PDA

View Full Version : 'I Had To Speak Up': Scott Storch Responds To Timbaland's Jabs

Gangstafied
03-10-2007, 09:01 AM
Storch answers Tim's Justin-featuring 'Give It to Me' with his own dis track.

Scott Storch doesn't mind being called a piano man — playing the keys is what he does.

However, the multiplatinum producer — who has composed tracks for 50 Cent ("Candy Shop"), Fat Joe's Terror Squad ("Lean Back") and Beyoncé ("Naughty Girl") — does have a problem being called just a piano man, particularly by Timbaland.

So Storch lashed out against his onetime ally with "Built Like That," a dis track in response to what he felt were unwarranted barbs from Timbaland on the single "Give It to Me," featuring Justin Timberlake and Nelly Furtado.

(Watch Timbaland explain his issue with Storch in "MTV News Raw: Timbaland" and read about what made Tim talk trash in the new single.)

Representatives for Timbaland had not responded to MTV News' requests for comment at press time.

On the track, Timbaland spits: "I'm a real producer/ You just a piano man." The jab was allegedly in reference to a past dispute the two producers had over credits on the Timberlake hit "Cry Me a River."

"I just felt like enough was enough," Storch told MTV News regarding the dispute. "I heard the song playing, and I knew it was about me. People were calling me saying, 'This dude is taking shots at you,' then interviews popped up. So enough was enough. I needed to defend myself like a man is supposed to do. I'm not gonna take it to the streets or hurt somebody or do any bullsh-- like that. But I just had to speak up. I'm not a rapper, but I wasn't about to have somebody else fight my battle for me. So I said, 'Lemme put this down.' I been making rap records long enough. I just got in the booth and spit what was on my mind."

And Storch had plenty to say. Storch alleges on "Built Like That" that Timbaland has been taking credit for protégé Danjahands' work and that Storch was the true producer of "Cry Me a River."

"It's just not fair," Storch said. "I guess people don't know what's going on behind the scenes."

Storch said he thinks Timbaland composed his dis because he heard that Storch had made disparaging comments about the fellow producer in the studio one night. "That's not a good enough reason to put somebody's name out there on wax," Storch said.

But the two producers have been at odds in the past over a few incidents Storch revealed.

First there was "Cry Me a River," which won a Grammy in 2004. Storch claims Timbaland approached him to collaborate "50/50" on two tracks for Timberlake's debut album. Storch said he composed the bridge and melody and Timbaland programmed the kick and snares for "Cry Me a River." But once the project was released commercially, Storch was surprised to learn Timbaland was listed as producer while Storch was credited with playing the keys.

Had the song credited both of them with producing the track, Storch said it would have been more "respectable and real. That's how it was supposed to go down."

Storch also said he produced the track for an And1 commercial starring Kevin Garnett and Styles P, which Storch claims Timbaland once again took credit for. "Nobody even told me [they were using my track]. I heard the sh-- on TV for the first time," Storch said.

"I've done nothing but good things for this dude," he continued. "You never hear me talking sh-- about him. Matter of fact, I did an interview before all this went down just recently — I think the interview is yet to come out — where I was biggin' him up, giving him props.

"I'm not taking away the fact that Timbaland has had a lot of hits and done some fly sh-- in his career," said Storch, who's set to work soon with Mariah Carey, T.I., Yung Joc, Chris Brown and Kelly Rowland. "Just keep my name out your mouth, and I'll do the same."

Source-MTV

relentless
03-10-2007, 09:13 AM
lol, RULE was playin the timbo track on 187, a little subliminal to scotty i think hehe. but on the real, this shit is getting outta hand. all of a sudden producers think they can start beefing and sending out diss tracks and so forth. what is hip hop comin to? fuck 50, its all his fault.

Gangstafied
03-10-2007, 09:35 AM
word up...
nowadays everybody is beefin everybody...nonsense
niggas got stick to make money & good records....publicity stunts and shit need to leave the building

kayitosway954
03-10-2007, 03:58 PM
Scott aint just a piano man... He uses that stupid ass flute

DJ-NICKEL
03-11-2007, 01:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l66lVMNvSM

DJ-NICKEL
03-11-2007, 02:01 AM
hahaha storch produce for 50,got his money, and then made a track for fat joe to diss 50,which mean storch diss 50 too. the song is called fuck 50/and he produce for Ja, clap back is the shit. Storch is my influence of producer no doubt

PaC3Y
03-11-2007, 03:29 AM
jesus christ, producers going at it? what next? seriously i agree with seraph, none of this beef/wack music would've happened without 50

The Illustrious One
03-11-2007, 12:31 PM
hahaha storch produce for 50,got his money, and then made a track for fat joe to diss 50,which mean storch diss 50 too. the song is called fuck 50/and he produce for Ja, clap back is the shit. Storch is my influence of producer no doubt

No doubt he's a nice producer.... But that Fat Joe song dissing 50 is called "My Fofo" produced by Cool and Dre, not Scott. I like Storch better than Timbaland.

$aba
03-11-2007, 12:58 PM

he also said later on that ja came to him beggin for a beat cause he wanted to get the streets cred back and that the beat was more for some1 like nelly and said he wont do a beat for him again for loyal for dr dre

DJ-NICKEL
03-11-2007, 01:48 PM
No doubt he's a nice producer.... But that Fat Joe song dissing 50 is called "My Fofo" produced by Cool and Dre, not Scott. I like Storch better than Timbaland.

I Know that one, but there another track not called my fo fo, that im sure is produce by storch. maybe il give you more detail about it soon if i got time

GUNS
03-11-2007, 02:54 PM

Scott Storch , Timbaland ...they both need to sit Fucking Down

Eyebagz
03-11-2007, 06:21 PM
jesus christ, producers going at it? what next? seriously i agree with seraph, none of this beef/wack music would've happened without 50

Any one that believes that is a fucking idiot.

Rappers have always been beefing ice cube an cypress hill, rakim and kane had a thing if i remeber and shit loads of other people. you need to stop going on about 50 i dont like dudes music but you act like he single handly murdered hip hop. Your all just fucking ja rule dickriders so immediatly constantly diss him just grow the fuck up.

and on topic i like storchs shit better but beefs pointless

PaC3Y
03-11-2007, 06:25 PM
no but c'mon, look at all the beef and shit now? would half of that happened if 50 never came out?

POC Was Here
03-11-2007, 06:27 PM
no but c'mon, look at all the beef and shit now? would half of that happened if 50 never came out?

Yes, It Would Have. How Does 50 Come Into The Timbaland Vs. Storch Beef!?

Artists Beefed Long Before 50 Was A Factor In Hip-Hop, Get A Fucking Grip.

kayitosway954
03-11-2007, 09:31 PM
No doubt he's a nice producer.... But that Fat Joe song dissing 50 is called "My Fofo" produced by Cool and Dre, not Scott

Nah, he is talkin bout a whole different track called "Fuck 50", which is a beat with a female singing "THIS IS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE WHEN WE RIDE ON OUR ENIMIES"... Its a nice beat.... Timbo > Storch

Scott Storch wouldnt be held responsible cuz Fat Joe bought tha beat from him... Its not like Fat Joe got him 2 whip up a complimentary beat to diss CJ over

PaC3Y
03-12-2007, 06:09 AM
Yes, It Would Have. How Does 50 Come Into The Timbaland Vs. Storch Beef!?

Artists Beefed Long Before 50 Was A Factor In Hip-Hop, Get A Fucking Grip.

I don't recall saying 50 is part of the producer 'beef'. Ok if all the beef going on now isn't because of 50, Why did Jada,Styles,Cam,Ja,Caddy,Black,Merc,D.O Cannon,Fat Joe,Game and countless other artists diss 50?

kayitosway954
03-12-2007, 11:47 AM
Ghostface Killa
Raekwon
Chip Banks
Superb
ODB
Sticky Fingaz
Fredro Starr
Sonee Seeza
Murder Inc/Hoodstock
Jadakiss
Styles P
Sheek Louch
Jaehood
Cam'RUN!
Big Pun
Fat Joe
AZ
Shyne
Diddy(squashed)
Busta Rhymes(squashed)
Jay-Z(squashed)
Crooked I
Eastwood
Hussein Fatal
The Game
and so on

PaC3Y
03-13-2007, 05:57 AM
lol thanks for helping me out on that one Orlando. fuck thinking of all the people 50 beefed with, i'd be here all day

yommie
03-13-2007, 08:13 AM
he also said later on that ja came to him beggin for a beat cause he wanted to get the streets cred back and that the beat was more for some1 like nelly and said he wont do a beat for him again for loyal for dr dre
yeah, there was somethin like that in an interview with S-Storch but i don't think it was that serious anyways

Nickolai
03-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Dont Forget About Lil Kim Lol
And He Also Dissed Mobb Deep Before Signing Them Lol

kayitosway954
03-13-2007, 08:34 PM
Dont Forget About Lil Kim Lol
And He Also Dissed Mobb Deep Before Signing Them Lol

Haha how could I forget bout Kim?

Every word I utter, I feel strictly gutter
That's why I touch more green than Tiger's putter
So you mad motherfuckers mutter what you wanna
I ain't worried 'bout none of ya and I'll say it in front of ya
I hear the snakes hiss, talking reckless
Thought I'd let it go and I wouldn't stress it
Haters in the street, y'all worse than the press is
And they all wanna hang like the charm on my necklace
I guess things just ain't the same for gangsters
How a snitch nigga make a record called "Wankstas"
Everything these haters do just to degrade ya
Only made me strong, I say thanks for the favor
Now the D.A., wanna give me time in the feds
I'm from Brooklyn, I could do that time on my head
Come down with my weave straight sitting on bread
At the gate, getting picked up in a new Coupe Phantom

See I know how it feel to wake up fucked up
Pockets broke as hell, my nigga need bail
It's been a couple weeks and he been sitting in a cell
The only way to reach him through phone calls and mail
Balloons stuffed with lah up in the chocha
Now my man in the can getting money and getting high
He used to keep my fly he had the 6 I had the 5
So you know a chick gon' ride or die for her guy
At age 14 I was putting in work
At age 16 I was moving that work
Getting paid for driving state to state
Smuggling weight, praying I don't bump into Jake
I traveled through a few places with the burners
in the suitcases, thank God for Big
Damn right I love the life I live
Cause I went from negative to positive and it's all

Cowards huff and puff but won't blow shit down
I come through like two airplanes in midtown
Nigga my get back's the get down
Hit the big nigga first and make the rest sit down
They all talk loud, when they see you they quiet down
Faggots violated I wish they'd try now
Just watch how they bitch up, story start to switch up
Punks getting left off right where I pick up
Picture in Vogue, Spring/Summer issue
Shoot game official like a ref with a whistle
You know when I do it I'm doing it monumental
Leave you speechless kinda like an instrumental
They ask me if I know what true happiness is
Do I ever feel regret for all the things I did?
Hell no I love the life I live
Cause I went from negative to positive and it's all

- Its All Good from "The Naked Truth" by Lil Kim

Nickolai
03-14-2007, 08:37 AM
Ha
'Man 5.0 I Don't See Him In Da Club
Cuz He's Out In CT With A Dick In His Butt'

'Spell Check' From Naked Truth By Kim
Lol

lokivvv2
03-15-2007, 01:43 PM
yeah kim killed him with those lines.

kayitosway954
03-15-2007, 02:47 PM
Ha
'Man 5.0 I Don't See Him In Da Club
Cuz He's Out In CT With A Dick In His Butt'

'Spell Check' From Naked Truth By Kim
Lol

That line was wack to me... I mean tha dick in his butt thing was a bit stupid

adamantiumstar
04-11-2008, 06:11 AM
storch is a really good producer there is no doubt bout this question, but between storch and timbaland i don't know which one i would rather choose. the thing is that timbaland is more of the producer every song sound a bit the same, not the same i mean but you can say that this is him, he got a beat signature or some that make ya feel remember it's him. storch ain't the same he is making different beat or perhaps for the moment I don't get what make the beat feel that this is him. anyway everybody should stop beefing, before it was the rapper, then now the producer, what's gonna be next??? oh yes i get it the next ones will be the tv show who's gonna promote a rapper album and not the other one and they gonna beef lololol and then the fans. beef is like a decease, it's becoming too contagios and the worst is that people find tha funny, but at the end it's a lil bit annoying....; just make good sounds dude ya getting paid for that, and respected too for this

lokivvv2
04-11-2008, 11:43 AM
^^yeah I feel you. Producers beefing is ridiculous. Man this is a really old thread. I remember reading this like a year ago.