PDA

View Full Version : Who got u into hip hop?

Nickz
01-17-2008, 05:22 PM
Okai a question for u all.
Which artist and what album made u get into hip hop?

Mine must be Bone Thugs first album, but the one who really got me into hip hop and rap must be 2Pac.

sniper
01-17-2008, 05:54 PM
snoop doggstyle

k_kiss
01-17-2008, 06:06 PM
umm..bone thugs...was my favourite back then..i used to just listen to everything equally..from all genres....but i really started fucking with hiphop..the late 90's...with Jay z,DMX, and Ja rule. Honestly them 3 is what got me into it, with ja being my favourite. And thats putting all being groupie'ness aside.

elcuppan
01-17-2008, 06:25 PM
ja rule ,dmx,jay-z...i really got into it round 01..hence im a big murda inc fan...
inc was doing things major at the time..no doubt

murda4lyf_06
01-17-2008, 06:35 PM
i grew up around people listenin 2 rap music so i grew to love it, pac snoop and dre to begin with although i was very very very young lol, and then i sort of got away from it.........and then venni vetti vecci came out! and i thought wow! who is this dude! ja's music really appealed to me from the first lisen.

dum dum dum dum dum dum dum
HOLLA HOLLA

comes to mind......

PaC3Y
01-17-2008, 08:16 PM
when i first heard Livin It Up...i've been a massive Rule fan since. also my taste in hip hop has expanded greatly from the likes of Nas, Biggie, Cam'ron & so on.

a3killa
01-17-2008, 09:09 PM
ive started around jas put it on me since that used to be on the tv all day i was like this guy is nice ever since ive been riding with murda also

Marcus13
01-18-2008, 01:01 AM
Venni Vetti Vecci. We used to bump that shit daily, then I got into Pac, then Jay, and it just kept spreading

tjjohnson
01-18-2008, 01:30 AM
2Pac got me into hip-hop. Then I just beacme a massive fan when Ja, Luda, DMX, and Jay came on the scene.

ALEXE
01-18-2008, 10:28 AM
Pac and CrackManX
then I got on to other shit :D

mpire
01-18-2008, 11:29 AM
hahaha.. my ex-girl got me into hiphop. After we broke up, I needed some outlet. And I discovered VVV, Blood In My Eye, Stillmatic: I remained faithful to hiphop ever since. I do listen to lots of other music as long as it is black. Lol. but serious, Ja, Nas, Jiggaman made me do it. now Im just expanding my hiphop taste and knowledge with older cats like Common, Rakim & Kool G Rap, but also newer artists like Lupe, Game, Kanye and more recently Blu & Exile.

Westside
01-18-2008, 12:22 PM
Makaveli The Don

yommie
01-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Mase was my fav. while Pac and Biggie was my brother's fav. I got addicted since Ja and Nelly

FuckThePolice
01-18-2008, 08:15 PM
Biggie Smalls, P.Diddy and Ma$e and Wu-Tang Clan
However I was 7 years old and thats all that MTV would blast, then when my brother hit high school, i was 9, i got sucked into Hip hop by the music of the late greatest.. 2pac, peace be upon his soul. Its 2pac's music that honestly made me what I am today.

Eyebagz
01-18-2008, 08:34 PM
i got into hip hop when i heard xzibit X then i fell in love.

relentless
01-18-2008, 10:08 PM
earliest people i can remember listening to were coolio, bone and pac. then started listening to eminem, dre, snoop, ice cube and them. got into ja around that same time as well.

Flash
01-19-2008, 07:27 AM
to be honest what got me into hip hop was em,then nelly ja and X,and from that moment till now i listen to so many other great artist i learnd so much bout hip hop,but Em was the one of the first emcees i heard.....

adamantiumstar
01-19-2008, 11:38 AM
same as PAC3Y the first time i heard livin it up it was like a revolution in my ears lol some like i never felt before so i bought pain is love by ja and i discovered my favorite artist since because i was amazed by livin it up, put it on me, im real remix, so much pain............. ja rule is the artist that i like the most because of the music, because of his personnality (the life foundation,he is a warrior because he don't care bout what people think...)
he really is the one, simply the one. the songs livin it up, caught up, better days, what's my name ..... are part of me and this is just funkiness you know, just groove and just thinks that make you feel good, and i'll always thanks ja for that, for making me feel high and good because of his sounds.holla

adamantiumstar
01-19-2008, 11:52 AM
i think that the first hip hop cd that i got was puff daddy's forever because i liked so much the song satisfa you feat r kelly. and on the album there was another classic song for me that was best friend featuring mario winans and sampled one the christopher cross song sailing.

But after that the same as PAC3Y the first time i heard livin it up it was like a revolution in my ears lol some like i never felt before so i bought pain is love by ja and i discovered my favorite artist since because i was amazed by livin it up, put it on me, im real remix, so much pain............. ja rule is the artist that i like the most because of the music, because of his personnality (the life foundation,he is a warrior because he don't care bout what people think...)
he really is the one, simply the one. the songs livin it up, caught up, better days, what's my name ..... are part of me and this is just funkiness you know, just groove and just thinks that make you feel good, and i'll always thanks ja for that, for making me feel high and good because of his sounds.holla

D-block fan
01-19-2008, 02:02 PM
Will Smith brought me into rap

AdX
01-19-2008, 04:41 PM
50 Cent & The G-Unit ;)

$aba
01-19-2008, 07:05 PM
Bone thugs n harmony ,Ja Rule,eazy e

relentless
01-19-2008, 10:06 PM
its amazing how many people came up on bone thugs. you wouldnt think it though, would you? lol how did they have such a strong influence when they were never really that big to begin with?

elcuppan
01-20-2008, 12:34 PM
oh yeah will smith too.........:)

$aba
01-20-2008, 03:10 PM
its amazing how many people came up on bone thugs. you wouldnt think it though, would you? lol how did they have such a strong influence when they were never really that big to begin with?

i liked there style and sound (bizzy and kazy was my favs rapper)

FuckThePolice
01-21-2008, 10:04 PM
true that, i completely excluded Will Smith while hes obviously the first hip hop icon i've ever looked up to.

Artemis
01-22-2008, 11:06 PM
2Pac...I was like ten years old and my Daddy had just died and his music,his lyrics,really helped me to cope with that shit.I know it sounds odd,but still to this day when I', having a rough time I can put on a pair of headphones and blast 2Pacalypse Now or something into my brain,and the world is a better place. :)

FranchizeTheKid
01-23-2008, 12:42 AM
Naughty By Nature(Album With OPP On It)
iLLmatic

Listened To Those Joints In '00 When I First Started Liking Music And Never Turned Back

Redd
01-23-2008, 01:55 AM
i dont think it was a hip hop artist that got me into hip hop. i think i realised how much i disliked most of the other genres of music.

i think nwa was the first hip hop music i remember hearing. first album i cared enough about to buy (rather than getting a pirate copy) was one of ja rule's, i cant remember which one. it wasnt vvv though.

murder1705
01-23-2008, 07:52 AM
I got into hiphop when Rule 3:36 came out i used to bump that daily and then it just kept spreading

DeReK I.N.C
01-24-2008, 12:58 AM
Soulja Boy got me into hip hop HAHAHAHAHAHAHA nah joks lol. Had to be 2pac my brother would always pump his albumes, i was singing along to Wonder why theye call u bitch when i was like 10 love that song.

Moist Murderer
01-25-2008, 10:40 AM
Kinda Eminem, then my bro got 2001, heard Xzibit on it, then Ja Rule all da way