PDA

View Full Version : Audio help!?

thaincfan
09-05-2007, 09:37 AM
I don't know how to write lyrics to a instrumental or a beat...

-_- its so difficult for me. I listen to the beat over and over but i still can't seem to get it....

so....ah yeah...

Nickolai
09-05-2007, 09:39 AM
One Way Yu Could Do It Is Just Listen To The Beat And Start Doin Lil Freestyles To It To Catch A Flow

Works For Me

MB Rule
09-05-2007, 09:42 AM
its not too difficult, just find where each bar ends, sometimes you can tell by a snare or something else depending on beat. My advice listen closely to some tracks by artists and you will be able to hear it. If you put the song on and put headphones on while listening to the song you'll be able to hear better and see how they do it, I don't really know any other good way of explaining or helping. Hopefully this helped a bit.

MAW
09-05-2007, 10:15 AM
i wrote a text one time and it matched the beat perfect..haha...must be a coincidence...and yeh i would follow Nick's and Rule's advices...pretty helpful

FuckThePolice
09-05-2007, 11:10 AM
MB Rule is right. You gotta follow the beat, the rythm. Fuck the piano rolls for now, forget the synths forget every other sound. Focus on the drum pattern, listen to it carefully, find out when it repeats itself. Once you came the point where you can predict which drum sound is next, you should be able to conclude when a bar (a line, a rhyme) ends. watch your syllables (spelling? ahh fuck it) aswell when crafting a bar.

If you need more help just ask, we can go into more details.

D.M.A.
09-05-2007, 12:08 PM
its diff wayz to go about it,u may wanna start off freestylin to the beat to find ur flow.Then pick out what u write 2(the drums/melody/hi hats etc)then focus on writin to that.

Its best to write to the drums cause u can never go wrong when writin bars,but sum may switch the flow and flip it to other parts of the beat.

I agree wit a earlier post of puttin on headphones to bump the beat,its definitely easier to vibe more.

But I'd say try to ride the drums the snare hits on 2/4 so its easier to count ur bars etc...

LOC
09-05-2007, 04:20 PM
mmm...all good theories from my fellow MIO members...but sum ppl have it sum ppl don't...first time i ever wrote to a beat...i flowed like a mutha fuka...and i wasnt tryna do audio back then...

Sum ppl jus born with a good ear...if u have to work on it tho listen to the drum and base line more than nething else...all the other shit is jus filler and shuld fall into place with ur rhymes...coz all the other instruments are playin with the rhymthm of the drum pattern.

Cap
09-05-2007, 05:01 PM
MB Rule is right. You gotta follow the beat, the rythm. Fuck the piano rolls for now, forget the synths forget every other sound. Focus on the drum pattern, listen to it carefully, find out when it repeats itself. Once you came the point where you can predict which drum sound is next, you should be able to conclude when a bar (a line, a rhyme) ends. watch your syllables (spelling? ahh fuck it) aswell when crafting a bar.

If you need more help just ask, we can go into more details.

Word, Follow The Drums

thaincfan
09-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Oh thanks peeps.
This helped me alot.
I always followed the drum but whenever i read like ja rules or whomevers lyrics, its like there bar lengths looks different LOL
Oh well. Ill just stick to simplicity first.

Thanks

Sparx
09-05-2007, 10:02 PM
Oh thanks peeps.
This helped me alot.
I always followed the drum but whenever i read like ja rules or whomevers lyrics, its like there bar lengths looks different LOL
Oh well. Ill just stick to simplicity first.

Thanks

in terms of developing/learning a flow bar length is irrellevant, and looking at them wont help... cuz...

you can have:

I flip a clip into a punk bitch then bounce in the six cuervo touching my lips as i run thru your girls shit...

or you can have...

I flip a clip
into a punk bitch
then bounce in the six
cuervo touching my lips
as i run thru your girls shit....

they both flow... but are written completely different.... so u cant always go by written words...

thaincfan
09-06-2007, 12:37 AM
serious? so i can just write a pretty long length bar and still rap to the drums?

FuckThePolice
09-06-2007, 01:30 PM
as long as your carefull about the rythm and syllables (shit i really dont know how to spell that word). I remember Jadakiss wrote a long ass bar once, yet it flowed cause he made sure it followed the rythm, it went like this:

I will play a song for you //
And you will let me know exactly how the ladies will respond from a womens point of view //

see? even though it was a long ass rhyme he had to cut the first line of the bar real short to fit in the drum pattern and make sure it flowed with his last line, which was real long.

if you cant follow the rythm on a certain instrumental, dont get discouraged, get yourself another beat to flow to. im 100% sure all you need is practice on other beats and you will overcome this small problem.

Cap
09-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Read My Texts, You'll Learn Flow

POC Was Here
09-06-2007, 04:35 PM
The Drums Are The Path To What You Seek........

Sparx
09-06-2007, 06:04 PM
The Drums Are The Path To What You Seek........

unless theres a bar along the way, in which case POC wont make it to the drums

Cap
09-06-2007, 07:59 PM

Get Your Bitch Ass On MSN

thaincfan
09-06-2007, 10:53 PM
as long as your carefull about the rythm and syllables (shit i really dont know how to spell that word). I remember Jadakiss wrote a long ass bar once, yet it flowed cause he made sure it followed the rythm, it went like this:

I will play a song for you //
And you will let me know exactly how the ladies will respond from a womens point of view //

see? even though it was a long ass rhyme he had to cut the first line of the bar real short to fit in the drum pattern and make sure it flowed with his last line, which was real long.

if you cant follow the rythm on a certain instrumental, dont get discouraged, get yourself another beat to flow to. im 100% sure all you need is practice on other beats and you will overcome this small problem.

Thanks for the breakdown
I sort of got an idea now =]

POC Was Here
09-07-2007, 05:41 PM

I hate you and your sonning ways.