PDA

View Full Version : Polow Da Don changing the face of music.

The Illustrious One
03-26-2007, 01:04 PM
Polow Da Don either just finished or is about to go into the studio with T.I., Jeezy, Christina Aguilera, Nicole Scherzinger from the Pussycat Dolls, Will.I.Am, Kanye West and Tru Life, so right now you can't imagine anybody turning down his tracks. "Music is changing right now, and I think I have a lot to do with that," he explained. But this is the music industry and anything can happen, a lesson 'Low learned before his recent hot streak (Rich Boy's "Throw Some D's," Ciara's "Promise," Fergie's "Glamorous," Young Buck's "Get Buck" and Fergie's "London Bridge"). He says the banger he gave to Ludacris sat for quite some time before it made its way out to the public.

" 'Runaway Love' is a special song for me," he said. "I had that song for three years with the hook on it, and I would never give it to anybody. Everybody tried to buy it: Nas, Akon, T-Pain, David Banner. All these people recorded to this record, but they would never guarantee me it would be a single. I said, 'Man, you can't guarantee me it would be a single? This is a huge record.' They was like, 'We like it, we like it a lot, but I can't guarantee you it would be a single.' "

Enter Chris Bridges.

"When I gave it to Luda, he went crazy," Polow recalled. "I actually gave him a beat CD for somebody on his label, and he must've listened to it on the way home because he called me in 10 minutes. Like, 'Yo, this #3 is crazy. I need this.' "

Polow gave Luda the same stipulation as he did the previous artists, and the MC gladly accepted.

"When you listen to the drums, you can dance to it," the producer explained. "Even though it's got a message, I knew kids would still like it because it has that bounce. It's still musical. I'm gonna tell you why nobody else did it: Everybody chases the radio. This is why I'm getting recognition and going to the top so fast because I dare to be different. I always tell people, if you're gonna be the greatest, you're gonna have to do your own thing." ...

source-MTV

BlackStar
03-26-2007, 01:32 PM
who? :huh:

The Illustrious One
03-26-2007, 01:45 PM
who? :huh:

His name is Polow Da Don.. pronounced "Polo The Don". He's a very good producer, He's the one that made the beat for "Throw Some D's" by Rich Boy, and he's featured on the song as well. He produced the majority of Rich Boy's album. He produced songs for Ciara, Young Buck, Ludacris, Fergie, T.I., Kanye West, and alot more....

He's been gaining fame lately for creating Runaway Love for Ludacris and Throw Some D's by Rich Boy.

Lookout for him, he's an awesome producer.

BlackStar
03-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Lookout for him, he's an awesome producer.

naw man, Dj Premier, Dj Hi-Tek, Timbaland, 9th Wonder, Pete Rock, J Dilla that are awesome producers.

Pullover-Da-Don or whatever his name is, is just a random "hit-maker" who press some buttons on his computer!

kayitosway954
03-26-2007, 04:33 PM
He's an okay producer...

naw man, Dj Premier, Dj Hi-Tek, Timbaland, 9th Wonder, Pete Rock, J Dilla that are awesome producers.

Dont forget Hangman 3(Jeff 2X, JB, and ZNO), Marley Marl, and Havoc(G Unit or Not, he still makes great beats), The Alchemist, and even Evidence has nice beats

Nickolai
03-26-2007, 05:42 PM
Kanye & Stretch (R.I.P) Also Lol
Random

kayitosway954
03-26-2007, 05:44 PM
Kanye & Stretch (R.I.P) Also Lol
Random

And you gotta admit, 7 got some sick beats to... Clinton Sparks also got some nice shit... Didnt know Stretch produced beats

Nickolai
03-26-2007, 05:47 PM
Ye, He Produced 'Pain' Think, Thats A Sick Beat & Its Likely He Produced The 'Runnin OG'
Just Blaze, Swizz Beats, Heat Makers & Even Gold Rush Can Come Good