PDA

View Full Version : Tha ignorance of people who diss Will Smith, etc...

kayitosway954
08-26-2007, 01:48 PM
Cuz they dont curse, their wack? Tha fuck? I was listenin 2 Brand New Funk on my IPOD, and one my boys friends asked me wha I was listenin 2, so I tell him "Jazzy Jeff and Tha Fresh Prince" and tha dude starts crackin up, and goes on a rant how Will aint Hip Hop, and that real artists curse. Dude is a bitch. He thinks Busta's a G for driving around on a suspended license and whenever I try and show that is favorite rapper (Eminem) has had his ass handed 2 him many battles, like tha Rhymefest battle, he goes "Whos Rhymefest? Wait, he's cool with Kanye West? And he beat Eminem? Oh, he dont count, cuz thats when Em was startin out and Kanye a faggot, so Rhymefest a faggot 2"

besides that fact, I wanna see who here knows that rappers/emcees/artists can still be good with out even using tha word damn.

Marcus13
08-26-2007, 02:28 PM
Rhymefest's album was crack. And Cham said he aint finna swear on his next album either

Nickolai
08-26-2007, 02:30 PM
Most Of The Time Cursin In Tracks Are Just Word Filler Cuz They Probz Find It Hard To Rap

Montana
08-26-2007, 02:51 PM
Cursin' Isnt All Bad Sometimes Its Gd And Sometimes Its 2 Let Out Emotions And Shit,, But I Defo Agree Wit U Lando Sayin That Itz Stupid Dissin Rappers Who Don't Swear....

kayitosway954
08-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Werd, but some rappers just curse cuz they dont kno wha 2 say, like my brother Ca$e, he says fuckin bout every two bars cuz he dont kno wha 2 say before then, and thats wha I try 2 help him with.

I aint sayin not to curse, I just find it retarded and ignorant not 2 listen 2 someone cuz they dont curse.

LOC
08-26-2007, 05:49 PM
agree100% ...but i dont like Will Smith (Becoz he doesnt swear and is a goody good) he acts like hes better than every1 else...dats wat annoys me.

The Illustrious One
08-26-2007, 05:52 PM
Will Smith is a dope actor.

kayitosway954
08-26-2007, 05:55 PM
Goofy, yea, but acts better than everyone? I dont kno wha you mean.

kayitosway954
08-26-2007, 05:55 PM
Will Smith is a dope actor.

And if you took time 2 listen 2 his music, you'd know he's a bette rapper.

FranchizeTheKid
08-26-2007, 05:59 PM
The Edited Version Of "Play" By David Banner Was Better Than The Dirty One!!!

The Illustrious One
08-26-2007, 05:59 PM

i heard his shit.

but i only bought one will smith album, lost and found.. shit is tight. i swear.

LOC
08-26-2007, 06:21 PM

He has a holier than thou attitude is wat i mean. he thinks hes sumhow better than others coz he doesnt swear or rap about drugs...doesnt make him better jus different.

He may of smashed Eminem (but he made a whole diss to Em) Em only had 1 line..."Well Will Smith don't gotta cuss in his raps 2 sell records, well i do, so fuck him and fuck you too" and dats a dope line. When accepted his award he sed "I won this without rappin about violence, or swearing blah blah" like dats makes him special. theres alot of rappaz who have done albums without swearin.

And on Oprah lol...he was complaining about when he went to Africa (While fimling Ali) He saw biggies and tupacs name on a shack. Startd talkin shit like i don't want ppl to think African Americans are like them and shit (imo he's jealous of Jada's and Pacs relationship lol and that no1 wuld ever write his name on a lil shack lol).

He thinks hes the SHIT...and hes really not.

He is a very good actor (but far from the best actor), a good rapper (but far from the best)

D-block fan
08-26-2007, 06:36 PM
Eminem has some of the best catolgs out. ok so he made ONE wack album. The Eminem Show was a different sound which was good. most people call it a great album. so other then that. he's still extreamly good. he hasn't even made another album since Encore. so no one can say he's fallen off until he makes another and if it sucks. and when it comes to subject matter. Eminem>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(CONTINUES ARROWS) will smith

LOC
08-26-2007, 07:24 PM
I agree...but still ive neva liked any of Ems music...lyrically i liked a few tracks from Shady LP and Marshal Mathers LP...One mayb 2 on Eminem Show...since then tho can't stand his music...

kayitosway954
08-26-2007, 07:38 PM
The Edited Version Of "Play" By David Banner Was Better Than The Dirty One!!!

Werd, same with Whisper Song by Ying Yang Twins.

But whether he's jealous or cocky, his music is dope.

k_kiss
08-26-2007, 08:05 PM
smh at people who think cursing defines hiphop....

relentless
08-27-2007, 01:21 AM
cursing is unnecessary filler (unless used for emotive purposes). oh and will smith is a hip hop legend.

Vinnie
08-27-2007, 05:20 AM
Will Smith is good, i like his music.

Btw ja was few years back in some uk show, so he had to do freestyle, but cause it was somekind of family show or something, host said that he cant use curse words...

so ja did his thing, and he said it by himself "man you killin' me without curse words"...
i think curse words belong to hiphop, in some way.

Mpire4Life
08-27-2007, 05:55 PM
finally sum1 says the same thing im sayin!!!! if i can thank orlandos topic a thousand times a would....i say the same thing, rappin aint all bout cursin and sumtimes it seems to me like cursin stops u from showin and usin ur creativity, and i dropped my mixtape with no cursin for a reason!!!! not becuz omg its bad and i dont think i should do it, fuck that, i dont give a shit, i say what i wanna say, and the last time i checked i dont think music had restrictions on it, well anywayz i wanted to show ppl that im not just like any other rapper thats just curses a raps about the same things, i wanted to show ppl that i have creativity in music and i can write music beyond then just rappin "fuck a nigga hit him wit tha fuckin gloc"....i mean aint nuttin wrong wit gangsta rap but i wanted to show ppl im more than that

LOC
08-27-2007, 06:48 PM
i don't know why its a big deal...rap is rap, cursin or no cursin...doesnt make u the man if u don't and it doesnt mean ur non creative if you do lol...cannibus, crooked I, ras kass, meth, redman, big L, pac, jayz, biggie, pun and the list can go on forever all swear...and they arent creatvie? fuck outta here.

If u don't wana swear good for you (but same time it doesnt prove much to me about u bein a better mc compared to sum1 who does) i don't think ppl dislike will coz he don't swear, jus coz hes hollywood.

wudeva123
08-27-2007, 07:07 PM
cursing is unnecessary filler (unless used for emotive purposes). oh and will smith is a hip hop legend.

wudnt say hes a legend......

thaincfan
08-27-2007, 09:06 PM
cursing is stupid just ruins the songs

kayitosway954
08-27-2007, 09:13 PM
wudnt say hes a legend......

Him and Jeff played a big role in Hip Hop

relentless
08-27-2007, 09:16 PM
extremely big. you cant overlook all the exposure they brought, and all the accolades that nobody thought hip hop artists could get.

kayitosway954
08-27-2007, 09:17 PM
i don't know why its a big deal...rap is rap, cursin or no cursin...doesnt make u the man if u don't and it doesnt mean ur non creative if you do lol...cannibus, crooked I, ras kass, meth, redman, big L, pac, jayz, biggie, pun and the list can go on forever all swear...and they arent creatvie? fuck outta here.

If u don't wana swear good for you (but same time it doesnt prove much to me about u bein a better mc compared to sum1 who does) i don't think ppl dislike will coz he don't swear, jus coz hes hollywood.

Haha Werd, I dont mean rappers that curse arent creative, but I mean, people should respect emcees that choose not 2, it doesnt mean ones better than tha other, Common curses, Will dont, whos tha better emcee? Common of course, but I still aint gonna disrespect Will, feel me? And you kno Ima big Ras Kass, Crooked I, Canibus, Method & Red, and Big Pun fan. I like Pac, Big L, Hov, and BIG too, but I dont think tha others are as recognized, for instance, when Ras Kass was beefin with Tha Game, no one had a clue of who tha fuck Ras Kass was (ex: Ahmed!)

wudeva123
08-28-2007, 12:41 AM
extremely big. you cant overlook all the exposure they brought, and all the accolades that nobody thought hip hop artists could get.

its true if you look at it that way but as mcs there smhhh. Its like wen ppl say jkay-z is a legend i find it like well ya he brought exposure but as an mc hes just smhh

venni vetti vecci
08-28-2007, 01:49 AM
I like the reply Will Smith gave to Eminem. The songs "Mr. Nice Guy" off the "Lost & Found" album.

"Dissed by Eminem but did it bother him (yup)
But he classy, Big Will just get another 20 mil
And walk right pass E."

It's not about weather cursing is right or wrong in hip hop it's about what's hot.
100 swear words in a song or 0 if it's hot I'ma play it.
I would never give less respect to a rapper for not swearing in his or her songs or vice versa.

elcuppan
08-28-2007, 09:58 AM
will smith is a legend...one of the first rappers i listened to.......

people just hate him cause he went mainstream...without cursin....he opend doors fo dudes like..even curtis.

him and jeff are lengends...its a same that jeff gets mo respect though.

i like most of will's shit,even though he's cocky...he's also a good actor

thaincfan
08-28-2007, 11:05 AM
I didnt know Will was cocky LOL

Mpire4Life
08-28-2007, 11:17 AM

ill prolly used didnt be specific wit creativity statement, but yeah ur write they were creative indeed, but if you can do a whole album wit no cursin it shows how more creativity u have

kayitosway954
08-28-2007, 12:10 PM
Jeff's new album is fuckin iLL. I love tha "Brand New Funk 2K7" with Peedie Crakk

D-block fan
08-28-2007, 10:57 PM
I like the reply Will Smith gave to Eminem. The songs "Mr. Nice Guy" off the "Lost & Found" album.

"Dissed by Eminem but did it bother him (yup)
But he classy, Big Will just get another 20 mil
And walk right pass E."

It's not about weather cursing is right or wrong in hip hop it's about what's hot.
100 swear words in a song or 0 if it's hot I'ma play it.
I would never give less respect to a rapper for not swearing in his or her songs or vice versa.

yeah and it took 6 years for him to respond to two bars.

venni vetti vecci
08-29-2007, 02:56 AM
I agree that it took a while.
If Will felt he needed to adress the situation it should have been on his 2002 album "Born To Reign".
But needless to say I liked the line no matter how long it took to come out.