PDA

View Full Version : 50's Newest Beef - With His Own Record Label.

The Illustrious One
06-12-2007, 09:55 AM
June 12, 2007. Music industry insiders were shocked a few weeks ago when Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson announced that the release of his third studio album Curtis would be pushed back three months. The official explanation for the delay was that it was a "necessary course of action ... to ensure the album's simultaneous worldwide release."

But one of MediaTakeOut.com's insiders at Interscope Records gave us the real deal on what happened. According to the insider, record company execs want 50 Cent to re-record at least five new tracks for the album. The insider explains, "The public didn't respond well to the first two singles [Amusement Park and Straight to the Bank] and people here got freaked out ... [One top executive] wants to make sure that there's at least one hit on the album. And he wasn't convinced by what he heard."

There's one big problem with this idea though. 50 Cent is refusing to do any more tracks unless Interscope coughs up significantly more money. The insider tells, "In [50]'s mind he's done with Curtis and he's moved on to [his next album] - which happens to be his last under contract [with Interscope]." Our snitch continues, "He's asking for an additional seven figures just to get him back in the studio."

And it looks like a showdown is brewing between 50 Cent and his record label. The tipster tells MediaTakeOut.com, "Right now everyone's still trying to stay clam, but the lawyers are getting involved - and you know what that means ... If it were anyone else [besides 50 Cent], I'd say that this whole thing could be worked out. But right now, I can't even begin to predict what's going to happen with that album."

Developing...

http://www.mediatakeout.com/6959/50_cents_newest_beef_-_with_his_own_record_label.html

kayitosway954
06-12-2007, 10:07 AM
Haha tha informant probably IS 5-O. But on tha real, I dont trust MediaTakeOut

Eimz_T
06-12-2007, 10:35 AM
media take out is the internet equivalent to the national enquirer, pure made up

The Illustrious One
06-12-2007, 10:39 AM
but everything is true.. is not really happy with Interscope and Jimmy.

on a MTV interview with Tim Kash, he talks about it.. he even said that Jimmy is an asshole to him sometimes.

elcuppan
06-12-2007, 10:40 AM
lol,i hope the album is as bad as they say the label thinks it is,lol
curtis,where did we go wrong!

yommie
06-12-2007, 07:11 PM
considering some points in the news, this might be true. Isn't it true 'Amusment Park' & 'Straight to the Bank' ain't getting enuff attention as his previous album singles?

venni vetti vecci
06-12-2007, 07:21 PM
If interscope have problems with it it must be really bad cause they release some shit.

PaC3Y
06-12-2007, 07:57 PM
oh man if that was true, haha how funny would that be.

kasizzle
06-13-2007, 02:35 AM
all i could say is fuck 50

Redd
06-13-2007, 03:15 AM
i said this a while ago, but it still applies:

50, you can't expect your music to get a good response just because your 50 cent! make some fuckin good music for a change and you won't have these problems! you can't honestly say that you sat down and listened to 'amusement par' and 'straight to the bank' and vibed and said "yeah...this is dope. ok these are my singles". they're fucking GARBAGE! what the fuck were you thinking??? i'd rather sit down and listen to the 'my little pony' sound track. just because angie martinez is sucking your dick and tells you everything you do is fantastic, doesn't mean shit!

D-block fan
06-13-2007, 04:03 AM
i believe this. its 50. i remember him bitching about wanting more money then jigga for this new album. 50 is not going to be like "oh you don't like my songs, ok i'll go fix them" he'll be like "fuck you im 50"

JaRuleNL
06-13-2007, 09:25 AM
"The public didn't respond well to the first two singles [Amusement Park and Straight to the Bank] and people here got freaked out ... [One top executive] wants to make sure that there's at least one hit on the album. And he wasn't convinced by what he heard."

hahahaha

murda mami
06-13-2007, 12:09 PM
tha first two songz aint gettin luv cuzmost ppl have realized wat real music is!

POC Was Here
06-13-2007, 12:13 PM
tha first two songz aint gettin luv cuzmost ppl have realized wat real music is!

Ok Then........ What's Real Music? Because 50 Makes The Exact Same Sorta Records That Ja Makes.

murda mami
06-13-2007, 12:31 PM
Ok Then........ What's Real Music? Because 50 Makes The Exact Same Sorta Records That Ja Makes.

u porbably dont know real music cuz u a gunit(not) dickridah, go n do u homework on REAL hiphop music brah, ppl is sick of rappers talkin bout how fuckin rich they is, cant rappers like 50 get the message that REAL hiphop fans dont give a fuk bout how much is in there bank

n tha thing u sed bout 50 makin same sorta records as ja (wat tha fuk) jus proves that 50 coped his style!!!!!!!!!!!!

POC Was Here
06-13-2007, 02:11 PM
u porbably dont know real music cuz u a gunit(not) dickridah, go n do u homework on REAL hiphop music brah, ppl is sick of rappers talkin bout how fuckin rich they is, cant rappers like 50 get the message that REAL hiphop fans dont give a fuk bout how much is in there bank

n tha thing u sed bout 50 makin same sorta records as ja (wat tha fuk) jus proves that 50 coped his style!!!!!!!!!!!!

A G-Unit Dickrider? Please Little Person, Don't Comment On My Taste In Music..... Since You Obviously Have No Idea About Who I Listen To. And Why Would I Care About Who's Style 50 Jacked? Since I Think 50 Is Wack?

Now Go Away And Listen To That "Real" Hip-Hop Like Ja Rule "Brah". And I'll Continue To Listen To Little Brother, Murs, Lupe, Rhymefest, J Dilla....... You Know, Actually Talented Artists Instead Of Ja Rule...... Brah.

elcuppan
06-13-2007, 02:15 PM
A G-Unit Dickrider? Please Little Person, Don't Comment On My Taste In Music..... Since You Obviously Have No Idea About Who I Listen To. And Why Would I Care About Who's Style 50 Jacked? Since I Think 50 Is Wack?

Now Go Away And Listen To That "Real" Hip-Hop Like Ja Rule "Brah". And I'll Continue To Listen To Little Brother, Murs, Lupe, Rhymefest, J Dilla....... You Know, Actually Talented Artists Instead Of Ja Rule...... Brah.

why do even come here if u think ja rule aint talanted???

ur hardly gona win a battle of whether ja is talanted or not on a murder inc fansite!!

POC Was Here
06-13-2007, 02:17 PM
why do even come here if u think ja rule nd the rest of murder inc aint talanted???

ur hardly gona win a battle of whether ja is talanted or not on a murder inc fansite!!

I Never Said Everyone On Murder Inc Wasn't Talented.

elcuppan
06-13-2007, 02:22 PM

fair enough ,ur right u didnt say dat,i take my words back,ill edit dat

D-block fan
06-14-2007, 09:29 PM

no offence dude but ja and 50 don't make that similar of records. ja makes hits for girls, so does 50. but if you listen to candy shop, then Always on Time you relize they may be talking about girls but the meaning is different. and we might as well say the whole hip hop game makes songs like ja since every rapper makes songs about girls and puts them out as singles.

GUNS
06-15-2007, 05:21 PM
Fuck 50 ..i rather play a whole hour off Talib Kweli then a whole hour of G Unit , now Talib got the shit !!!!!

FranchizeTheKid
06-15-2007, 07:45 PM
I'd Rather Play NaS Out Of Everyone Mentioned In This Whole Fucking Thread