PDA

View Full Version : Queen Latifah Plans A Return To Rap Music

relentless
09-23-2007, 10:10 AM
http://www.nobodysmiling.com/hiphop/news/87902.php

Artemis
09-23-2007, 12:40 PM
oh my.can we boycott this or something lol? She should stick to what she is GOOD at-ACTING.You can't act like a good music artist,it just doesn't work that way.Anyways,it's just my opinion.Thanks for the heads up,I'll make sure to steer clear of record stores that day. :D

Gangstafied
09-23-2007, 01:02 PM
who cares?lol

kayitosway954
09-23-2007, 05:21 PM
I have never listened 2 a Queen Latifah

relentless
09-23-2007, 08:43 PM
oh my.can we boycott this or something lol? She should stick to what she is GOOD at-ACTING.You can't act like a good music artist,it just doesn't work that way.Anyways,it's just my opinion.Thanks for the heads up,I'll make sure to steer clear of record stores that day. :D

actually, queen latifah is one of the best female rappers ever. go back to her early work, she was very good. similar to lauryn in the sense they were both very Afrocentric and woman of high integrity. she was rapping before she was acting, she just moved on to other things

kayitosway954
09-23-2007, 11:07 PM
Ill check her out some day. Its funny, she prob one tha only old school artists who is known and I havent listened 2 her music...

On that note, I can name a few good artists and actors... For one, Mos Def, he was acting before he picked up tha mic (Before he was Tha Boogie Man, he was Dante on Tha Cosby Mysteries)

Please reply 2 me and tell me his performance in "16 Blocks" wasnt good.

Gangstafied
09-24-2007, 03:03 AM
yo seraph don't even compare queen latifah with lauryn hill lol, queen latifah is aight she dropped a couple decent tracks back in the days but one of the best female rappers lolol don't exagerate, and she isn't even close when it comes to lauryn lol but i'm only talking about actual skill cause If y'all don't know Queen Latifah was one of the first to demand self-respect and gender equality in hip-hop, and tha shit is important, but when talking about skill she's nothin to go crazy about....she's def not in the top 5 female rappers when it comes to skill

relentless
09-24-2007, 08:06 AM
^skill maybe not, but i liken her role in hip hop to will smith. she brought a lot of intangible stuff to the betterment of hip hop. without her, there may not have been a lauryn (all skill aside)

POC Was Here
09-24-2007, 05:07 PM
16 Blocks is the shit!

Artemis
09-24-2007, 05:32 PM
Lol please don't liken her to Lauren.She ain't got nothing on Lauren.And like I said before,it's just my opinion,but she never even really had a hit!! How is that making major contributions to hip-hop,besides the gender thing? I dunno,I just don't think she is important to hip-hop's past,present or future.

kayitosway954
09-24-2007, 07:15 PM
16 Blocks is the shit!

Werd, Ima watch it right now haha. So many great quotes and lines from that shit.

lokivvv2
09-27-2007, 03:07 PM
this aint gonna work. she's a rap pioneer and i like her but she should stick to singing and acting.

elcuppan
09-27-2007, 03:19 PM
Ill check her out some day. Its funny, she prob one tha only old school artists who is known and I havent listened 2 her music...

On that note, I can name a few good artists and actors... For one, Mos Def, he was acting before he picked up tha mic (Before he was Tha Boogie Man, he was Dante on Tha Cosby Mysteries)

Please reply 2 me and tell me his performance in "16 Blocks" wasnt good.

i really enjoyed 16 blocks....its one of the few films i can say i did...and mos def's performance was great ,any fool could tell u dat...dont let ahmed tell u any different!!!

btw u ever check the alternate ending to the film???

kayitosway954
09-27-2007, 10:43 PM
i really enjoyed 16 blocks....its one of the few films i can say i did...and mos def's performance was great ,any fool could tell u dat...dont let ahmed tell u any different!!!

btw u ever check the alternate ending to the film???

Werd, I loved that shit, and tha ending was tha shit. Like I said, alotta quotes, alotta! People hated Mos Def in that movie, they were like "his voice is annoyin as hell" and Im like "thats how he was suppose 2 be"

Luda was originally offered tha part.