PDA

View Full Version : Whats Your Thoughts on Carter 3

k_kiss
05-31-2008, 10:46 PM
well ....Internet land was waiting for it. Its here. What u guys think.
Lived up to its expectations?...Not as good as Previous Carter installments?? Classic??..or what..Drop ya thoughts

The Illustrious One
05-31-2008, 11:15 PM
SMH.

They don't care kiss.

If the thread title doesn't say Jah Rool, Lloyd or Ashanti... MIO DOESN'T CARE.

The album is dopeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

J.M.C.
05-31-2008, 11:58 PM
actually ahmed..

MIO does care bout dude..

most do, since there on his dick ((i dont see y)...

but ima have to check it out... i wont be surprised if it doesnt live to its expectations...

cashmurderers
06-01-2008, 05:42 AM
gtta say im nt a massive wayne fan alotta recycled lyrics!!!
but this album is FIYAAA

elcuppan
06-01-2008, 01:35 PM
shit!...did it leak....fuck..must get it!!

Flash
06-01-2008, 01:51 PM
wayne is wack.......wacknessssssssssssss

Eimz_T
06-01-2008, 02:17 PM
haven't heard it, will give it a listen later if i get the time

DeReK I.N.C
06-01-2008, 02:42 PM
dame Nice album very nice. It has been over hyped but stile A good album i just feel for wayne this is gana cost his album sales big time. But shit im gana have to cop this original anywayz. I no its supos to drop on the 10th but shit if i was him id try and get it to drop ASAP

MB Rule
06-01-2008, 02:46 PM
its not no classic but I wasnt expecting much this time around from Wayne but I really enjoyed this album.

Heres what I'd rate each track personally...

01. 3 Peat (5/5) - Waynes on point with this one, great way to open the album.
02. Mr. Carter (feat. Jay-Z) (5/5) - I love this track, Weezy & Hov both come correct.
03. A Milli (4/5) - Good track but I preferred the version with my dude Cory Gunz on it.
04. Got Money (feat. T-Pain) (2.5/5) - Not feeling the auto tune never really like T-Pain.
05. Comfortable (feat. Babyface) (3/5) - Decent track, good chillin track but heard it along time ago.
06. Phone Home (5/5) - My favorite track on the album, this was the standout for me.
07. Dr. Carter (5/5) - Yet again I love this track, its crazy, like the whole idea behind it.
08. Tie My Hands (feat. Rboin Thicke) (4/5) - This is a great tune, really enjoyed the collab with Robin Thicke.
09. Shoot Me Down (4.5/5) - Great song, real good vibe to it.
10. Playin' With Fire (4/5) - Real good song, lyrics could have been better and would have gave it a 5.
11. Lollipop (feat. Static Major) (2/5) - Very catchy but got old real fast and again hate the auto tune shit.
12. La La (feat. Brisco & Busta Rhymes) (2.5/5) - Something about it, just not feeling any of it.
13. Nothin' On Me (feat. Juelz Santana & Fabolous) (4/5) - Love this track, great collab and Im not a big Juelz fan.
14. Let The Beat Build (4/5) - Great track, he came good on this again, some lines I wasnt really feeling.
15. Mrs. Officer (feat. Bobby Valentino) (3/5) - Not bad but nothing amazing.
16. Misunderstood (5/5) - Great track, excellent way to end the album.

Thats just my opinion on the album and tracks on it. Lets hear others.

DeReK I.N.C
06-01-2008, 02:46 PM
gees that Mr Carter ft Jay-z HOT and Mrs. Officer wit Bobby Valentino ALSO HOT and Kanye doing alot of Producing on this album and that 3 Peat HOOOOOT. I'm happy wit this album

DeReK I.N.C
06-01-2008, 02:53 PM
wow Misunderstood HOT 10min Track. THIS IS most deff the best from the 3 Carter albums Wayne comes to life on this album.

jrule336
06-01-2008, 07:14 PM
i've been a fan of lil wayne since the hot boyz days so i think ima wait till it hits the stores and actually buy it

tjjohnson
06-01-2008, 09:30 PM
I still gotta listen to it. I'ma get it.

Flash
06-03-2008, 05:09 AM
wacknessss......

The Illustrious One
06-03-2008, 06:21 AM
C3 great album, but definitely over hyped...

La La La is old as hell, it should've not been on it.

And that song with Fabolous and Santana would've not made it.

I love Dr. Carter, Mr. Carter, Got Money, A Milli, and Phone Home.

DeReK I.N.C
06-03-2008, 12:13 PM
wacknessss......

HAve u heard the album ????

Flash
06-03-2008, 12:58 PM
HAve u heard the album ????

i dont want to lose any more minutes of my life listening to wayne......

DeReK I.N.C
06-03-2008, 01:03 PM
Yeah i was thinking U maybe have not heard it so how can u come on a thread saying leave your Comments on what u think of the album. And U Say its Wack when u have not even heard it just make u look Dumb.

Blackdove
06-03-2008, 02:42 PM
its called hating, anyway, i think the album is really dope.

brandondizzle
06-03-2008, 04:34 PM
he's too random on his songs...some of his songs sound like he'll spit a line...think a lil bit and spit somthing else, and his rhymes usually dont make as much sence as u would expect a rapper to

FranchizeTheKid
06-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Shit Is Average... No Special Tracks, Jay Had One Of The Only Verses That Made Complete Sense... And It's WAYNE'S ALBUM

Kanye Shoulda Came Correct With His Older Style Beats That Everyone Loves Him For, His Production Wasn't Really That Good

Wayne Failed To Drop A Classic, Okay Album Though... He Knows Cory Gunz Bodied Him On A Milli So He Took Him Off And You Dare To Call This Guy The Best Rapper Alive? Jay Bodied Him As Well

All The Tracks Are Average Cept For Mr. Carter And Let The Beat Build, 3.5/5, Carter 2 > This Shit

Marcus13
06-04-2008, 12:23 AM
Liking the album, but I think I'll love it in time. The whole album has the "lollipop' feel to it, in the sense that it is unconventional. I didn't like Lollipop at first either but it's a hot track, and I think a lot of the tracks on this album are going to do the same. The only instant standout to me on the first listen though was Mr. Carter. Jay's wordplay on B havin his baby was crazy

kayitosway954
06-04-2008, 02:17 AM
Ima check it out. I been fuckin with his remixes lately.

Westside
06-05-2008, 07:00 AM
this album is da bomb weeeeeeezzzzyyyyy :chuuch:

kayitosway954
06-05-2008, 06:14 PM
I fucks with Shoot Me Down, Comfortable, A Milli, Mr Carter, Dr Carter, La La, and Misunderstood.

Havent heard that Robin Thicke joint yet.

Everything else Im either building up 2 like or aint feelin it. [Im confused on whether Phone Home is garbage or madd dope]

LOC
06-05-2008, 11:21 PM
it was ok, liked carter 2 better.

kayitosway954
06-06-2008, 02:01 AM
Tha Carter II sounded heavily Bow Wow influenced [real talk, though I love Hustler Muzik]

Moist Murderer
06-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Ima check it out. I been fuckin with his remixes lately.

Woh, never thought id hear u likin Weezy???

kayitosway954
06-10-2008, 05:36 PM
Woh, never thought id hear u likin Weezy???

music wise, I can fuck with him. he aint real as uhh person and he aint Blood.

J.M.C.
06-11-2008, 02:38 AM
I fucks with Shoot Me Down, Comfortable, A Milli, Mr Carter, Dr Carter, La La, and Misunderstood.

Havent heard that Robin Thicke joint yet.

Everything else Im either building up 2 like or aint feelin it. [Im confused on whether Phone Home is garbage or madd dope]

how u guna like a millie???....more den half of the shit he says in the song dont make sense

DeReK I.N.C
06-11-2008, 04:38 AM
how u guna like a millie???....more den half of the shit he says in the song dont make sense

Good Beat and good lines. ( U need to listen :D ) Mother fucker I'm Ill, Not sick. :D

lokivvv2
06-11-2008, 02:05 PM
Album was better than I thought it would be.
It's growing on me. I really like that joint he
took from Common's last album.

relentless
08-24-2008, 07:43 AM
pardon my lateness on this, but i only just got around to listening to this album. good album, not classic by any means but pretty good. for some reason none of his verses really came close to the level he was spitting on uh ohhh....nothing made me rewind really. some nice lines and some whack lines..the album was more about swag than anything. he shoulda started the album off with phone home imo, thats the sickest track. mr. carter and dr. carter are the other standouts for me

Capo Di Tutti
08-24-2008, 10:49 AM
havent heard the album only a few tracks n yeah usual standouts for me was mr carter but ill drop a more detailed post when i got time to listen to the whole thing but weezy is the shit

brandondizzle
08-24-2008, 10:17 PM
honestly...i aint like the cd...some songs were straight...but when he raps, it feels like he's just roamin the track and talkin bout whatever comes to mind and i'm not down with that type of music (which hes really the only notable person who does it). if u gonna claim to "be hip hop" then u gotta come a hella lot harder than that

relentless
08-25-2008, 01:31 AM
^yeh i kinda felt that way too, how he kinda stumbles over the track just spittin random shit. and somtimes dues voice is f'kn annoying and the flow is all over the place.

FuckThePolice
08-25-2008, 11:07 AM
Yea I got bored listening to it, his vocal presence made me wanna sleep, I think he's overdoing this whole "Swag" of his. Some of the beats we're wack plain and simple, A Millie for example. Overall, the only thing I really liked about this album was the SALES, it feels so good to know that Hip Hop could still go platinum in a week.

I'm feeling the "Hustler Musik" Wayne more. Lollipop was a creative single though, gotta respect that.

He COULD def come up with better shit.. but I think he's exploring a new path in his music, a more artistic side of him with. Thats good he not just be a rapper he should be an artist, but thats not all I wanted to hear on the album.. I was hungry for something raw, and there was nothing to feed that hunger.

lokivvv2
08-25-2008, 03:42 PM
honestly...i aint like the cd...some songs were straight...but when he raps, it feels like he's just roamin the track and talkin bout whatever comes to mind and i'm not down with that type of music (which hes really the only notable person who does it). if u gonna claim to "be hip hop" then u gotta come a hella lot harder than that

Yeah I thought certain songs were good.
I like the Robin Thicke joint, mr carter,
the Babyface one, the new single he got
with Bobby V. but I agree this roaming
mumbling type shit he got going on is
ridiculous. He totally ruined T-Pain's new
single by doing that. Well, if you could
ruin a T-Pain song lol I couldn't even
understand him on that shit. And the
backlash on him is coming. He's on
everything and I can't stand some of
his songs just cuz it's on the radio
every time I turn it on.

relentless
08-26-2008, 08:38 AM
he fucked up official girl too with that random shit. damn you ja for encouraging this dude to sing lol. sounds like he dying when he starts warming up the vocal chords

Capo Di Tutti
08-26-2008, 10:08 AM
its all the same shit whoever is on top is gotta fall from grace weezy f baby looks like ur time has come to the end ur fired