PDA

View Full Version : F1 News: Kimi Raikkonen 'I Will Win Championship Again'

Dermo
03-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Formula One world champion Kimi Raikkonen is not about to rest on his achievement last season, and is vowing to improve again this year.

The Flying Finn edged a thrilling world title race by just a point from Lewis Hamilton last year, but he has no time for sitting and reflecting on his glory.

The 28-year-old achieved his ambition of winning the world title, but says he is not satisfied and will keep on gunning for more improvement.

"Anyone who thinks I'm now happy and satisfied is mistaken," said Raikkonen.

"It has never been fun for me to drive for a fifth or sixth-place finish.

"I'm here to win."

After five years with McLaren, the move to Ferrari last year paid off for Raikkonen in his first season with the team - and he is more than happy to remain for the foreseeable future.

"I can well imagine that Ferrari will be the last team in my career," he added. "Why should I consider leaving?

"I have a contract for two more years, and as I've said before, I am not in a hurry to sign any new contracts.

"If I wanted I could sign a new contract tomorrow, but I will see what it feels like.

"Before I finish this contract I will make a new plan, but so far I enjoy Formula One and I'm very happy with the team.

"I like working with the people, but we will see what happens in the future."

After winning the title in his first season with Ferrari, Raikkonen is now much more at home in his new surroundings, but wants an improved start to the campaign this time around.

"It's much nicer and easier now than a year ago when I didn't know the people and I didn't know the team.

"Coming into this new season, I just hope we have a slightly stronger start to the year and then we will go from there.

"We want to improve everywhere.

"We know where we have a difficult time in certain areas in races and on certain circuits.

"But I improve my driving every time I go in the car, so as a team we are pushing forward and hopefully we can improve in those areas where we want."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12433_3229962,00.html