PDA

View Full Version : 06/27/07 New Ashanti album

Tiara
06-27-2007, 02:24 PM
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003604283
Billboard: Ashanti says her new Universal Motown album, "The Declaration," represents her sense of freedom at this stage in her career. "I'm steering my own ship and taking the lead on everything. You can definitely hear the growth; I'm working with producers I've never worked with before." Those producers include Polow Da Don and Babyface. The new album is due in October

Melle
06-27-2007, 02:35 PM
I'm working with producers I've never worked with before." She got me thinking it was some great producers.. then i see polow da don.. i cant even see them working together..

The Illustrious One
06-27-2007, 02:40 PM
what are you talking about polow da don is nice.

good luck ashanti baby.

Tiara
06-27-2007, 02:40 PM
I'm working with producers I've never worked with before." She got me thinking it was some great producers.. then i see polow da don.. i cant even see them working together..
That's the point of the new album. She doing what she wants to do and have full control. The other albums Gotti didn't let her work with any producers but Inc producers.

AdX
06-27-2007, 03:03 PM
When she falls flat on her face she will re-consider her 'growth'

Tiara
06-27-2007, 03:23 PM

You really think she will fail? Why? Can't get any worse than Concrete Rose

FYI
06-27-2007, 03:36 PM

She worked wit Swizz Beats and the Neptunes too. She got collaborations with Snoop and Robin Thicke as well. It should be hot!!

kayitosway954
06-27-2007, 03:36 PM
Wha tha fuck is wrong with Polow Da Don? He's what made me actually listen 2 Rich Boy's album....

Melle
06-27-2007, 03:54 PM
yall aint listening.. polow da don , when i think off him i think off beats from rich boy and 50 cent and shit..type off " fuck bitches and shit type of beats" so tahts what i mean by what can he make for her that fits her ? i aint sayin hes bad cause i think hes a good producer.. but dont compare him to swizz and neptunes...

FYI
06-27-2007, 04:15 PM
yall aint listening.. polow da don , when i think off him i think off beats from rich boy and 50 cent and shit..type off " fuck bitches and shit type of beats" so tahts what i mean by what can he make for her that fits her ? i aint sayin hes bad cause i think hes a good producer.. but dont compare him to swizz and neptunes...

I didnt compare Polow to tem. I said she worked with them too.

It'sOnlyU
06-27-2007, 06:03 PM

Ashanti has also worked with babyface, robin thicke, j.d., pharell, and others. She wont fall on her face, trust and she will once again save the inc. :eazy:

kayitosway954
06-27-2007, 06:26 PM

Thats wha they choose 2 rap bout over beats......

jinder
06-27-2007, 06:32 PM
robin thicke, if he were singin wit Shany that track wud be amazin to hear. oh n he is so fit lol

Dermo
06-27-2007, 07:10 PM
You really think she will fail? Why? Can't get any worse than Concrete Rose

:laugh: i got to agree with this point and on that album she also went her own way for majority of it apart from a few tracks she did Jimmy, Chink & Gotti

Tiara
06-27-2007, 07:54 PM
:laugh: i got to agree with this point and on that album she also went her own way for majority of it apart from a few tracks she did Jimmy, Chink & Gotti

I meant the sales of CR. I think thats why she is going her own way and doin her own thing because she was dissapointed in the sales and how the album was handled. She didn't go her own way on CR every single song on there were produced by INC producers.

Dermo
06-27-2007, 08:17 PM
I meant the sales of CR. I think thats why she is going her own way and doin her own thing because she was dissapointed in the sales and how the album was handled. She didn't go her own way on CR every single song on there were produced by INC producers.

7 produced majority of the album and at that time he was still off the inc and himself and irv hadnt sorted out their differences

Baja_Ma_Dee
06-27-2007, 08:18 PM
Man I'm having a hard time thinking of LT Hutton making a commercial R&B beat.

That guy makes Crip Hop Beats. I wonder if Jayo, Kurupt or Snoop will end up on an Ashanti track?

Tiara
06-27-2007, 08:42 PM
7 produced majority of the album and at that time he was still off the inc and himself and irv hadnt sorted out their differences

But 7 is 7. He is apart of the INC. Ashanti kept sayin "he back with the family now"so I definitely don't consider 7 an outside producer.

kayitosway954
06-27-2007, 09:06 PM
Kurupt or Jayo with Ashanti = Fuckin Dope

luvmyself
06-27-2007, 09:28 PM

He also did Glamorous Life for Fergie....and he produced on Ciara and Kelly Rowland's cd..so he knows how to do a R & B song...

luvmyself
06-27-2007, 09:30 PM
Man I'm having a hard time thinking of LT Hutton making a commercial R&B beat.

That guy makes Crip Hop Beats. I wonder if Jayo, Kurupt or Snoop will end up on an Ashanti track?

LT is the only producer I am worried about...and Ashanti do have a song with Snoop on the new cd....

But he has said he got her sounding nice so we shall see....

relentless
06-27-2007, 09:38 PM
i think the album will be good. but i dont know how true it will be to who ashanti is.

It's Murda
06-29-2007, 08:51 AM
i cant wait...THE PRINCESS IS BACK

Keela
06-29-2007, 03:25 PM
He Produced promise for Ciara,and dat was a slow jam

luvashanti
06-29-2007, 05:36 PM
u sound upset:roll:

GUNS
07-01-2007, 01:00 PM
LT's beat with Pac (Pac's Life) wasnt bad , but not meant for Pac , but Shany could use him