PDA

View Full Version : Hip Hop Weekly - Tru Life Interview

kayitosway954
02-28-2007, 05:42 PM
HHW: For people who dont know, tell them a little bit about Tru Life
Tru Life: Well, in case you been living under a rock or something, Im tha king of tha DVDs, Mr. New New York himself, Tru York City. Tru Life stands for "The Righteous Uniting Everybody Living In A Fantasy Environment."

You dont like to be categorized by your ethnicity...
I dont want to ever get pigeonholded as being nice for a Spanish nigga.

How's working with Jay-Z been?
I want people to know that its a blessing in itself. I got Jay-Z & Snoop Dogg executive producing the album, slated to come out later this year. They're deep into tha project, its going down. God is god.

Tha beef between you and Dipset is no secret. Is there any way tha beef can end?
Nah, them niggas need to write an apology and back track every city around tha world where they promoted gang violence, and gangsta bullshit, admit they was frontin'.

Your Tru York mixtape takes heavy shots at Dipset, where does tha beef come from?
I got a long history with Jenny Jones. I used to be tha nigga's bodyguard. I done put bulletproof vests on tha nigga's back. Their run is over. Last time I saw Jim Jones at Quad Studios, he called tha cops on me.

Do you think another rap beef is necessary?
Sometimes war is a part of life. For a kingdom to rise, a kingdom gotta fall. If I gotta lose my life for things I say on records or in interviews, so bet it, I dont care. At tha end of tha day, I hope my sacrifices dont go unnoticed, that somebody took heed to what tha fuck Tru Life puts on tha line. There's more to music with me, I present you my life.

Interview by Tito Ruiz from Hip Hop Weekly(Volume 2, Issue Three)

kayitosway954
03-02-2007, 01:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptmVw6IzVuM&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fprofile%2Emyspace%2Ecom%2Findex% 2Ecfm%3Ffuseaction%3Duser%2Eviewprofile%26friendID %3D69512699

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkVTECCD7-k&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fprofile%2Emyspace%2Ecom%2Findex% 2Ecfm%3Ffuseaction%3Duser%2Eviewprofile%26friendID %3D69512699

Gangstafied
03-02-2007, 10:38 AM
Good Lookin

kayitosway954
03-02-2007, 01:31 PM
Good Lookin

Werd, Tru Life doing his thing. Did ya listin 2 Tru York?

Gangstafied
03-02-2007, 02:04 PM
yeah i bought the tape...he's def doing his thing i wanna see his album coming out...
that's gon be major!

kayitosway954
03-02-2007, 03:22 PM
yeah i bought the tape...he's def doing his thing i wanna see his album coming out...
that's gon be major!

Werd, Tru is gonna be big if he gets tha right promotion.

The Illustrious One
03-02-2007, 07:37 PM
Werd, Tru is gonna be big if he gets tha right promotion.

Get the fuck out of here.. he looks like a bitch.

Tru life will never be big. and he will definitely not crossover.

kayitosway954
03-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Get the fuck out of here.. he looks like a bitch.

Tru life will never be big. and he will definitely not crossover.

He looks like a bitch? Oh thats right, hes not cute and he isnt known internationally known, so he automatically? Leave this site... No, actully, stop listining to Hip Hop...

Tru Life > Your Favorite Rapper
NaS > Your Favorite Rapper
Crooked I > Your Favorite Rapper
Royce Da 5'9" > Your Favorite Rapper
Scarface > Your Favorite Rapper
AZ > Your Favorite Rapper

The Illustrious One
03-03-2007, 01:37 AM
He looks like a bitch? Oh thats right, hes not cute and he isnt known internationally known, so he automatically? Leave this site... No, actully, stop listining to Hip Hop...

Who are my favorite rappers??? and please don't come here and say some stupid shit like chingy or bow wow

kayitosway954
03-03-2007, 02:22 AM
Who are my favorite rappers??? and please don't come here and say some stupid shit like chingy or bow wow

Shit, you tell me....

Slim Thug? Mims? Bizzare?

PaC3Y
03-03-2007, 02:48 AM
50 Cent? haha

GUNS
03-03-2007, 09:15 AM

real talk in this one ......sup with Royce ?? isnt he about to sign with DefJam ??

The Illustrious One
03-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Shit, you tell me....

Slim Thug? Mims? Bizzare?

No.. Try Rule, Jay, Game, DMX, Nelly, T.I., Nas, Ludacris, Snoop, and a few more....

By the way Slim Thug and MIMS aren't all that bad.

And don't worry about what i like or not.

kayitosway954
03-03-2007, 07:20 PM
By the way Slim Thug and MIMS aren't all that bad.

Ill have to see on MIMS. I heard people got tha advance copies and said he just a one hit wonder. March 27th 4 MIMS to drop.

kayitosway954
03-03-2007, 07:25 PM
real talk in this one ......sup with Royce ?? isnt he about to sign with DefJam ??

NaS wants to sign him to Tha Jones Experience, but so does Diddy ever since Royce wrote a few tracks on Press Play. Id say NaS is tha better choice, cuz now I think NaS is constrating on dropping his protege's music and albums. Im scarred if Royce goes 2 Diddy, and what Diddy will make him into... But Royce is his own man, and isnt one to change for money, so even if he goes to Bad Boy, he'll drop shit comparable to Rock City, Death Is Certain, Independent's Day, etc...