Wayne, my favourite R&B joint of the year

yup that's one dope track. But lets not forget lil wayne ft. bobby v - miss officer. banger! weee o weee

relentless
12-09-2008, 02:04 PM
^^lol Kiss still on that Corinne Bailey Rae
Of course the best rnb was from way back but now
I'd say check out Raheem Devaughn, Trey Songz
has been killing hooks lately. His last album was ok
John Legend, Slim of 112's album is pretty good
As far as the females, Brandy came back out
pretty nice, Jazmine Sullivan had a dope album, and
not new but Chrisette Michele...luv this chick's voice.
I actually went to high school with her lol..small world

oh man how could i forget chrisette michele? shes got an amazing voice..and u went to school with her? same year level?

and yeh i must check jazmine sulliivan..bust your windows is my joint right now..love treys version too.

Eimz_T
12-09-2008, 02:34 PM
chrisette michelle's album is amazing, i love it, so different

k_kiss
12-09-2008, 04:29 PM
jazmine sulliivan. is cool actually....she reminds me of Tweet..from way back when...

never really been a fan of chrisette michelle tho

Eimz_T
12-09-2008, 05:09 PM
that's suprising considering how simaler she is to corrine...

lol when i was away for the summer i happened to throw on one of her songs "my joy" about her father, got me all homesick and teary eyed lol

k_kiss
12-09-2008, 05:38 PM
whao chill^^^

Corinne Bailey Rae is >>>>>95% of theese chumps out there

Her Album is my Top 5 favourite of all time..including hiphop/RnB/watever other genre

Chrisette cool...but i wudnt say they are similiar..not 1 bit

Eimz_T
12-09-2008, 05:47 PM
hmmm ok, i find them quite simaler but to each their own i guess

k_kiss
12-09-2008, 06:13 PM
shut up^^

jaynice
12-10-2008, 01:10 PM
ne-yo ...trey songz and J Holiday are the guys

relentless
12-10-2008, 11:47 PM
been meaning to check out j holiday..but was a bit hesitant since dream is basically the reason he had any hits in the first place.

k_kiss
12-11-2008, 01:51 PM
todays male RnB singers just dont got it..if u ask me...
i mean u have a few diamond in the ruff new school RnB artists....buts its been a long time since u heard somebody say...yo that dudes RnB album was tighttttttt...only exception is The Dream......but like J Holiday..yea he killed that single BED..but the album wasnt nothin special.......and if u ask me..Chris Brown has hits..but i ono..i never really got into dude....Neyo..hes respected kuz of his ability to write a record...but i honestly never got into a neyo album either..

compare todays new cats...to the likes of.....Avant...oldschool Jagged Edge....old school Boyz 2 men...Usher..Joe.....Ginuwine,,(in thoooooose Jeans)....and tons more...but theese dudes had some music u could take a girl..and just smash..that lovemaking music....compared to todays male RnB..is more happy...just bunch of dudes dancing...singing the same old songs....Dancing the same old 1,2 step

$tate
12-11-2008, 03:16 PM
^ real talk

I fucks with Jodeci. That some real R&B shit.

mpire
12-11-2008, 04:19 PM
I can recommend Dwele - Sketches Of A Man & Robin Thicke - Something Else (2008), although both are more often categorized as "Neo-Soul". However, they got great vocals and some grown men lyrics, so I'd say check it out. Also Kanye's 808's & Heartbreak (pop-art, rnb, its a hot album regardless)

elcuppan
12-11-2008, 07:26 PM
todays male RnB singers just dont got it..if u ask me...
i mean u have a few diamond in the ruff new school RnB artists....buts its been a long time since u heard somebody say...yo that dudes RnB album was tighttttttt...only exception is The Dream......but like J Holiday..yea he killed that single BED..but the album wasnt nothin special.......and if u ask me..Chris Brown has hits..but i ono..i never really got into dude....Neyo..hes respected kuz of his ability to write a record...but i honestly never got into a neyo album either..

compare todays new cats...to the likes of.....Avant...oldschool Jagged Edge....old school Boyz 2 men...Usher..Joe.....Ginuwine,,(in thoooooose Jeans)....and tons more...but theese dudes had some music u could take a girl..and just smash..that lovemaking music....compared to todays male RnB..is more happy...just bunch of dudes dancing...singing the same old songs....Dancing the same old 1,2 step

fair enough with the old skool.,...i do prefer old skool r&b, (u remeber them vids i was dropping in the shoutbox a while ago!lol)..i wouldnt sleep on chris brown though....but forreal...musiq soulchild is dat dude..u ever feel tevin cambell from back in the day??..now dat dude could hold a note :smokin:

k_kiss
12-11-2008, 08:41 PM
can weeeeeeeee talkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.....for a minute.............girl i wanttttt to knowwwwwww your nameeeeeee

l0l tevin campbell>>>

elcuppan
12-12-2008, 07:08 PM
^^ that track is serrrrious....lol no joke...

for anybody dat dont know it

...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-vT_GqYG-E

brings back memories

adamantiumstar
12-12-2008, 07:41 PM
I know tevin campbell from the goofy disney animation movie lolol..... he has two crazy songs in it.... eye to eye and stand out, really funky tunes.....

relentless
12-18-2008, 12:35 AM
dru hill and montel jordan>>>>

this is how we do it >>>>> any song to walk into a club

brandondizzle
12-18-2008, 04:46 AM
chris brown. point blank period

damurderous
12-18-2008, 10:41 AM
i got to say neyo coz dood is doing his thing right now and his music is hot

MurdaNL
12-18-2008, 04:37 PM
johnta austin!!!!!!!!!! WHAT YOU NEED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-K1-4uokH8

k_kiss
12-18-2008, 04:42 PM
dru hill and montel jordan>>>>

this is how we do it >>>>> any song to walk into a club

This is how we do itttt...its friday night....and i feeeel alllright...The PARTIES HERE ON THE WESTSIDE!!!!....

elcuppan
12-19-2008, 04:33 PM
This is how we do itttt...its friday night....and i feeeel alllright...The PARTIES HERE ON THE WESTSIDE!!!!....

that is a killa of a track forreal..must av for a party
yet another montell track stand out for me..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyWMC2VaGM4

relentless
12-24-2008, 10:20 PM
its funny how people regard r. kelly the king and mary j the queen...yet nobody mentioned them lol

adamantiumstar
12-25-2008, 02:32 AM
those are my montell jordan joints.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVstLdBNy04

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyWMC2VaGM4

Eimz_T
12-25-2008, 03:32 AM
as regards R Kelly, yes he was the king of RnB but realistically he hasn't been for a long time, in my opionion he hasn't made anything decent since the chocolate factory and that was arguably the beginning of the end for him.

Mary J is consistent but i find that she gets a little bit boring

tjjohnson
12-27-2008, 10:13 PM
Ne-Yo
Usher
Tyrese
Anthony Hamilton
Tank

relentless
12-27-2008, 10:33 PM
^tjs backkk lol.

and word..howd i forget anthony hamilton..great artist. heard good things about tank too but havnt heard much from him.