PDA

View Full Version : Apple Release New Ipod "Touch" and Ipod "Classic"

Dermo
09-06-2007, 03:56 PM
IPOD TOUCH

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/04/IPod_Touch.jpg/300px-IPod_Touch.jpg http://blogs.sohh.com/official/img/ipod_6gen_3.jpg

Apple Inc. (AAPL.O) Chief Executive Steve Jobs unveiled on Wednesday an iPod with a touch screen that can browse the Internet wirelessly, fighting to maintain the digital media lead at a time when the company faces renewed attacks from rivals.

Jobs, who also showed off an iPod nano with a video screen, said the company plans to refresh its entire line of music players. In addition, Apple's iTunes Web music store will begin selling songs over wireless connections, he said.

Shares dropped about 2 percent as Jobs continued to introduce new products at an event in San Francisco.

"Buy the anticipation and sell the reality. I guess investors were anticipating something more positive from Apple," said Paul Foster, options strategist at Web information site theflyonthewall.com in Chicago.

The new touch-screen iPod will have many of the features of Apple's hit iPhone, including a touch screen, the ability to connect to the Internet wirelessly using Wi-Fi technology, and a mini Web browser.

"We've built in Wi-Fi and we've made it usable," Jobs said, in what could be seen as a dig at Microsoft Corp's (MSFT.O) Zune music player, which beat the iPod to market with Wi-Fi but has not enjoyed the iPod's popularity.

Apple will also update its iTunes online music store to let customers turn songs into ringtones for the iPhone and to allow customers to buy songs while connected wirelessly.

Price
The 8 GB model is $299
The 16 GB model is $399
Will come out September 28, 2007

Features
Screen size: 8.9 cm (3.5 in)
Screen resolution: 480320 pixels at 163 ppi
Input method: Multi-touch screen interface
Operating System: Darwin OS X
Storage: 8 or 16 GB Flash memory
Wi-Fi (802.11g)
Battery Life: Built-in rechargeable, non-removable battery with up to 5 hours of video playback, and up to 22 hours of audio playback
Size: 11061.88 mm (4.32.40.31 in)
Weight: 120 g (4.2 oz)

Package contents
iPod touch
Stereo earphones
Dock adapter
Dock connector to USB cable
Cleaning/polishing cloth
Quick Start guide
Stand

IPOD CLASSIC

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/3e/IPod_Classic.jpg/300px-IPod_Classic.jpg

The iPod classic is the sixth generation continuation of Apple Inc.'s original iPod digital audio player. It was announced with a host of other iPod products at Apple's Special Event on September 5, 2007. It utilizes a new user interface which includes the Cover Flow feature.

There are two different iPod classic models: 80 GB and 160 GB, for US$249 and US$349, respectively. Both models have a new anodized metal design.

With 80GB or 160GB of storage,1 iPod classic gives your music and video room to move. It also has plenty of energy (up to 40 hours of audio playback), good looks (a sleek, all-metal design), and a great personality (a brand-new interface with Cover Flow). In other words, iPod classic makes an ideal companion. Why not get to know it better?

Manufacturer Apple Inc.
Type Portable media player / Digital audio player
Release date September 5, 2007
Connectivity USB 2.0
FireWire (charging only)
Retail availability 2007-present
Media AAC, AIFF, H.264, MP3, MP4, QuickTime, WAV
Input Click wheel and hold switch
Storage capacity 80 & 160 GB
hard disk
Display 320x240, 2.5" in diagonal
Online service iTunes Store
Dimensions 80 GB model:
103.5x61.8x10.5 mm 140 grams
160 GB model:
103.5x61.8x13.5 mm 162 grams

Marcus13
09-06-2007, 07:24 PM
looks tight, but i dont think ill put 300 out for it

relentless
09-06-2007, 10:51 PM
the ipod touch is blah. the iphone is blah. and this is just playing off the iphones features. both are overrated, and those new nanos are pointless. why would you want a nano that can play video? just get a normal ipod, its only gonna cost u about 150 more, and you get about 15 more gig, plus a bigger screen. apple is oversaturating the market

FranchizeTheKid
09-07-2007, 12:04 AM
I'll Snatch One At School

Marcus13
09-07-2007, 12:26 AM

if you can copp a second one, PM me, we'll talk buisness

Montana
09-08-2007, 07:34 AM

Thats Fucked Up Lol... I Thought U Wer Upperclass U Can Afford 1.