PDA

View Full Version : just a couple from me

Artemis
09-23-2007, 01:17 PM
I didn't know we had a poetry corner wahoooo!! I write a lot of poetry and am working on publishing my first collection of previously published works. :D Here's a couple of mine...

"Won't Go Away"
These feelings Iíve harbored for years now, are once again resurfacing.
Stronger than ever now, and they are ever so overwhelming.

Itís like I have fallen in love all over again, and for the very first time.
Even though Iíve not seen you for a long while, you have invaded my mind.

I cannot control these thoughts, these emotions I feel.
Amazing how long they have lasted, itís almost surreal.

But what is real is that I love youÖstill.
This is nothing that I have power over, it is not of my conscious will.

But why stop a feeling of pure and undeniable bliss?
This is something I neither can nor will dismiss.

No matter the times youíve turned away from me.
I shall keep on loving you, faithfully."

"Cold Soul"
Look inside the evil darkness at my empty soul.
See the angry flames of suffering that flicker in this hole.
Reflect upon the painful memories of my past, a living hell.
Listen, as Lucifer is always whispering "Is your soul for sale?"
Can you vision the hatred,dancing in my eyes?
With happy times and joy this soul has no ties.
I am torchered by every minute of every agonizing day.
Waiting for sleep and rest, my mind waits at bay.
Yet there is no sleep for a restless soul.
No escape, from a world gone so harsh and cold.
When I am gone,dead to this world,my soul shall rest...
Maybe not in peace,but away from this mess.

So there you have it.Hope you enjoyed.My book will come out about Christmas time if anyone would like a copy let me know :D Ciao!

MB Rule
09-23-2007, 01:36 PM
:eazy:

these were great Art you already know I will buy the book when it comes out.

Chopz
09-23-2007, 02:31 PM
Nice exhibit of your skills here... The poems were different in the ways that they were structured and to me the type of emotion that was put into them.. And both were good.. However, I prefer the second poem as I feel that the structure helps you to read it at a steadier pace... I liked your style of writing the poems and I think that if you wrote a book, Like I was going to :(.. Lol... Then it would be a very good one.

Hostile
09-24-2007, 03:11 PM
Those were sick. Felt both of em deep. Reminds me of how my life is going...Unfortunately.

FranchizeTheKid
09-24-2007, 03:15 PM
Nice exhibit of your skills here... The poems were different in the ways that they were structured and to me the type of emotion that was put into them.. And both were good.. However, I prefer the second poem as I feel that the structure helps you to read it at a steadier pace... I liked your style of writing the poems and I think that if you wrote a book, Like I was going to :(.. Lol... Then it would be a very good one.

Fuck A Pre Order, I Got Your Book On Free Order Son!!!

His Book And Joe Budden's Album Gonna Drop The Same Day Lol :(

Flash
09-24-2007, 03:56 PM
yeah i would like a copy too

Artemis
09-24-2007, 05:56 PM
Aww ty guys!!! :) I have poems published but nothing more than two at a time,so this will be my first collection.I have a myspace for it,but it still needs a lot of work and I am working on the book more than the myspace,but MIO will get first dibs lol!! :) Y'all my fam. Anyways,"Midnight's Fury" will be on sale this holiday season :D

think I'll post a Villanelle next,for those of u who know what they are.

Thank you all again very much for the support.

Summer_heat
10-04-2007, 03:00 PM
my mate got her poems published into a book, n even if u dont sell much, theres a nice feelin of havin ur poems published, cos u must be good enuff to sell them!

was feelin the poems, i like the emotions, they came out nice n strong, keep at it girl, hope to read more from ya

tjjohnson
10-30-2007, 11:27 PM
Pretty good

Artemis
01-24-2008, 03:24 AM
Thought I'd let y'all know,for whoever is interested,that my first book will be released soon by AuthorHouse Publishing.(authorhouse.com) The title is "Midnight's Fury".Its been a work of progress for a very long time,and it's fiiiiinally almost done!!!

P.S.MUCH thanks to my good friend Bond whom without his help and friendship this would never hit the shelves!!

Chopz
01-24-2008, 10:46 PM
That's excellent, congratulations.. Hope you sell well and even if you don't you still need to think about it.. You're being published, I really want that feeling as well lol... Anyways hope you do well with it?

Just a question though, how many poems have you got in there?

Artemis
01-25-2008, 01:13 AM
Well ty!!!! There are about fortysome poems in this edition.Just a small table top book to start with.My next one will be much larger and hopefully with a bigger press,but right now I couldn't care less,I am just happy to be getting it out there!! Ty very much for the support!!

damurderous
01-25-2008, 10:53 AM
some good stuff got a lot of feeling in there your talented

ALEXE
01-25-2008, 11:44 AM
hey, what can I say? the poems are quite impressive
I like your style and I love the topics and the way you displayed them
good vocab too, but hell, since you're being published, I'm not one to say all this, bet you already know it :P
congratulations on your book deal, I hope you get noticed by the high society of poetry around there. keep it up!

Summer_heat
02-02-2008, 09:19 PM
nice one, would buy it, but i dont do online shoppin, but good luck on it!