PDA

View Full Version : Why would you want to be king of the south???

D-block fan
07-02-2007, 01:54 AM
Seriously. why would you want to be the king of the south. when you have all of these crap rappers. making shit music. i would never wanna call myself the king of the south.

kayitosway954
07-02-2007, 01:59 AM
Sorry, but this is stupid

D-block fan
07-02-2007, 02:05 AM
^^^can u honestly say u've never thought this??? seriously look at the list of shit rappers

TI
Jeezy
Wayne
Baby
Webbie
Paul Wall
Slim Thug

why would you want to be king of something that is destroying the hip hop industry

kayitosway954
07-02-2007, 02:15 AM
50 Cent
MIMS
Jim Jones
Juelz Santana
Tony Yayo
Cam'Ron
Prodigy
Ma$e
Foxy Brown
Lloyd Banks
40 Cal
Fat Joe

Wack Rappers Everywhere...

Lets be real, for every wack rapper up East, I could name a good emcee down South, and vice versa, and coast 2 coast.... Well, cant speak coast 2 coast on tha fact that only 2 rappers on tha West get played in tha East & South: Tha Game & Snoop

D-block fan
07-02-2007, 02:25 AM
50 Cent
MIMS
Jim Jones
Juelz Santana
Tony Yayo
Cam'Ron
Prodigy
Ma$e
Foxy Brown
Lloyd Banks
40 Cal
Fat Joe

Wack Rappers Everywhere...

Lets be real, for every wack rapper up East, I could name a good emcee down South, and vice versa, and coast 2 coast.... Well, cant speak coast 2 coast on tha fact that only 2 rappers on tha West get played in tha East & South: Tha Game & Snoop

outta those who really gets played though????
Jimmy-No
Juelz-No
Yayo-No
Cam-No
Banks-No
Prodigy-Nope
Mase-no
foxy-nah
40-nope

FranchizeTheKid
07-02-2007, 02:29 AM
King Of The South Is Important, It Proves You're Better Than The Rest Of The South(Which Isn't Hard At All) There's Shit Rappers Everywhere

Orlando, You Took It Too Far With 40 And Banks, Banks Is Still Kinda Good, And 40 Cal Is Dope As Fuck, It's Just I Feel Dipset's Kinda Holding Him Back

D-block fan
07-02-2007, 02:35 AM
King Of The South Is Important, It Proves You're Better Than The Rest Of The South(Which Isn't Hard At All) There's Shit Rappers Everywhere

Orlando, You Took It Too Far With 40 And Banks, Banks Is Still Kinda Good, And 40 Cal Is Dope As Fuck, It's Just I Feel Dipset's Kinda Holding Him Back

banks is what i call a "mix tape rapper" makes good mixtapes but not good albums. like average or barely below average albums. never really liked 40.

Well ok then. its not anything special to be the King of something that isn't hard to be king of.

kayitosway954
07-02-2007, 03:26 AM

I never liked Banks, and 40, well I think he just wack... I mean, I hate Dipset, but I listen 2 JR(reminds me of Old Cam) and S.A.S. Hell Rell drops a good track here and then... Sure, Dipset drops mixtapes every damn week, but if it delivering, why serve it?

And Juelz and Jimmy get mad airplay. Oh Yes/Clockwork and Ballin was on tha radios and TV stations

I Blame Tha Industry, Not Tha South.... If Tha Industry Didnt Make It So Eazy 4 Wack Rappers 2 Get Signed, They'd Step They Game Up, and maybe get a love 4 Hip Hop. Lupe Fiasco came up in tha age where Tha Industry would be like "nah" but he did wha he loved, Hip Hop, and still did what he did....

Tha West was once considered wack........

D-block fan
07-02-2007, 04:27 AM
I never liked Banks, and 40, well I think he just wack... I mean, I hate Dipset, but I listen 2 JR(reminds me of Old Cam) and S.A.S. Hell Rell drops a good track here and then... Sure, Dipset drops mixtapes every damn week, but if it delivering, why serve it?

And Juelz and Jimmy get mad airplay. Oh Yes/Clockwork and Ballin was on tha radios and TV stations

I Blame Tha Industry, Not Tha South.... If Tha Industry Didnt Make It So Eazy 4 Wack Rappers 2 Get Signed, They'd Step They Game Up, and maybe get a love 4 Hip Hop. Lupe Fiasco came up in tha age where Tha Industry would be like "nah" but he did wha he loved, Hip Hop, and still did what he did....

Tha West was once considered wack........

oh yes down here was played like 5 times in total when that album came out. ballin came in fast and left almost faster where i live. but where i live all i hear is the south

relentless
07-02-2007, 06:09 AM
there are good rappers in the south. youre just pointing out the mainstream ones (which some are good, not the best lyrically but still good at what they do). and like orlando said, theres a lot of dodgy rappers in every region.

BlackStar
07-02-2007, 06:47 AM
word! Why do we have such stupid shit everytime? All people who says the south fucks up or is wack has never listened to it! Why do I have to list up dope South artists everytime?

Scarface
Arrested Development
Timberland (or his bro Sebastian)
Missy Elliot
OutKast
Mystikal
David Banner
Juvenile
Ludacris
Three 6 Mafia

save this shit! I'm sick and tired to talk about such a topic! If you don't like the south...fine! But don't say they destroy the Hip Hop industry!

relentless
07-02-2007, 06:54 AM
UGK, Z-Ro, Trae, Chamillionaire etc etc

DJ-NICKEL
07-02-2007, 01:01 PM
word! Why do we have such stupid shit everytime? All people who says the south fucks up or is wack has never listened to it! Why do I have to list up dope South artists everytime?

Scarface
Arrested Development
Timberland (or his bro Sebastian)
Missy Elliot
OutKast
Mystikal
David Banner
Juvenile
Ludacris
Three 6 Mafia

save this shit! I'm sick and tired to talk about such a topic! If you don't like the south...fine! But don't say they destroy the Hip Hop industry!

Mysitkal the wildest act a fool rapper in th south.
there also Ludacris, and he lyrical too, not all the time, but he is.
there Crime mob,Bg, C-Murder, Pimp C,Lloyd, soulja slim-rip, some other that is the reason why i love south side rap more than east, west. sometime the East more, but only sometime.

kayitosway954
07-02-2007, 05:08 PM
I think Crime Mob is wack, and Lloyd is a singer.

I once had post naming about every dope rappers from tha South, but assholes had 2 act up so tha thread got deleted....

DJ-NICKEL
07-02-2007, 05:26 PM
I think Crime Mob is wack, and Lloyd is a singer.

I once had post naming about every dope rappers from tha South, but assholes had 2 act up so tha thread got deleted....

I remember that, i don't think crime mob is wack, they aint no mc from all the song i heard, but me being from the south i like to hear crunk music(no snap ya finger)but all the crunk song before people start saying south fucking up shit, so that would before year 2005, or 2004.

r.i.p- Soulja Slim

kayitosway954
07-02-2007, 05:36 PM
I dont mind crunk, like Petey Pablo, Ying Yang Twins, ya kno, cuz some these girls need some 2 shake they ass 2, but I just dont feel Crime Mob.

The Illustrious One
07-02-2007, 05:48 PM
There is a bunch of dope southern rappers, T.I., Lil' Wayne, Ludacris, and many more..

Chamillionaire is nice...

But there is also many many many wack ones too.

Being a KING alone is a huge thing... Of New York, Los Angeles, The South, it doesn't matter.. it's still BIG.

DJ-NICKEL
07-02-2007, 06:55 PM
I dont mind crunk, like Petey Pablo, Ying Yang Twins, ya kno, cuz some these girls need some 2 shake they ass 2, but I just dont feel Crime Mob.

The old crime mob, or the new? / you cant hate on my white t, or stilletto, or other one in the past.

kayitosway954
07-02-2007, 07:14 PM
There is a bunch of dope southern rappers, T.I., Lil' Wayne, Ludacris, and many more..

Chamillionaire is nice...

But there is also many many many wack ones too.

Being a KING alone is a huge thing... Of New York, Los Angeles, The South, it doesn't matter.. it's still BIG.

Chamillionaire & Ludacris > Lil Wayne & T.I.

As 4 Crime Mob, I just dont like they shit..

Redd
07-02-2007, 08:38 PM
every time i say something bad about the south, i end up hearing a song that i like from a southern artist so i dont hate on the south no more. i sort of only really like the mainstream ones tho like jeezy, lil wayne, ti, chamillionaire and luda. sometimes i like rick ross but not always. i swear though, rick ross wants to get arrested... "i need to make $10 million a year just to function, and most of that is not from music". project pat is horrible. listen to the song "purple" on project pats album and you will want to drive to the airport, catch a plane to wherever project pat lives, find him and murder him. that song is so annoying.

"who got dat purple p-purple p-purple!? yezzir...
who got dat purple p-purple p-purple!? yezzir...
who got dat purple p-purple p-purple!? yezzir..."

THATS THE WHOLE CHORUS! IT DRIVES ME NUTS!

kayitosway954
07-02-2007, 08:54 PM
Project Pat aint wack, he just different... Like ODB...

DJ-NICKEL
07-02-2007, 09:03 PM
every time i say something bad about the south, i end up hearing a song that i like from a southern artist so i dont hate on the south no more. i sort of only really like the mainstream ones tho like jeezy, lil wayne, ti, chamillionaire and luda. sometimes i like rick ross but not always. i swear though, rick ross wants to get arrested... "i need to make $10 million a year just to function, and most of that is not from music". project pat is horrible. listen to the song "purple" on project pats album and you will want to drive to the airport, catch a plane to wherever project pat lives, find him and murder him. that song is so annoying.

"who got dat purple p-purple p-purple!? yezzir...
who got dat purple p-purple p-purple!? yezzir..."

THATS THE WHOLE CHORUS! IT DRIVES ME NUTS!

I would go to his house and ask for a autograph. I like that song.

D-block fan
07-03-2007, 01:53 AM
yeah and the reason no one knows about these good rappers down south is cuz the shit rappers cover them up. my point is the south shit rappers are helping kill hip hop. and you all know it. if these good rappers are soo good then they should come out and show us they are the kings of the south and get rid of the shit rappers.

and to comment on Outkast. they haven't been hot for years. andre fell the fuck off. and if you don't agree with taht you are a stan

kayitosway954
07-03-2007, 02:11 AM
Tha good South rappers are out, they just aint gettin played where your at, and probaby same in East, North, and West, just like how ya'll shitty ass rappers gettin played in tha South, and vice versa each other way.

And Andre 3000 is far from fallin off, how could you say that?

His verses on International Players Anthem (by UGK who are great southern rappers), What A Job (by Devin Tha Dude who is a great fuckin emcee), and Throw Some D's Remix (by Rich Boy.... who has great production work)

Idlewild was great... Hollywood Divorce was sick...

D-block fan
07-03-2007, 02:26 AM
until he comes back with a rap album. and stop with this singing shit. he left rap. once he comes back i'll take that back

kayitosway954
07-03-2007, 02:27 AM
But Ja sings, and he lyrically aint touchin 3000!

D-block fan
07-03-2007, 02:31 AM
But Ja sings, and he lyrically aint touchin 3000!

i will never say ja could touch andree im just saying at this point in time he hasn't been doing good music for a while and he's been doing really singing stuff. and thats cool. but you can't really say he's lyrical if he's just doing the singing style.

kayitosway954
07-03-2007, 02:37 AM
So when he starts rappin, his singing ability falls off? It just dont make sense, he can sing and rap at tha same time... I tryna beef with you, Im just sayin

D-block fan
07-03-2007, 02:44 AM
So when he starts rappin, his singing ability falls off? It just dont make sense, he can sing and rap at tha same time... I tryna beef with you, Im just sayin

same here. man im not beefin at all. were just voicing are opinions. im just saying that i think he seems like he wants to focus more on this singing style. to stray away from rap to get good succes with that Cartoonnet Work show. which i don't mind the music is good. it just seems that he's been lazy with rapping lately. so if he can come back with a straight fire rap album then i will have him back up in my top 10.

and the ja thing. i got sick of his singing. he did it way to much at one point. well i feel like he did,

kayitosway954
07-03-2007, 02:50 AM
I dont mind singing, but singing bout tha same shit like Ja did is wha got annoyin... I love it when Im talkin bout how I hate these Chris Browns and shit makin tha same love track over and over, and they'll be like "thats what you do when you sing" and that shows how much they kno bout R&B, and if you do sing bout love all tha time, switch up tha scenarios... Only so many times you can listen 2 tha same guy sing bout tha girl he saw across tha street and is automatically in love with.... On tha real, R&B is dead, Hip Hop is dying....

BlackStar
07-03-2007, 11:46 AM
^^^can u honestly say u've never thought this??? seriously look at the list of shit rappers

TI
Jeezy
Wayne
Baby
Webbie
Paul Wall
Slim Thug

why would you want to be king of something that is destroying the hip hop industry

i went back and listened to my T.I. King Album. deffinetly not a great album. but not as bad as i first thought. i pretty much jumped on the "i hate t.i" band waggon. but i just listened to it again and there are good songs on it. for the most part its is a good album.

i'd probably give 3.5 maybe a 4. but just maybe.

OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

lol but such stuff happened to me too. I can remember when Eyebagz gave me a track by Plan B and I said he sucks. I saw him live at the roots concert and shit was banging. Now he's one of my fav artists.

D-block fan
07-04-2007, 03:02 AM
OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

lol but such stuff happened to me too. I can remember when Eyebagz gave me a track by Plan B and I said he sucks. I saw him live at the roots concert and shit was banging. Now he's one of my fav artists.

just cuz i like an album doesn't change my view on the artist. i know plenty of people who like GRODT but they still don't like 50. so i don't really consider myself being owned. and you kinda just made yourself look like a dumbass basically saying, that you had an opinion like me. so if im owned so are u

BlackStar
07-04-2007, 06:40 AM
just cuz i like an album doesn't change my view on the artist. i know plenty of people who like GRODT but they still don't like 50. so i don't really consider myself being owned. and you kinda just made yourself look like a dumbass basically saying, that you had an opinion like me. so if im owned so are u

wow...:glare: you really don't get the irony in it. Well it was a joke...I couldn't know that you can't handle it to get "owned". :roll:

murda mami
07-04-2007, 01:20 PM
my top 5 would be
UGK
SCARFACE
OUTKAST
Z-RO
8 BALL & MJG
basiclly rappers who are underated,n overshadowed!

D-block fan
07-04-2007, 04:42 PM
wow...:glare: you really don't get the irony in it. Well it was a joke...I couldn't know that you can't handle it to get "owned". :roll:

yeah i got the irony. the thing is though just cuz i say t.i. NOW is also destroying hip hop doesn't mean i can't say an album he released last year is pretty good.

k_kiss
07-04-2007, 07:44 PM
i wouldnt bare it down saying the WHOLE south region sucks...its just bekuz alot of ppl down there know, the south is whats hot(mainstream) rite now...and its there chance too go get some money..so they make songs like.....WIPE ME DOWNNNNNNNN....back when the east was runnin shit....the south still had some good representers..like scareface....old school cash money..with the hot boys..(Juve,BG..Wayne etc.) but im fuking sick of hearing all theese bullshit songs..about the dumbest things.....the song i hate the most now is Ashanti-Swtich..the shit is talking about heels...dudes who listen to RnB cant event bump that..but its gonna have some sexy ass videos..and thats what the dudes can watch...its a stupid trend..make a dumb song...hot video with girls..and ur done...no one takes more than 20 mins to make a song anymore.......come on....but ya..