PDA

View Full Version : So Why do YOU Like Ja Rule?

buddhachoi
08-23-2007, 10:56 PM
Now we all know Ja isn't the best lyricist, but we all have our reasons for liking the dude... What's yours?

Ill start...
Man's flow is insane... he brings so much energy to each track he is on... he seems to have his head on straight, doing alot of charity work and shit... he is maddd underrated, not getting half the props he deserves

Marcus13
08-23-2007, 11:03 PM
its tha heart he has on tracks. His lyrics themselves may not always be thurr but the content often is

kayitosway954
08-23-2007, 11:08 PM
He's got subject matter, substance, he can be lyrical if he wants, but other than that, his shits full of energy and passion, and I cant help but not 2 give 'em respect.

relentless
08-23-2007, 11:09 PM
there are many reasons. like u said, he isnt the best lyricist or anything like that, but he has an x factor about him. personally, wherever rule was at in his career and the records he was making, ive been able to relate it to my life in some way (i know some other people here are like that). his energy and passion for the music is there, and thats what i give him props for. a lot of these 'artists' these days dont have any feeling in their work, its like an equation to them (do this and you will get that). dudes a risk taker too, he aint afraid to be who he is. thats a very rare thing even outside the music industry. he was also hated on a lot and misunderstood. to me, i see more in a person when they are walking through the line of fire, than someone who is on top. rule carried himself well, and around the blood in my eye mark was when i really started to listen to dudes music. always been a fan, but that drama period is when i got to see what kind of an artist and person he was.

Nickz
08-24-2007, 07:09 AM
The reasons that I like Ja Rule is:
1. His fine!
2. He got passion and energy in his songs
3. I like his lyrics, he can be lyricall..
4. Ja Rule is Ja Rule, what more can I say:)

sniper
08-24-2007, 07:44 AM
seraph basically covered my reasons.

MAW
08-24-2007, 08:19 AM
1. If he got deep songs...good lyrics
2. He got so many energy...his disstracks sound crazy
3. Flow
4. The voice that rips everything

yommie
08-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Yeah, the PASSION and ENERGY! everyone said that already.

What about the fact that he changed the game in a way? The style of Rap-singing? very catchy voice like that of a thug? (no homo). Back then, every track Ja's voice appered on was a hit simply cos Ja was on them tracks. It was as if no one ever did what he was doing back then. I grew up liking his music.

I didn't know am a die hard fan until all the hate and feds problems started.

murder1705
08-24-2007, 11:05 AM
The passion and energy he brings to each track and the singing on tracks which no matter how much rappers like 50 or others try they cant do as well and i like his voice overall and lyrics are pretty deep at times and lastly hes one of the rappers that can make an album that i can listen to open to close and not have to skip any tracks

elcuppan
08-24-2007, 11:06 AM
for me it was the passion and energy (like errbody said already..lol)
also the melodic style which he brought at the time,it reminded me of the old skool cats rnb/soul/funk/disco/street/hip hop/ shit.ya know dat platinum murda inc sound!!!lol....like no other..its y i luv the in-house producers (big shouts to top dawg productions...),that shit was lackin at the time...by pain is love he had formed his very own unique style.he just makes the type of music i can relate to,ya know....and he's a bullshitter type dude dats big headed.....ect.....seraph covered it well

itsssss murdderrr!!

also...dude has sum crrrrrrrazzzzzzy hooks!!
undeniable!!

Flash
08-24-2007, 11:14 AM
one reason:

NOBODY DOES IT LIKE R.U.L.E
THEY COOL BUT THEY AINT R.U.L.E

i think thats enough to be his fan!

Melle
08-24-2007, 12:51 PM
Hes uniqe( or however you spell it) and when i hear a track wich aint all taht good and rule is on it, its automatically better, he makes tracks better.. and yeah everything else already been said.

jaynice
08-24-2007, 01:21 PM
at first i wasnt too much on hip hop as a fan,then i start listening 50 and shit and the beef caught my attention and when i start listening to his rivals i find ja rule and i realize how bitch 50 was and the good rapper ja was, is and will be so afert that i dont know I like his mood on the songz if the song is soft he bring tha calm to the song even with his voice if the song is hard then hi bring the hard to the song
for me he is the complete mc

PaC3Y
08-24-2007, 07:44 PM
I first saw the video for 'Livin It Up' on tv here, from then on, i liked every single he put out. Then once I bought Ja's albums i was a permanent fan of his..and still am.

Mpire4Life
08-24-2007, 08:10 PM
hes a real artist, kinda hard to find an artist like that in the game now....and he is who he is and isnt afraid to say it, and seraph covered everything else

wudeva123
08-24-2007, 09:34 PM
umm his music is jus cool 2 chill 2 n party 2 it aint lyrical his flow aint grea butt his music is FUN. 1 of tha few mainstream artists i can stand lol

Redd
08-24-2007, 10:48 PM
1) he has an original tone of voice. if i hear him on a track, i automatically recognise him. i cant' tell the difference between half of these southern artists (not hatred towards the south, im just sayin).

2) he has real musical talent. he's written songs and made careers for artists, even those outside his genre like J-lo, mariah carey and christina milian.

3) he can use any track and work his flow to suit the track properly. "wonderful" and "uh oh" are good examples of this.

4) he can sing when the track requires it, and he didnt stop singing when people were hating on him for it.

5) he is a family man, happily married with children. i think its good to be able to show everyone that not all hip hop artists are amoral people who only sleep with groupies, or else they only have illigitimate children who they dont live with, regardless of whether they see them and pay child support or whatever.

6) hes a great performer on stage. you can't walk out of a ja rule concert dissatisfied.

7) lots of you say he isnt the BEST lyricist, but that doesn't mean hes not really good. possibly not so much on his party songs, but on the deeper ones like "where i'm from" the lyrics are very creative.

8) if hes gonna diss someone, whether on a track or just in an interview or something, he usually has something to back it up with. for example, that recent interview where he said "i'm 10x the MC he (50) is" he made reference to 50s shocking performance on BET where he forgot his own lyrics. 50's disses on the other hand mainly consist of "ja is pussy/sweet".