PDA

View Full Version : Kanye shoots down debate

murder1705
08-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Kanye west and 50 Cent were supposed to debate on 106 the day that their albums came out but it looks like that wont happen:

(CBS) It looks like Kanye West will not accept the challenge to debate fellow rapper 50 Cent on the merits of their albums, both of which are set to be released on Sept. 11.

"I don't have beef with anyone," West said on MTV's TRL today, in response to a question by a reporter from the Associated Press. "What am I going to debate about? I'm going to go in the studio and make music. When I heard the thing about the debate, I thought that was the stupidest thing."

Appearing on BET's "106 & Park," 50 Cent told hosts Terrance J. and Rocsi he would take on West in a presidential-style debate live on the show in order to determine who has the best album. The debate would occur weeks before the release date, according to the Web site Hip Hop Elements.

"I accept the challenge," 50 Cent said. "Kanye, he's not going to want to show up. Just don't be asking me if I am a conscious rapper. I know exactly what I am saying so I am conscious."

The competition began when the release date for West's Def Jam/Universal album "Graduation" was moved up from Sept. 18. 50 Cent's album Interscope/Universal album "Curtis" was pushed back from Sept. 4, according to Hip Hop Elements.

50 Cent claimed that Def Jam president Jay-Z would back down and change West's release date, but Jay-Z told Billboard that he welcomed the competition.

"It's great for retail, the record business, the buying public [and] the Internet so they can have their debates on who's going to win," he said. "I have to bet on the home team. It's going to be a good fight, too."

West echoed the sentiments on MTV.

"With 50's album dropping and my album dropping on the same day, everybody wins because you get a lot of good music at the same time,
" he said on TRL.

Source:http://www.showbuzz.cbsnews.com/stor...n3142507.shtml

so what youre thoughts about this

FranchizeTheKid
08-09-2007, 12:57 PM
Kanye > 50

Close Thread

kayitosway954
08-09-2007, 04:15 PM
50's words may leave him into a war with not just Kayne, but G.O.O.D. & Tha Roc

sniper
08-09-2007, 04:18 PM
kanye still dropping the album on the same day.

Marcus13
08-09-2007, 05:51 PM
50 gon outsell him though and Im finna be pissed

venni vetti vecci
08-09-2007, 10:38 PM
Hope Kanye kills 5-0
Graduation seems like it'll be good from what i've heard so far.

relentless
08-09-2007, 11:29 PM
50 still isnt confident in his music to sell records, he has to have gimmicks like this. kanye said it best, just go in the studio and focus on making the best music.

The Illustrious One
08-10-2007, 12:52 AM
fuck this shit man.. i thought kanye was trying to get at him hard..

fuck kanye man.. dude is soft. no homo.

i mean, kanye is one cocky motherfucker, dude starts crying when he doesn't win an award and shit, you would think he would starts getting cocky with 5-0 but nooo..

he's suckin' 50's meat off. no homo.

murder1705
08-10-2007, 01:21 AM
The only song i like so far from graduation was cant tell me nothing from Curtis i like ayo technology and i get money and st8 to the bank

yommie
08-10-2007, 06:11 AM
Ye don't care about all these, it'll be funny to see ye outsell 50, that'll be the best thing in 07. It's obvious that ye's music is >> than 50's, so who cares about the sales anyways?

Marcus13
08-10-2007, 02:40 PM
Str8 to the Bank is the wackest shit I ever heard

Lexx_Luciano
08-10-2007, 02:47 PM
Support Kanye West Ya'll!!!!! Go Cop Dat Graduation If Ya'll Really Know What G.o.o.d Muzik Really Iz!!!:)

$tate
08-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Ahmed, I gotta agree with you man. Kanye always acts like he has 'balls' and tough, but 50 practically 'disses' him and he pussies out like a bitch. What he afraid that 50 is gonna end his career?? What happened to that big mouth of his...

D-block fan
08-11-2007, 01:51 AM
to be honest i like kanyes music but other then that i don't like him. i hate how when 50 beats him like hes his lapdog. Ye says "people should respect him"