PDA

View Full Version : 3/04/08 New Gnarls Barkley Video Kept From Airing

lokivvv2
03-05-2008, 04:41 PM
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.6494/title.new-gnarls-barkely-video-kept-from-airing

New Gnarls Barkley Video Kept from Airing
March 5th, 2008 | Author: Slava Kuperstein

Due to strobe effects in the Gnarls Barkley's new video for the single "Run," it will be kept off of the air - for the meantime.

The strobe effects, according to Billboard, caused the clip to fail the Harding Test, which sets the guidelines that prevent TV images from causing epileptic seizures.

"I don't know exactly what's going on, but we're having issues. I think [the video] is cool. It works for me. But I'm not necessarily that easily seasick," said Gnarls Barkelys' Danger Mouse with a laugh. "We can't predict how people are going to interpret it."

The video for "Run," which features Justin Timberlake in a cameo spot as the host of the fictional public access show "City Vibin'," is set in the early 90's. Gnarls Barkley then proceed to perform the song.

Despite this video trouble, Gnarls Barkely will be filming a video for "Who's Gonna Save My Soul," the second single off of their album The Odd Couple, which is scheduled for an April 8 release date.

The group is also gearing up for a summer tour, which includes a July 27 show at Los Angeles' Hollywould Bowl and both U.S. and European festivals. "We didn't plan last time to do a whole bunch, and we don't plan to do a whole bunch this time, but you just never know how it's going to feel until you go out there," added Danger Mouse.