PDA

View Full Version : Biggest disappointments in Hip Hop

Eimz_T
03-15-2008, 10:32 AM
What events in hip hop were most disappointing to you, lets face it there have been a lot of serious fuck ups in hip hops history.

A few of Mine:

DMX falling off
Eminem falling off
Nelly dissing KRS One
KRS actually responding....
Soulja boy being the biggest thing in hip hop in 2008
Nas signing to Def Jam

add on

JaRuleNL
03-15-2008, 10:57 AM
2Pac & B.I.G. Beef
2Pac Died
B.I.G. Died
50 Cent
Soulja Boy

DeReK I.N.C
03-15-2008, 11:51 AM
The Fact that Hip Hop is now commercialized that the real Raw MC's are getting puched out of the Game and shit, so annoying Fake ass's are getting rich for bringing out trash and only get big casue record companys are getting behind them to the max till thay on TV and radio all day till theye get big.

Melle
03-15-2008, 12:41 PM
People taking to much sides these days, theres only a few people who can go platinum, blame it on the downloading too .. but what i mean, 50 got a big as fan base, kanye and jay-z too and then theres not many rappers who got big fanbases..

The Illustrious One
03-15-2008, 12:51 PM
How is Nas signing with Def Jam a disappointment?

Nickolai
03-15-2008, 01:13 PM
The quality of music
Pac's death
Big L's death
Proof's death
The fake Kanye and 50 beef (it was horrible)

DeReK I.N.C
03-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Oh i have another THE MIRROR NOT OUT YET and no date in sight. Where is JA at heard noffin from ja for afew weeks now. :(

Eimz_T
03-15-2008, 02:17 PM
How is Nas signing with Def Jam a disappointment?

as a nas fan it was a bit of a disappointment, i'm all for them squashing the beef but i would have preferred him not to sign under jay. but seriously i don't think that nas lost or jay won because of it i just wasn't feeling the decision at the time

Redd
03-15-2008, 05:42 PM
-the god damn hip hop police

-female MCs getting less shine than they deserve

-deaths - too many to name, but the list is so much longer than just pac and big. im sure pimp c's death meant more to the south than pac's death. same goes for proof and detroit. they all meant so much to so many people.

-murder incs alliance with benzino

damurderous
03-15-2008, 06:21 PM
the fact the mirror hasnt come out yet,
all the deaths e,g, pac and big
hip hop could be dying

Gangstafied
03-15-2008, 07:47 PM
since 2000 the whole rap game is a disappointment

relentless
03-15-2008, 08:58 PM
any death in hip hop or pointless act of violence

controversy over quality

sales equaling quality

fans being so black and white by taking sides.

fans in general

rappers not being able to be who they are, they have to fit an image or they are pigeonholed by fans.

DeReK I.N.C
03-16-2008, 01:41 AM
-the god damn hip hop police

-female MCs getting less shine than they deserve

-deaths - too many to name, but the list is so much longer than just pac and big. im sure pimp c's death meant more to the south than pac's death. same goes for proof and detroit. they all meant so much to so many people.

-murder incs alliance with benzino

LOL i agre with the Alliance wit Benzino. and Deaths like Big Bun, Jam Master J, and all the Young guys comming up in hip hop and get killed be4 day get big. Like Static Major in Lil waynes new Video.

Flash
03-16-2008, 07:36 AM
Pacs death
B.I.G death
Big L death
Big Pun Death
Cannons death
Proof death

and a lot more......

tjjohnson
03-16-2008, 11:16 PM
2Pac died
Nelly
Big died
decline in record sales

Flash
03-17-2008, 07:20 AM
^^why the fuck nelly is a disappointment???

Capo Di Tutti
03-17-2008, 09:49 AM
my opinion iis the deaths these rappers that kick the bucket annoyed me pac big big l big pun they had a real influence and i havent seen a rapper since who were in that league except nas or jay

proof i dont count he wasnt one of the greatest he was a dickhead starting a fight and he copped to many ppl do it yeah god bless him but fuck i dont think he could of made the rap game any better

next is the south not lil wayne or ti im talking about dickheads bringing out shitty dances like rap is joke these record labels are pushing these fuckwits so muc im constantly hearing soulja boy on the radio and he is a fuckin joke

then i would have to say 50 turnin into a bitch fighting every body i gotta admit and im speaking wat i feel i liked get rich or die trying i think it was fresh in the game at that time cause ja and nelly had the singing melody shit popping big time and 50 brought out that whole gangsta shit and but now he is a fuck stick

dmx falling off he is one of my favourite rappers and i havent heard a good song from him in how long

and for ja i would have to say father forgive me all the hype with it well its got fuck all doesn't deserve that much hype and its needs to reworked good concept can be a good song but nothing more and then the mirror bring it out already ja has the potential to make hits but murder inc is so stingy wid the promo no good producers its all in house shit we all know the formula to success so why arent u doing it ja

adamantiumstar
03-17-2008, 10:05 AM
the beefs in general.

I mean it's just a dream but it would be great to just make music and focus on the main thing, make people happy and make dance the world, this is the most important.all the other things are so ridiculous.

and the other one is that I am still waiting the fucking masterpiece, last album of ja and we still don't have any news lol.

Gangstafied
03-17-2008, 10:06 PM
I'll had a few things...

The Biggest disappointment are rappers that change their style to sell records, these rappers that the label says to them ''put up this makeup and go entertain america'' Eminem was a disapoint at his last album, it wasobvious he didn't had his ideas in order to make another album, the label pushed him and he make a crap album, 50 i ain't gon' front like most of the people here who are afraid to say they listen to 50, 50 have good tracks, his 1st album is great, his old mixtapes when he was hungry are good, but he turned into a label hoe a puppet, he doesn't care about hip hop he cares about record sales; Ja Rule another one that changed his style to sell records and that almost pop records, and the same ol' same verses recycled r a big disappointment cause i'm his fan since he camed out and he's a good rapper he can do great things, but those crossovers and reclyced songs are no good, Nas big disappointment seeing him turning into jay-z lil' bitch, DMX another one...he had all...now he's just a crackhead, high all the time, it's amazing he still can make good tracks but none like the old days, KRS-One his latest actions are a disappointment to me, he used to preach a lot but he's just another fake ass dude, dude always said since Scott Larock died that hip hop isn't about violence and shit and the a guy asks him what rapper he still should be honoured and he replys 50!i mean wtf...And Rappers like Soulja boy, Lil Wayne, Nelly, etc etc are like a plague in hip hop, i belive in diversity in Hip Hop, I like club songs, but what these guys do is destroy hip hop, and the media support this guys cause they are here with one single objective and it's to entertain the dumbasses, because the dumbasses don't want to hear real stuff, they want to see bitches and the video and their rapper with platinum teeth....that's why 70% of the rap fans got an IQ that's less than 100...

Capo Di Tutti
03-20-2008, 02:45 AM
^^^ bro u spoke some tru shit i admit im a big ja fan i didnt like how he recycled some joints but some of that poppy shit was catchy i still enjoy it like livin it up always on time shit u no the ones i mean

and nelly i dont mind

lil wayne i dont mind either i think he one of the few rappers at the moment worth listening to

soulja boy sucks a cock he is a label puppet nothin else 50 i liked his first album but after that he just doesnt care its all about money man u got enough

krs one i gotta be truthful havent heard alot of his shit im from the aus and i basically only listened to rap from 94 will smith pac biggie till now so i dont know much about the 80's or the past except for my boys run dmc

MB Rule
03-20-2008, 01:31 PM
any death in hip hop or pointless act of violence

controversy over quality

sales equaling quality

fans being so black and white by taking sides.

fans in general

rappers not being able to be who they are, they have to fit an image or they are pigeonholed by fans.

best answer in this thread. No need for me to type, just read seraph's and thats same way I feel.