PDA

View Full Version : Nas Projected to Sell Over 300,000

jrule336
12-22-2006, 12:36 PM
Although Nas is expected to land atop the charts next week, the rapper isn't overly concerned with the sales of Hip-Hop Is Dead, his new album.

"I just like to hear that people are liking it and I don't [need] to know what [the sales numbers] are. I don't care," the rapper told AllHipHop.com after leaving a promotional date on MTV's TRL video countdown show.

After its release on Tuesday, the album is expected to push between 300,000 to 325,000, according to industry staple Hits Magazine.

The music industry trade site is also expecting Hip-Hop Is Dead to debut at the top of the Billboard Top 200 Albums charts.

Nas' Def Jam label mate Young Jeezy, whose new album The Inspiration debuted at No. 1 this week, apparently didn't agree with Nas' assertion that Hip-Hop has met its demise.

After an interview with rapper-turned-radio host Monie Love, he let his views known.

"It's a new day and time. A lot of [new] cats feel touchy about the situation, because this is how they eat," Jeezy said to Monie Love on on Philadelphia's WPHI-FM 100.3. "As far as what [Nas] is saying [Hip-Hop is dead] - he's trippin. It's a new story. It's a new movement. I cannot say that [Hip-Hop is dead].'"

Despite the tension, all is well between two Hip-Hop giants after they recently spoke.

"He called me. And it was just man to man. It is what it is. He lost his cool and I've done it before and we've got that right. But, its all about how you reconcile that and how quickly you do it. I respect that he called me," Nas said.

Critics have been polarized about whether Hip-Hop truly needs a funeral, but Nas simply wants the dialogue to be positive and productive.

"The topic was meant for rappers to respond in all kinds of ways so this is what we all need," he concluded.

Hip-Hop Is Dead is in stores now.

LIL-LATINO MC
12-22-2006, 02:58 PM
you know just cause nas say is dead is not dead.im with young jeezy for making the real hip hop,but i still respect them both.

i forgot they both on def jam,wonder how jay-z is with this situation if hip hop is dead in his opinion

kayitosway954
12-22-2006, 05:46 PM
It aint dead, but this aint the 70s or 80s or even mid 90s no more....

But I wont be callin my album "Hip Hop[Hiphop] Is In A Coma" :D

It's Murda
12-22-2006, 07:14 PM
if this is truth, are great sales...luck nas, is a great album

Flash
12-22-2006, 07:18 PM
well this is expected that album is very good!

D-block fan
12-22-2006, 07:25 PM
well i think a lot of people like not even hardcore rap fans will buy this cuz of the title "Hip Hop Is Dead" to hear what its like.

Tywanna
12-22-2006, 08:25 PM
I think the album is really dope! Though Hip Hop being DEAD can go either way. I don't know if it's dead but some artist focus too much on material things rather than their music. I love the lyrical skillz Nas(Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Common, etc.) bring to music. But the album is hot!!! Go cop it!!!!!!!

shamsdebout
12-22-2006, 08:32 PM
good for Nas, the album is hot, hopefully other artist will try to make better music as well.

relentless
12-22-2006, 10:39 PM
props, that just shows that if your real about what u do and make quality music sales will take care of themselves. u dont needa do a 50 cent and call out people. i think the message nas really wanted to convey is that, the hip hop coming out now is not what we need at the moment, like we should be past this kinda thing and moving onto a more creative level. but instead of saying all that, nas just said hip hop is dead to stir things up a bit. its good for hip hop, people are actually discussing something worthwhile and mcs can get down to making that real shit, where people had there own dstinct styles.

PaC3Y
well atleast we know he will sell/sold more than Banks

The Illustrious One
Then Hip Hop Isn't Dead. It's Alive.

venni vetti vecci
12-23-2006, 10:45 AM
I hope he sells well,can't wait to buy this album (damn Australia for gettin shit last) :thumbsu:

It's Murda
12-23-2006, 04:26 PM
well atleast we know he will sell/sold more than Banks

man, that sure...I would have better sales than banks...:D

LIL-LATINO MC
12-23-2006, 04:27 PM
i wish he would sell more than 500 000 to prove that hip hop is not dead,and is not,cause real homey live it.

relentless
12-24-2006, 07:18 AM
i wish he would sell more than 500 000 to prove that hip hop is not dead,and is not,cause real homey live it.

ehhh, your missing the point. its not about the sales. sales is a reason why hip hop has been fucked up. if nas sells 500,000 or any rapper for that matter, it doesnt mean shit about hiphop, all it means is that he can sell.

yommie
12-24-2006, 11:56 AM
actually, real hip hop don't sell no more, dat's why rappers do pop for singles, lol

Nickolai
12-24-2006, 12:39 PM
tru say
u want a classic? then prepare not to sell

k_kiss
12-24-2006, 04:35 PM

hahahahaha

fatalsodlier
12-24-2006, 07:37 PM
Banks sells about 1 k a week man.. G unit had their shine.. And it lasted really short. Fif is on his 3rd album and watch his downfall.. Ja's sales didn't go down before the fifth album.. But Ja has always gone gold..

Back on topic: Hip hop is alive, but the old hip hop isn't because artists wants to sell records..

yommie
12-26-2006, 05:51 PM
how much did eminem's last album and 're-up' sell? flopped?

It's Murda
12-26-2006, 07:15 PM
how much did eminem's last album and 're-up' sell? flopped?

i dont know, but i dont believe...eminem is the artist that more sell of shady/aftermath...his last album it sold more of 2.000,000 in ee.uu(and was a greatest hits, like ja)

PaC3Y
12-28-2006, 01:25 AM

hahah, i actually believe you would