PDA

View Full Version : Has a record ever made you shed a tear?

relentless
03-21-2008, 06:37 AM
There are some records that are so powerful that you just get caught up in the emotion of it. This might be an uncomfortable topic for some people, maybe even stupid to some, but i think if a movie can cause you to shed a tear, a record most certainly can.

ima be real and say life goes on was one of those records for me, same with freedom by ashanti. i think if you are experiencing losses in your life at the time you hear these kind of records it amplifies its power.

Eimz_T
03-21-2008, 07:00 AM
oh ya big time, only one i think of right now tho is passion of RULE, toward the end of that song it always catches me

relentless
03-21-2008, 07:03 AM
^forgot about passion. add that to mine as well.

Rolfsma
03-21-2008, 08:22 AM
I think this is a good thread.

I've been waiting on the song that can make me "cry" or "shed a tear" but haven't heard it yet. It might be the content of the song, of the melody that would do it... One song that came close is "Diary" of Alicia Keys. That piano melody nearly touched the right string, but not yet.

If there eventually would be a song that could do it, that would be the ultimate song for me, you know what I mean.

But I'mma keep waiting...

adamantiumstar
03-21-2008, 08:29 AM
sailing by christopher cross is really incredible emotionally.

and puff daddy used the sample for best friend and this one is really cool as well.

iam definitely not unconfortable with the fact that people can cry during movies and while listenin music.

the movie that touch me the most is certainly philadelphia with tom hanks and denzel washington. I watched it two times only by myself and i can tell you that alone in my room, i was crying like a little girl lol for real it was like if somebody told me that i just lost all my family this movie is incredible.
i was really touched by forrest gump, cinderella man and dead poets society too....

the music can touch people too and give ya chill. the people that are really into opera, i ain't talkin bout me cause it's not too much of my thang but i still respect it, the people are always dropping tears at the end of the show.......

for hip hop songs i would say that send him our love by joe budden is real good as well asletter to my unborn child by tupac and better days by ja is really cool. at the end of better days i like so much when he's talkin with his son and then the instrumental's coming back and i always got a real good feeling at the end of the song. good thread man by the way

Nickolai
03-21-2008, 11:45 AM
Outside by Staind is one of those songs

And Dear Mama from Pac too, cuz it makes me think of all the things my mum has done for me

Eimz_T
03-21-2008, 12:29 PM
ya there's a song at the end of the musical blood brothers that gets me almost every time it's called "tell me it's not true" one of my favourite songs of all time

jinder
03-21-2008, 12:42 PM
i feel weird, like i have no heart r somet but a song r film has neva made me cry
they can make me real sad but jus neva made me cry
Ja n Tupac songs r 1s i can think of rite now that got me sad tho, dont think any otha artist has had that affect on me

Nickz
03-21-2008, 01:06 PM
"Passion" by Ja Rule and "Dear Mama" makes me really emotinal.

damurderous
03-21-2008, 01:54 PM
hell yeh some songs get to me its like wow
i gotta agree with seraph freedom gets to me erm the dru hill incomplete and lots more just can remember them right now but mostly slow jams they make me think and get to me emotionally
movies have never made me cry except for the first time i watched titanic but i was like 13 or something then

Flash
03-21-2008, 02:03 PM
i love my mom-ja rule...

damurderous
03-21-2008, 02:06 PM
^^yeh that just reminded me boxie's momma song that made me cry

tjjohnson
03-24-2008, 11:10 PM
Ja Rule- "Passion" and Tupac- "Dear Mama".

Grind Mode 08
03-25-2008, 03:20 PM
"Who Am I" And "One Day I Smile" By Juelz Santana And "Song Cry" By Jay Can Get Me At The Wrong Moments... And Those Are Also The Songs I Listen To When I Get Depressed, Thinkin Of That... I Ain't Heard Those In A Minute Lol

Vinnie
03-25-2008, 03:24 PM
when i was drunk i cried when i listened reign..

also last weekend i was drunk i listened song for you and i cried like little baby..

but hey i was drunk :p