PDA

View Full Version : Who is most overrated?

Redd
11-18-2008, 08:08 AM
K so instead of those "lupe is overrated" threads where we just argue back and forth about one artist, tell us who the most overrated artist is to you personally.

to me, its gotta be lil wayne. understand, i don't dislike wayne, but i just can't understand how he got so big. his voice sounds like he's still going through puberty or has a cold or something. i think i like dude's image more than i like his music. i like him as a celebrity, but not as an artist so much.

so what about the rest of you?

Nickolai
11-18-2008, 09:07 AM
Lil Wayne I think... And Biggie

Eyebagz
11-18-2008, 09:29 AM
lil wayne pac jay z and ja rule but only on these boards

Capo Di Tutti
11-18-2008, 10:34 AM
wats up wid ja lol im not saying the dude is the greatest but i like his music n i relate to him the most same wid pac as for jay he's kewl but im not on his dick like others but i respect him cause he has put in work as for lil wayne he's aiight

to me the media hypes 50 like he's the shit n eminem but other than that i dont really give a fuck i listen to em both just dont rate em as highly as mtv would thats for sure

Nickolai
11-18-2008, 10:38 AM
Em is a lyrical genius... He'd wrap circles round 95%+ dudes

albanian murda
11-18-2008, 10:38 AM
1.Jay-Z
2.T.I
3.2 Pac

Capo Di Tutti
11-18-2008, 10:43 AM
Em is a lyrical genius... He'd wrap circles round 95%+ dudes

bro u got guys just as good as em lyrically imo anyway im just saying the media is on his dick like he's the only rapper out there

adamantiumstar
11-18-2008, 11:28 AM
I think I would say 50 cent even if I got nothing personal against the guy.......

Bluck
11-18-2008, 01:27 PM
same as Redd, dont hate Lil Wayne, I bump a bit of his stuff (well dont really have a choice, hes on everything lol) but dont see what the hype is about..

murda mami
11-18-2008, 02:28 PM
wane is soooooooooo overrated, i dont even understand wots hes sayin half the time, n him using the vocoder is too much

Nickolai
11-18-2008, 02:29 PM
bro u got guys just as good as em lyrically imo anyway im just saying the media is on his dick like he's the only rapper out there

Name um :D

D-block fan
11-18-2008, 04:28 PM
K so instead of those "lupe is overrated" threads where we just argue back and forth about one artist, tell us who the most overrated artist is to you personally.

to me, its gotta be lil wayne. understand, i don't dislike wayne, but i just can't understand how he got so big. his voice sounds like he's still going through puberty or has a cold or something. i think i like dude's image more than i like his music. i like him as a celebrity, but not as an artist so much.

so what about the rest of you?

well lupe is the most overrated when he puts out an album. people say he's a genius. too bad the only thing he has over southern rappers is a good flow. he's only good for that.

Lil wayne is overrated all the time. people say he's the best because he claims he's the best but what has he done to prove that? he did lollipop which has the same lyrical content as any other hip pop single.

and pac is overrated because he's dead. he has a few good songs the rest are just average. but hey i know im going to get flamed for this post anyways.

Eyebagz
11-18-2008, 07:14 PM
Name um :D

tone deff, mr lif, chester p, sage francis, sapient, possessed, illbill, murs, chino xl, canibus, elzhi, aesop, cage, slug, ra rugged man, cray walz, q unique etc... i could keep going lol

Capo Di Tutti
11-18-2008, 08:33 PM
^^^ thank you

i like eminem im just saying the media makes him out better than he is n he has alot of stans 2 but im not saying he is shit or nothin he's good just not as good as the media portrays him as

Redd
11-18-2008, 09:26 PM
so who would you prefer to have more shine than the artists you think are overrated?

Eyebagz
11-18-2008, 10:39 PM
tonedeff i think hes one of the few underground artists with that spark that could make him massive.

Slug from atmosphere aswell but im an atmosphere stan

Marcus13
11-18-2008, 11:26 PM
Overrated by who? The media, in general?

Plies, 50 Cent, Busta Rhymes, Yung Berg

Overrated by actual hip-hop heads?

T.I. , Biggie

Marcus13
11-18-2008, 11:29 PM
so who would you prefer to have more shine than the artists you think are overrated?

Akrobatik, Styles P, Dead Prez, Nipsey Hussle, Ja Rule, Mikkey Halsted, Charles Hamilton, B.O.B., Elzhi, Mic Geronimo, Memphis Bleek

lokivvv2
11-21-2008, 02:09 PM
Charles Hamilton n B.o.B. will get they chance
As for the rest, I doubt it. The game's just
that fucked up right now.

relentless
11-22-2008, 02:21 AM
T.I., 50, Game, Weezy, Jay-Z, Andre 3000, Eminem

thats not to say i dont like all those artists, i just think they get more props than they should.

tjjohnson
11-22-2008, 10:05 PM
1. Biggie
2. Weezy(he's good but I can name a whole lotta rappers better)