PDA

View Full Version : Whose more overrated Pac or Lupe

D-block fan
06-28-2008, 01:14 AM
Pac has classic material but doesn't have a front to back classic album

lupe doesnn't even have classic songs.

for me im going to have to go with Lupe. because at least pac stans have something to fall back on when defending pac.

all lupe stans have to fall back on is the fact that lupe is better then the comercial southern rappers out

Nickolai
06-28-2008, 05:08 AM
Lupe hands down

He sucks

Pac = G.O.A.T.

Gangstafied
06-28-2008, 12:56 PM
both great artists
both overrated, but seriously pac is overrated as fuck the perfect example is when u mention pac you got like 5 people coming right up saying he's the G.O.A.T. lolol

MB Rule
06-28-2008, 02:18 PM
Pac is more overrated by far!!! Lupe is a great artist and has lots of classic songs out, he is not overrated I never hear people say Lupe is the greatest etc.

kayitosway954
06-28-2008, 02:49 PM
Lupe has uhh classic album, whachu talkin bout?

Pac is overrated. Love nigga and his music, but folks make him overrated.

But why did you use Lupe? Id wish this nigga got love like Pac. tha topic should Pac or Weezy, thats tha truth

MB Rule
06-28-2008, 03:14 PM

But why did you use Lupe? Id wish this nigga got love like Pac. tha topic should Pac or Weezy, thats tha truth

Yup, I agree should of been Pac or Weezy, cause they both mad overrated

albanian murda
06-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Of Course 2 pac is the most overrateed Only Jay-Z can top him

Nickolai
06-28-2008, 04:59 PM
Funny how the one's who think Pac is mad overrated think Ja is one of the best to ever do it (MAD LOL's)

MB Rule
06-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Funny how the one's who think Pac is mad overrated think Ja is one of the best to ever do it (MAD LOL's)

I dont think Ja is the best to ever do it. Ja is great at what he does but my favoirte artists are LYRICISTS, guys like Canibus, Ras Kass, Crooked I, Inspectah Deck, Royce Da 5'9", GZA, Immortal Technique etc

Gangstafied
06-28-2008, 07:37 PM

smh a u being mad that we consider pac overrated...
The people that already said in this thread pac is overrated if u look up they never said ja is one of the best to ever do it so i don't see ur point besides being a dickhead...

matter fact pac and ja not even on my top 20

DeReK I.N.C
06-29-2008, 02:18 AM
Man u all say Pac is Over Rated but if It was not for Him And BIG some of your fav rappers would not be nothing so how can u say he is over rated. As for Lupe i'm not a fan of him but he dose have some ok songs.

Nickolai
06-29-2008, 06:20 AM
I'm not mad, I'm humble, cuz Pac is the GOAT

relentless
06-29-2008, 07:40 AM
pac hands down. weird comparison. lupe isnt overrated imo.. its just the dudes that hype him up arent really exposed to that many MCs outside the commercial side of things, so naturally he gets the attention some of these other equally talented rappers dont get (plus he came out with kanye and had the skateboard/fashion thing going for him). but getting attention doesnt mean your overrated if the people who are giving you that attention havnt listened to a wider range of artists. pac stans on the other hand will say pac is the goat no matter who else they are exposed to lol.

Gangstafied
06-29-2008, 08:09 AM
Man u all say Pac is Over Rated but if It was not for Him And BIG some of your fav rappers would not be nothing so how can u say he is over rated

Thats some major bullshit lol u saying if there never existed Pac and Big hip hop had stopped or some shit like that loool Gangstarr, Public Enemy, LL Cool J, X-Clan, KRS etc etc inspired most of the mc's to make GOOD RAP, but u know since BIG and Pac were killed they much more famous that's why everybody mentions them, it's cool to say ''oh pac inspired me'' because these new generation of hipop listeners don't know Public Enemy...i'm not dissin them BIG is one of my fav mc's and i got love for pac but There's like x rappers that did so much more for hip hop other than those 2

Eyebagz
06-29-2008, 09:25 AM

Underground hip hop classic wtf are you talking about lupe isnt underground hip hop in the slightest. And pac without a doubt dude is overrated to the fuck he was good but greatest of all time never he was just one of the first hip hop artists with heartfelt lyrics.

brandondizzle
06-29-2008, 12:06 PM
let me get this out first...i think they BOTH overrated(i wonder how much hate i'ma get foro that one). but if i had to choose...i'ma have to say lupe cuz he has no commercial background compared to pac. but straight up, only reason i feel that people is bumpin pac is gone he passed away...other than that...i'm not sure how big he would've been if he was still livin. and ya'll cats need to quite this "so and so if better than every rap artist in the south" crap. stand by ur word when i bring u out on that comment cuz now i'm gonna say this. lupe is better than luda, ti, jeezy (other people might argue cuz i wont with him), ugk (sure lupe pops out more words in a bar then pmp or bun but ugk makes more sence...) lil wayne (hate to say that one but other would def argue that fact on u). i mean, i'm not hatin but when u say things like that, u better understand what ur sayin cuz i'll bring u out in a heartbeat

santana99
06-29-2008, 12:38 PM
tupac is the best

kayitosway954
06-29-2008, 03:42 PM
Underground hip hop classic wtf are you talking about lupe isnt underground hip hop in the slightest. And pac without a doubt dude is overrated to the fuck he was good but greatest of all time never he was just one of the first hip hop artists with heartfelt lyrics.

I aint say shit bout underground Hip Hop.

ugk (sure lupe pops out more words in a bar then pmp or bun but ugk makes more sence...)

whachu mean? Lupe makes perfect sense 2 me. His metaphors are fresh and his similes are ill.

brandondizzle
06-29-2008, 04:41 PM
whachu mean? Lupe makes perfect sense 2 me. His metaphors are fresh and his similes are ill.[/QUOTE]

i see what ur sayin...i would just have to argue the fact that he's not better the any south rapper nd yeah he has metaphors and things of that nature, but what is he sayin when he's all said and done. he's all about subject matters. and when he raps bout a subject, he gets lost in his big word just to make it sound good (in my opinion), and ugk, when they rap, they stay straight to the point and get the point across...granted i havn't heard his frist album, but i from what i've heard on his second album (which should have more growth in rhymes on it) it's not what u would expect from someone of his type of rap. but i still respect him none the less

k_kiss
06-29-2008, 05:14 PM
l0l @ the ppl who front on Lupe..

Lupe is one of the illest Rap artist of the NEWWW GENERATION. who gives a fuck if he has a "underground classic album" or not. Thats all ppl do to front. on. lupe..they try and name a bunch of underground artist thats>>>Lupe

if thats the case...Canibus alone>>>Pac lyrically...matter fact canibus>>>90% of the rap industry lyrically...but theres a reason why the nigga is ""Underground""..its kuz them mother fuckers cant go ""mainsteam""

Lupe started like every other rapper underground..with a bunch of sick mixtapes...but difference is..he crossed over..because hes Not only a Lyricist..but hes a Rap Artist aka he has the ability to cross over and make some radio like records..that are still ILL.....and his first 2 albums were amazing

and to answer the question...Pac is overated...but Lupe??..nah...Hes one of the best artist of the new generation...North,East,West,South,Green,Black,Whi te,Yellow,Pink and Purple

Eyebagz
06-29-2008, 05:35 PM
I aint say shit bout underground Hip Hop.

Lupe has uhh classic album

Thought that meant underground hip hop uhh and he doesnt have a classic album... And he just an average rapper lyrically. Compared to the millions of sick underground artists hes just good lyrically for mainstream shit.

Nickolai
06-29-2008, 06:01 PM
Joe Budden > Lupe :smokin:

:agree:

k_kiss
06-29-2008, 06:13 PM
who are you to say Lupe doesnt have a classic album. Theres no rule book that says classic albums must have...a.b.c.d..

this is all personal opinion...Lando thinks Lupe has 1 classic album....I think Lupe has 2 classic albums...U think he has 0....which one of us is right?....in a sense..all of us are..kuz thats just what we feel.

Eyebagz
06-29-2008, 06:55 PM
classic albums are albums that are gonna be looked back on and considered masterpieces half the albums that get branded classics are no way near classics. The only classic albums i can really think of are it takes a nation of millions to hold us back illmatic and enter the 36 chambers nearly every other hip hop considered classic to me doesnt ever come close. A Classic album has to be influential and actually do something dope music isnt enough.

k_kiss
06-29-2008, 07:32 PM
classic albums are albums that are gonna be looked back on and considered masterpieces half the albums that get branded classics are no way near classics. The only classic albums i can really think of are it takes a nation of millions to hold us back illmatic and enter the 36 chambers nearly every other hip hop considered classic to me doesnt ever come close. A Classic album has to be influential and actually do something dope music isnt enough.

The point in tryna make is....Whats Influential To you..might not be influential to me..im not disagreing with u or anything like that...but u know theres some ppl on this earth who think illmatic aint a classic..or even enter the 36 chambers..nahmean...so im just sayin everyones gonna be moved by music differenty

Dermo
06-29-2008, 07:45 PM
99% of the people on this forum didn't know who Pac was when he was alive so they cant comment, but Lupe isn't overrated he's underrated in my opinion, Iv seen him live in front of an audience that majority went to see him on Superstar alone not knowing who he was before hand and the feedback was they couldn't believe how good he was and how good stage presence he had and were actually surprised by the quality of music he had to offer.

as for Pac his music was great when he was alive and will always live on and be discussed as long as hip hop/rap as we know is around.

but comparing the two is pointless Pac rapped about completly different things then what lupe raps about Lupe doesnt claim to be one of the best rappers ever when we all know Pac was when he was in prime, the likes of Jay Z & Lil Wayne claim to be the best alive so they should be compared as said in previous posts.

just my 2 cents

jrule336
06-29-2008, 09:42 PM
im a big pac fan so i guess i would have to say lupe... im not gonna say he is a bad rapper or anything but im just not a fan of his music... it doesn't appeal to me but thats only my opinion

relentless
06-30-2008, 12:16 AM

yeh there is a general consensus that albums like 36 chambers and illmatic are classics, but it basically comes down to personal preference. i think illmatic is the most overrated album of all time..same with blueprint. plus there are a lot of trend riding dumbasses that just co-sign all that shit to make em seem like a 'real hip hop head'. then there are the dudes that are so stuck in their ways that they wont allow albums like food and liquor to be better than something like illmatic. imo u can have a classic album by just having dope music, and you can have a classic album due to the influence and impact it had..there are many ways to define a classic. both lupes albums are classics to me.

FranchizeTheKid
06-30-2008, 12:37 PM
Pac Doesn't Have A Classic? The Fuck You Talking About?

Lu Doesn't Have A Classic? The Fuck You Talking About?

iLLMatic The Most Overrated? The Fuck You Talking About?

This Forum Has Some Terrible Views On Music... Pac's More Overrated, But Pac > Lupe

rodger p
06-30-2008, 05:59 PM
lupe cool:spotting:
i would of went pac r 50 most over rated?????????????????