PDA

View Full Version : 01/25 Robinson braced for England chop

Dermo
01-25-2008, 09:15 AM
Tottenham goalkeeper Paul Robinson says he will not be surprised to be left out of Fabio Capello's first England squad for the friendly against Switzerland.
Robinson was dropped for the key Euro 2008 qualifier with Croatia in November and has also lost his place with Spurs.

Capello names his squad next week and Robinson said: "I don't think I can expect to be in the squad this time.

"I am not playing football and if that's the case I can't expect to be selected. I will be surprised if I am."

Capello faces a goalkeeping selection quandary ahead of the friendly at Wembley on 6 February.

Aston Villa's Scott Carson, West Ham's Robert Green and Portsmouth David James are all in contention, but no candidate stands out from the rest.

Robinson was dropped by Spurs manager Juande Ramos after a bizarre error gifted Reading the opening goal in the 2-2 FA Cup third round draw on 5 January.

And the 28-year-old has since lost his place to Czech keeper Radek Cerny.

"It's a new manager that has come in, he will have his own opinions and we will have to wait and see," Robinson told the Daily Mirror.

"But this whole situation is an incentive for me to get my head down at Tottenham and concentrate on getting my place back."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/7208389.stm