PDA

View Full Version : So Far To Go ft. D'Angelo (Interlude)

Sparx
12-24-2006, 09:26 PM
Beat: J. Dilla ft. Common & D'Angelo (u need to hear the beat to get a feel for the song...)
-
(Chorus - D'Angelo)
I wanna get closer to you baby,
We’ve come so far, but we’ve got so far to gooooo…
Ooooh, ooooh, oooohoooohoooooh…..
x3

We were old friends, grew up together, started in middle school and thru Jr. High it got better,
Cupid never really crossed us, and it seemed lust was lost on us, and thru that we became each others crutch,
Constant insinuation from all of our friends, meant to be, to them it was simply, a matter of time, before we would align,
We laughed and brushed it aside, never considering one day our lives may coincide, side by side,
Once she asked me “do you think im pretty”, my reply? “Of course”, but it was really all just a lie,
A ruse to confuse, because as children grow, so did she, and now the physical has caught up to my attraction mentally,
The other day we’re together in the street, she asked me the same question and my response was going to come off sweet,
But second time around, I knew I had to try, and express my interest in your caress and ur souls gentleness,
Do You Think I’m Pretty?
Beautiful, Muse-like, Aphrodite of my world, but I was lost for words when a simple question was inferred,
I would attempt to paint a picture with words, but ther were no verbs to describe the curves that I yearned,
Or the careless place of the moles on your face, the way your hips sway as you move from place to place,
Now I constantly debate, should I reveal my feelings, or leave them untold?, if the truth comes out will the friendship fold?,
And what if this was my chosen road?, Would it be happily ever after? or a future with a broken mould,
Forget its over, I might as well propose, cuz the way its looking now Ive already found a twin for my soul….
and I realize we have so far to go…………

(Chorus - D'Angelo)
We’ve come so far, but we’ve got so far to gooooo…
Ooooh, ooooh, oooohoooohoooooh…..
x3

BlackStar
12-24-2006, 09:39 PM
damn!!! you've got a hot flow in it!

A ruse to confuse, because as children grow, so did she, and now the physical has caught up to my attraction mentally,
:D

Do You Think I’m Pretty?
Beautiful, Muse-like, Aphrodite of my world, but I was lost for words when a simple question was inferred,
I would attempt to paint a picture with words, but ther were no verbs to describe the curves that I yearned,
I like this part! You showed the difficulty to find the right words for that situation.

Now I constantly debate, should I reveal my feelings, or leave them untold?, if the truth comes out will the friendship fold?,
And what if this was my chosen road?, Would it be happily ever after? or a future with a broken mould,
Forget its over, I might as well propose, cuz the way its looking now Ive already found a twin for my soul….
open ending...I def feel you here...

props Sparx! I like this track and I feel you with it!

P.S.
pppppprrrrr :D

Ttown MC
12-25-2006, 01:21 AM
REad a lil bit imma rad all of it later an leave feed but its itme ot get drunk, Christmas T-Town style lol

Sparx
12-25-2006, 02:41 AM
thanks for the feed star...

ppprrrrrrrr

Eyebagz
12-25-2006, 08:51 AM
Do You Think I’m Pretty?

Has to be one of my fav bars ive read real strong drop man looking forward to your lp

Summer_heat
12-25-2006, 06:18 PM
lol Uli n sparx purrin at each other, aww!

to start off wit i was like "whata dog!!"
"Once she asked me “do you think im pretty”, my reply? “Of course”, but it was really all just a lie,
A ruse to confuse, because as children grow, so did she, and now the physical has caught up to my attraction mentally"

i mean, u cudnt even honestly say u think she looked pretty! cmon man, i understand if she asked u "do u love me?" n u lied n said no! but wait to make it worser, u go on to say, but then it changed cos u grew up n became womanly!

a nice drop, but ur sole concentration on a womans looks will not mean that she is ur soulmate, i mean if that was the case, id be every mans soulmate :D lol

Sparx
12-25-2006, 08:10 PM
lol Uli n sparx purrin at each other, aww!

to start off wit i was like "whata dog!!"
"Once she asked me “do you think im pretty”, my reply? “Of course”, but it was really all just a lie,
A ruse to confuse, because as children grow, so did she, and now the physical has caught up to my attraction mentally"

i mean, u cudnt even honestly say u think she looked pretty! cmon man, i understand if she asked u "do u love me?" n u lied n said no! but wait to make it worser, u go on to say, but then it changed cos u grew up n became womanly!

a nice drop, but ur sole concentration on a womans looks will not mean that she is ur soulmate, i mean if that was the case, id be every mans soulmate :D lol

lol i c what ur saying summer, but thats not how i meant it, when me and this girl were kids we didnt find eachother attractive and as we both grew my opinion of her physical appearance changed. lol and obviously shes not gonna b my soulmate based purely off of looks... anyway thanks for the feed

edit:
me and Star arent purring at each other, go watch this and then u'll understand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtrXULx-hM0

Summer_heat
12-25-2006, 08:17 PM
lol yea i was jokin wit ya!
Star showed me the same link, cant watch it cos it takes me ages for it to load n then it stops inbetween n shit, so ill take ur words on it that ur purring due to Chappelle, not cos ur madly in love wit each other lol

BlackStar
12-25-2006, 08:52 PM
P.S.

pppprrrrr

ROFLMFAO!!!!! :laugh: :eazy:

Sparx
12-26-2006, 06:58 PM
uppin... stop sleepin on my shit...

Nickolai
12-27-2006, 11:01 AM
i get ya sparx it does happen lol
feed probz sum time 2day
peace

Nickolai
12-27-2006, 12:56 PM
We were old friends, grew up together, started in middle school and thru Jr. High it got better,
Cupid never really crossed us, and it seemed lust was lost on us, and thru that we became each others crutch,

NICE WAY TO START IT OUT, EXPLAINING THE HISTORY ETC. GREAT FLOW

Constant insinuation from all of our friends, meant to be, to them it was simply, a matter of time, before we would align,
We laughed and brushed it aside, never considering one day our lives may coincide, side by side,

AH, TRUE SHIT, NICE MULTIZ AND DA FLOW STILL DERE, LIKED THIS BAR CUZ U TELL HOW IT WAS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME

Once she asked me “do you think im pretty”, my reply? “Of course”, but it was really all just a lie,
The other day we’re together in the street, she asked me the same question and my response was going to come off sweet,

DINT REELY LIKE DESE FEW LINES, KINDA CONFUSED ME LOL BUT STILL THERE WAS NICE FLOW AND GD VOCAB

But second time around, I knew I had to try, and express my interest in your caress and ur souls gentleness,
Do You Think I’m Pretty?

TIGHT BARS, LAST ONE WAS DA BEST CUZ IT HAD DOPE FLOW, SICK MULTIZ AND GREAT ADJECTIVES, FLOW HAS BEEN DERE THROUGHOUT THE SONG

Or the careless place of the moles on your face, the way your hips sway as you move from place to place,

NICE MULTIZ AGEN, 'FOUND A TWIN FOR MY SOUL' I THOUGHT WAS DEEP AND DOPE WAY TO PUT IT. DESE BARS ARE WOT U CAN RELATE TO CUZ IM SURE WE ALL BEEN DERE LOL

HOOK WAS NICE BUT I DUNNO WOT IT SOUNDS LIKE CUZ I AINT HEARD DA TRACK BUT NONE THE LESS THIS WAS A SOLID DROP
THIS ON YA LP?
ANYWAYZ I GIVE DIS A 8.7/10
PEACE

Sparx
12-27-2006, 01:37 PM
thnx nick 4 the feed, yea its gonna b on my LP, im still finishing up the tracklist, but its gonna b a beast album

Sparx
12-28-2006, 12:57 AM
uppin again...

Sparx
12-28-2006, 04:15 AM
so i got like 90 views and feed from 3 ppl? come on...

BlackStar
12-28-2006, 11:52 AM
for real, Sparx is one of the people who gives feed to mostly everybody!!!

Flash
12-28-2006, 02:58 PM
good and deep song!very good story telling man!but if it was longer maybe it was going to be much better but never mind!this song is dope 9/10!