PDA

View Full Version : Attorneys Prepare For C-Murder Retrial

Gangstafied
02-26-2007, 01:21 PM
Attorneys for No Limit Records rapper Corey "C-Murder" Miller will have another chance to prove their client’s innocence, as the rapper's retrial for murder is scheduled to start today (Feb. 26) in New Orleans.

Miller is accused of shooting and killing Steve Thomas, 16, at a nightclub in 2002 during an argument.

After a controversial trial, Miller was convicted of murder in 2003 and was sentenced to life in prison.

His conviction was later overturned and he was released on appeal, when it was discovered that prosecutors withheld information pertaining to the criminal background of some of their witnesses.

Miller was freed in 2006 on $500,000 bail and has been on house arrest since July. He is also facing trial for two counts of attempted murder in Baton Rouge.

Miller recently released a new single titled "Posted On Tha Block," taken from his upcoming album Screamin' 4 Vengeance.

The album is a collection of songs that address the circumstances surrounding his incarceration for the murder of Thomas.

"A lot of people want to know what's going on with me and what my personal feelings are as far as what I've been through the last five years," Miller said. "I expressed it on 'Posted On Tha Block.' The public's getting a basic picture of what I've been through, how I feel and what's going on in my mind from that song."

The video for "Posted On Tha Block" was directed by Estevan Oriol, who shot the clip in New Orleans.

C-Murder could not appear in the video due to a court imposed gag order.

kayitosway954
02-26-2007, 05:00 PM
Good Luck, Cory....

The Illustrious One
02-26-2007, 07:13 PM
Good Luck, Cory....

Do you wanna be his lawyer, Kyle?

kayitosway954
02-26-2007, 07:42 PM
Do you wanna be his lawyer?

He gonna need a good one

Gangstafied
03-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Judge Grants C-Murder Permission to Promote Upcoming Album

Louisiana state judge Martha Sassone has granted Corey “C-Murder” Miller permission to promote his upcoming album Screamin’ 4 Vengence and his new novel Death Around the Corner. The ruling marks a reversal of the judge’s previous order barring the rapper from doing any press in support of the project. Miller was convicted of the 2002 murder of Steve Thomas at the Platinum Club in Harvey, Louisiana, but the conviction was overturned last year after it was discovered that prosecutors withheld information about certain key witnesses. In a new request filed last month, attorneys Ron Rakosky and Robert Glass argued that the judge’s gag order conflicts with the defendant’s constitutional right to free speech. Despite objections from Assistant District Attorney Roger Jordan, Sassone granted the request. While Miller will be allowed to grant interviews pertaining to the album, he will remain under house arrest and the judge will have to approve all of his visitors. He is also barred from discussing any aspects of his case. Miller’s retrial on the murder charge was set to begin on February 26, however the Associated Press reports that the trial has not began and no new date has been set.

sourcfe-xxlmag

kayitosway954
03-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Judge Grants C-Murder Permission to Promote Upcoming Album

Louisiana state judge Martha Sassone has granted Corey “C-Murder” Miller permission to promote his upcoming album Screamin’ 4 Vengence and his new novel Death Around the Corner. The ruling marks a reversal of the judge’s previous order barring the rapper from doing any press in support of the project. Miller was convicted of the 2002 murder of Steve Thomas at the Platinum Club in Harvey, Louisiana, but the conviction was overturned last year after it was discovered that prosecutors withheld information about certain key witnesses. In a new request filed last month, attorneys Ron Rakosky and Robert Glass argued that the judge’s gag order conflicts with the defendant’s constitutional right to free speech. Despite objections from Assistant District Attorney Roger Jordan, Sassone granted the request. While Miller will be allowed to grant interviews pertaining to the album, he will remain under house arrest and the judge will have to approve all of his visitors. He is also barred from discussing any aspects of his case. Miller’s retrial on the murder charge was set to begin on February 26, however the Associated Press reports that the trial has not began and no new date has been set.

sourcfe-xxlmag

thats good news