PDA

View Full Version : F1 News: Hamilton fires warning to Ferrari

Dermo
03-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton believes McLaren will match the pace of rivals Ferrari this season.

The 23-year-old, second in the 2007 drivers' championship, will lead the McLaren charge when the new campaign begins in Australia on 16 March.

"Ferrari were ahead by maybe three or four 10ths of a second, but now we are in equal cars," said the Briton.

"It was strange they weren't at some of the tests in Barcelona - it's an accurate measure."

Hamilton is also adamant that his second season in Formula One will be an easier proposition than the first, when he won four races after achieving nine podium finishes in a row.

"Perhaps there is more pressure but I feel there is less," he added.

"Last year I had so much to prove. There was the press asking 'can he do it or not?' I'm sure even people in the team were wondering.

"I was quick in testing but racing is a different thing. People wait for you to fail.

"I think this year is slightly easier. People know how well I can drive. I'm not going into an unknown world.

"I don't have any doubts that I will do a job this year but that means something different now. It means I want to win the world championship."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7276436.stm