PDA

View Full Version : NY Judge Dismisses Charges Against Fabolous



Bluck
06-16-2007, 10:46 PM
NY Judge Dismisses Charges Against Fabolous
Friday, June 15, 2007
By: Kenny Rodriguez

A New York judge has dismissed illegal weapons charges against Fabolous that put him behind bars last October.

The Brooklyn rapper was arrested on Oct. 17 after being treated for a minor gunshot wound following a shootout at Justin’s, a Manhattan restaurant and club owned by Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs.

A prosecutor said yesterday that authorities were unable to prove that Fabolous, 27, or three co-defendants were the owners of two loaded handguns found in a car in which they been riding in.

“He’s more relieved than happy,” said the rapper's lawyer, Alberto Ebanks. “He should never have been here in the first place.”

Trouble at the NYC nightspot began when someone snatched a $50,000 chain off the neck of then-Boston Celtics point guard Sebastian Telfair. Gunfire broke out later in a parking lot near the restaurant.

Fabolous was hit in the right thigh, then escaped the scene with three other men in a Dodge Magnum sport utility vehicle.

While he was being treated at a hospital, police searched the vehicle and found two handguns – a .40 caliber and .380 caliber semiautomatic. Neither gun was registered, and police say the serial number on the .380 had been scratched off.

“There were four guys in the car,” Ebanks said. “My client jumped in the back seat of the car after he was shot. It was not the car he came to the club in.”

Fabolous, born John Jackson, was in the courthouse yesterday, but remained outside after his lawyer told him the case was being dismissed.

This decision comes as Fabolous releases his fourth album, “From Nothin To Somethin,” which hit stores earlier this week.

http://www.nobodysmiling.com/hiphop/news/87675.php