PDA

View Full Version : Ashanti In XXL & Right On Magazines

lokivvv2
09-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Propz to Cole & C Dubbz at the Ashanti Forum for this info. Appreciate it.

Ashanti is in the recent issue of XXL for the R&B singers favorite rap album story. She chose The Notorious B.I.G.'s 'Life After Death'
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/3659/picture033uf8.jpg
http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/5236/picture036nu2.jpg

She is also on the cover of this month's issue of Right On Magazine
http://ashantidaily.com/cutenews/data/upimages/rightonmag.jpg

On pressure for future success:

Ashanti: The reality is, "It is What it is." And that's what it's going to be. I have no control. Am I nervous? Yeah. It's scary. Everything is going to be pointed at me. 'Cause I took this on. And when you have success it's a double-edged sword. Obviously you're very, very happy to be successful but it's all about "How [are] you going to top that the next time?" But the good thing is ,I'm here, I'm happy, I'm proud and I'm finished![Laughs] I feel like we did it, well, I did it!!!![Laughs] It's amazing to feel like you completed something. Now the world is going to do what the world is going to do with it. But I'm content, and that's really important. I did a lot of growing up and I learned a lot about myself and the industry.

On Hilary vs. Barack:

Ashanti: I don't like to put my personal vies out there as far as politics are concerned. I'm just really excited. When you make a decision, either way you go, you're okay. But I will say that I'm really happy that these are the two candidates. It's a win-win. I'm more interested to see a woman.'Cause we've never had a woman.

On a unreleased record called "Crime":
Ashanti: That's actually a very edgy record. I may use it as a bonus, we'll see. But it's phenomenal. That's one of my favorite records. "Crime" is basically about when you fall in love with someone and they're not being honest to you; whether they are married or with someone else. But it's too late, you already fell in love with this person and they've been deceiving you. So is it a crime to continue on with that person 'cause , "He's not mine? I don't know what to do because, he didn't tell me that he had a whole other life going on?" I think so many people can relate to that record.

First Paparazzi Moment:
Ashanti: The first I remember, I was like, I don't understand how that happened, way back when around 2003. I remember I saw a picture of myself and I was standing on a balcony of a hotel. I had a scarf on my head. I had these sweatpants on, I was on my Sidekick and I was talking to somebody. It was early in the morning and I had just rolled out of the bed. It's hot outside, I'm talking on the phone and I'm like, How did this get out?!?! That was the first time that I experienced and invansion. I was clueless as to how someone took a picture and I had no idea that they did it. And then the next minute...It's all over the place.

murda mami
09-04-2008, 01:39 PM
im gon pick up the right on as soon as it hits my school news agents, there a bit slow!