PDA

View Full Version : If you think MTV is wrong, give me your top 10 hottest MCs right now

relentless
08-15-2007, 02:49 AM
it has to be in recent times, within second half 06 until now. and this isnt a list of of your personal favourite MCs, or who u think is more lyrical, its whos the hottest 10. combination of style, skill, influence, appeal etc. 1 being the highest, 10 being the lowest.

10. Lupe Fiasco - The buzz for his first album was huge. Like kanye, hes appeal goes past rapping and into fashion and other things. Now that he has 2 new songs out, the buzz is slowly starting again.

9. Jay-Z - He stays jumping on remixes and his influence and appeal is still as strong as ever. as long as hes in the game he'll be up here.

8. Nas - Hip hop is dead. thats all that really needs to be said. The controversy sparked from that title is still being discussed right now.

7. Young Jeezy - This guy is on here basically for swagger and production. His music's easy listening that people will dance to. His songs get stuck in your head. Not the most skilled rapper though.

6. Common - People keep expecting common to raise the bar, and he does. Hes very consistent, and stays true to who he is. Sales are at an all time high for him also, his 1st number 1 album ever.

5. The Game - Like 50, hes built a strong following. Instead of trying to diss everyone though, hes trying to unite. One Blood Remix, nuff said.

4. T.I. - I dont like duke personally. I never saw why he was hot, but you cant deny his popularity.

3. 50 Cent - you dont have to like it. but for similar reasons to weezy, 50 stays in discussion. controversy is this mans appeal, and hate all u want but i get money and ayo technology are pretty good

2. Kanye West - Breaking down musical barriers, Mr. West has us guessing what he'll do next. Hes been remixing and jumping on tracks lately to get his name out there, but when his album drops its gonna be an event as always.

1. Lil' Wayne - hate it or love it, you cant enter any hip hop board without at least 5 weezy threads on the first page haha. his punches are either real good or totally miss, but he has swagger and is in demand.

Bluck
08-15-2007, 06:56 AM
^^ I agree, a lot of are missing the RIGHT NOW part and bitching about the list, but they are the hottest rappers atm, although not being a typical 50 hater, i think hes further down the list, but Ayo Technology and that joint with Ciara are pretty hot

MurdaNL
08-15-2007, 04:58 PM
where is ja on your list:(

LOC
08-15-2007, 06:32 PM
If the game was the same half those names wuldnt have been included...but i think they got it mo' or less right.

relentless
08-15-2007, 07:22 PM
where is ja on your list:(

how is ja one of the top 10 hottest mcs right now? cmon man.

Marcus13
08-15-2007, 08:19 PM
50 Cent and Young Jeezy are not MCs

FranchizeTheKid
08-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Kanye And NaS > Weezy

relentless
08-15-2007, 09:37 PM
50 Cent and Young Jeezy are not MCs

and how arent they MCs?

Marcus13
08-16-2007, 02:50 AM
An MC is at the capacity to teach whether it be in the styles and rhythms of rap or in the calm and collected everyday language. An MC can feed the masses knowledge, wisdom, understanding and overstands the words coming from him/her self.

A rapper is making words sound alike in the fashion of whether or not there is any true message or content.

The key point?

Rapper = shallow lyrics
MC = depth in lyrics

This is before taken into account the wordplay and intricacies involved...MCs inspire, lead and create new levels of communication, while rappers follow the status quo, trend and "make noise".

MCs know the plight of their communities and will address the minds towards a solution that uplifts us from a problem.

relentless
08-16-2007, 04:32 AM
An MC is at the capacity to teach whether it be in the styles and rhythms of rap or in the calm and collected everyday language. An MC can feed the masses knowledge, wisdom, understanding and overstands the words coming from him/her self.

A rapper is making words sound alike in the fashion of whether or not there is any true message or content.

The key point?

Rapper = shallow lyrics
MC = depth in lyrics

This is before taken into account the wordplay and intricacies involved...MCs inspire, lead and create new levels of communication, while rappers follow the status quo, trend and "make noise".

MCs know the plight of their communities and will address the minds towards a solution that uplifts us from a problem.

this is your version of what an MC is. to me it sounds like a bunch of nonsense that you tried to make sound credible. an MC in hip hop, is a rapper who can execute many of the elements (check out elements of an MC). it has nothing to do with depth of lyrics. you really think someone like too $hort or snoop dogg has a lot of depth to their lyrics? but they are still MCs. An MC is a master of Ceremonies, thats what it stands for. your basically saying, only trend setters, or people who push new ideas are MCs, while those who dont are not. if that were the case, then majority of these rappers wouldnt be MCs.

Marcus13
08-16-2007, 06:22 PM
By definition;

A Master of Ceremonies or MC (sometimes spelled emcee), sometimes called a compère or an MJ for "microphone jockey", is the host of an official public or private staged event or other performance. The MC usually presents performers, speaks to the audience, and generally keeps the event moving. The master of ceremonies sometimes also acts as the protocol officer during an official state function.

That doesnt even have anything to do with rapping

relentless
08-16-2007, 09:52 PM
^yeh it does. because depending on what u do, an MCs job varies. chris rock is an MC, but his job is to keep people laughing. a rapper MC has to have those skills like flow, lyrics, live performance, impact etc for them to be considered an MC of hip hop. if you dont have many of those elements that comprise a rapper MC, then your not going to be taken seriously as one.

Mpire4Life
08-16-2007, 10:53 PM
i already posted a thread like this already

Redd
08-17-2007, 11:12 AM

The key point?

Rapper = shallow lyrics
MC = depth in lyrics

im sorry, but i really cant take any of that seriously.
rapper= one who raps.
MC (in the context of hip hop)= also, one who raps.

not every artist is a great inspirational leader. and just because you want to make people dance rather than try and be deep, you shouldnt have to be called shallow just for that. no other genre of music would have a debate like this.

"An MC can feed the masses knowledge, wisdom, understanding and overstands the words coming from him/her self."...you do realise that many artists are quite uneducated and that all they have to keep them away from crime is their music right? like i need to be taught wisdom and knowledge from someone like that.

Flash
08-17-2007, 01:23 PM
The Game is not a top MC same as 50 cent

Baja_Ma_Dee
08-17-2007, 02:18 PM
either way none of them dudes have shit on Rakim

Hate it or luv it but Rakim can never drop another album again & he'll still be king

Unless he finally exepts Freddie Foxx's batter ofter. Rakim will still be king on all them

& Lil' Wayne will never be top MC.