PDA

View Full Version : DMX To Pay $1.5M In Defamation Case

Nickz
01-16-2008, 04:02 AM
DMX was ordered to pay $1.5 million after missing a court date over a defamation case in Baltimore.

Monique Wayne, the mother of DMX’s son, sued the Yonkers rapper for defamation of character in October 2006, after DMX told Sister2Sister magazine that she raped him while he was asleep in a hotel sometime in 2003.

“She raped me,” DMX was quoted in the article. “DNA says it is [my child]. I don’t know. If I did [have sex with her], I would remember. It ain’t like she’s a pretty girl.”

Wayne first claimed that DMX fathered her son in 2004 after the two met in a nightclub.

When a paternity test confirmed that he was the father, DMX was ordered to pay $5,000 a month in child support.

Wayne’s mother, sister, and a psychologist testified on her behalf last week, claiming that DMX’s allegations were false and slanderous.

After DMX failed to show up in court, a judge ordered him to pay $1 million in punitive damages and $518,000 in compensatory damages.

SOURCE: http://www.nobodysmiling.com/hiphop/news/88539.php

Marcus13
01-16-2008, 08:42 PM
You not gonna show up over a million? I know this dude aint got too many millions left

tjjohnson
01-17-2008, 01:03 AM
X should just gone head and pay the woman.