PDA

View Full Version : 2/22/08 NFL-Falcons Corner DeAngelo Hall On Trading Block

lokivvv2
02-22-2008, 05:31 PM
http://www.ajc.com/falcons/content/sports/falcons/stories/2008/02/22/hallburst_0223.html

Hall feels 'stabbed in the back' by Falcons
Unhappy CB wants to 'go somewhere where I'm wanted'

By STEVE WYCHE
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 02/22/08

Indianapolis - Cornerback DeAngelo Hall said he wanted to remain with the Falcons.

That was "wanted."

"I don't want to stay there," Hall said Friday at the NFL scouting combine. "I would go anywhere that wants me. That's the thing. It's hard to play for or be part of an organization that doesn't want you. I just want to go somewhere where I'm wanted."

Hall said he and his agent have been made aware that the Falcons are entertaining trade offers, which he has construed as the team not wanting him to return for a fifth season - the last of his contract. Hall said he has not demanded a trade or requested permission to seek a trade.

Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff said last week that he thinks Hall makes the Falcons better. Coach Mike Smith said that he wants Hall on the team. However, Dimitroff said the team would entertain trade offers.

Dimitroff was not immediately available for comment Friday afternoon.

Falcons officials have said they would want at least a first-round pick for the two-time Pro Bowler. The Newark Star-Ledger reported Friday that the New York Giants might be willing to part with their first-round pick to acquire Hall. Several league officials at the combine said that Washington also could be interested.

Redskins vice president of football operations Vinny Cerrato declined comment since Hall is under contract with the Falcons.

Hall said he would prefer to be dealt as soon as possible and that he would not demand that the team that traded for him extend his contract. He said that he felt "betrayed" by the Falcons and that he had been "stabbed in the back" because of the team's refusal to try its best to retain him.

"Slim and none," Hall said about his chances about being back with the Falcons next season.

tjjohnson
02-25-2008, 01:52 AM
I hope the Lions try to get him or the Patriots.

Marcus13
02-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Saw this coming, he already said he wouldn't play another season on a losing team. I'd love to see the Skins get homie

lokivvv2
02-25-2008, 04:15 PM
^well it might happen. you think yall need him though. smoot, springs and rogers are pretty good. they said on espn that the giants and redskins were interested and the falcons are asking for a first round pick and redskins have a better pick.

Marcus13
02-25-2008, 06:45 PM
^well it might happen. you think yall need him though. smoot, springs and rogers are pretty good. they said on espn that the giants and redskins were interested and the falcons are asking for a first round pick and redskins have a better pick.

It isn't our biggest need but Springs is getting mad old, he's probably got one season left in him