PDA

View Full Version : Interscope drops many of their artists

relentless
12-05-2006, 07:37 AM
its been heavily rumoured that interscope has dropped the following acts due to poor performance.

- lloyd banks
- mobb deep
- olivia
- cashis
- hot rod
- tony yayo
- spider-loc
- obie trice
- stat quo
- young buck
- m.o.p.
- busta
-marsha ambroshius (floetry)
- styles p
- jadakiss
- d12

this doesnt mean g-unit/shady will be dropped, just those artists supposedly. iovine is apparently tired of investing money in their failing projects. if you caught the interview with 50, em, banks, yayo and cashis on 106 and park, 50 said 'jimmy iovine thinks im oversaturating the market', which only further fuels the rumour. 50 was acting weird throughout the interview, cutting people off, moving awkwardly, mean muggin the host, looking worried at the audience (in other words really insecure). eminem looked like he was real spaced out, and mad at the end when 50 dissed fat joe. the others hardly got to say anything. something is definately up over at interscope. here are the 2 parts to the interview.

Part 1: http://www.onsmash.net/v/uj8kcZeQkYpUwtsR (http://www.onsmash.net/v/uj8kcZeQkYpUwtsR)
Part 2: http://www.onsmash.net/v/gveY6mZ2Mlh1KMBj (http://www.onsmash.net/v/gveY6mZ2Mlh1KMBj)

Vinnie
12-05-2006, 07:41 AM
omg, i dunno why but this made me laugh so hard... ahahahahah lol.. thanks!

PaC3Y
12-05-2006, 07:48 AM
hahahah great news, y dont they just drop g-unit not, like ther doing anything special

rodger p
12-05-2006, 08:04 AM
bout time dem clowns wur dropped

Vinnie
12-05-2006, 08:07 AM
50 is really loosing it in the end.. he cant handle the fact that g-unit is dead cause piss is in his head.. the end is really wierd.. its like his just loosin it man!

relentless
12-05-2006, 08:21 AM
^yeah the end was damn weird lol. they asking Em what movies he got lined up and 50 interupts saying he filming in N.O. wtf.

yommie
12-05-2006, 08:32 AM
very good news! I hope it's true. I'll read the interview when i get home cos it won't open on d coll.network.

Game was doing well before 50 fag dropped him! He must be regretin that now

Vinnie
12-05-2006, 09:28 AM
very good news! I hope it's true. I'll read the interview when i get home cos it won't open on d coll.network.

Game was doing well before 50 fag dropped him! He must be regretin that now

You just need to wach, its TRL interwiew ;)

murda mami
12-05-2006, 09:57 AM
bout time they got dropped

Mike
12-05-2006, 10:00 AM
think iovines also pissed gotti is back at universal and looks to be in a better position (i.e. doug morris prepping gotti on how to be the next universal president)

yommie
12-05-2006, 10:31 AM
You just need to watch, its TRL interwiew ;)

i'll do just that when i get home, can't wait. lol

Mike
12-05-2006, 11:11 AM
well if jadakiss and styles are available to sign who wouldn't mind them over at the INC??

schthi3
12-05-2006, 11:42 AM
i dont believe it. Lloyd banks sold 250.000. Ya cant call it a flop no more!!!! who sells 250.000 nowdays!?
and wtf on dropping marsha from floetry!? she not even had an album dropped. She's on every feature Dre produces ,you aint gotta worry about her she's making that paper.

schthi3
12-05-2006, 11:47 AM
and is it a coincidence that 80% of the artists on the list are G-Unit affiliated. The one who made this is a G-Unit hater and added Styles and Jada to make it more credible.
Plus, Styles has been pushed back a houdred times by Interscope. So they first dont let him drop and then fire him because of low sales. Stupid. Im not hating on your thread, thanks for the news but that shit sounds really fake!

kayitosway954
12-05-2006, 01:27 PM
Fuck Jimmy Lovine, Styles & Jada are only lucky if they get dropped, than they can sign to an actual good label.....

GUNS
12-05-2006, 04:28 PM
Fuck Jimmy , i can run Interscope far way better then his ass , let me run Interscope for 2 years and i make Universal a lot money , not as much as irv , but still a lot

let's start by signing Michael Jackson :eazy:

lilsam
12-05-2006, 04:30 PM
AhAhAhHaHaHaHa
Happy Christmas

GUNS
12-05-2006, 04:32 PM
AhAhAhHaHaHaHa
Happy Christmas

lil bit early for that , but yeah , lol @ my interscope joke

kayitosway954
12-05-2006, 04:32 PM
Fuck Jimmy , i can run Interscope far way better then his ass , let me run Interscope for 2 years and i make Universal a lot money , not as much as irv , but still a lot

let's start by signing Michael Jackson :eazy:

only if Im VP of Interscope, lets sign 50 and push his album back twenty nine times

yommie
12-05-2006, 05:24 PM
well, it's now on AHH that the rumour ain't true

kayitosway954
12-05-2006, 06:44 PM
well, it's now on AHH that the rumour ain't true

They said they havent been dropped, but it states that there may be some artists gettin the boot

D-block fan
12-05-2006, 06:55 PM
well if jadakiss and styles are available to sign who wouldn't mind them over at the INC??

i think it would be cool but i want there cds out not pushed back beyond no return like caddy and black

relentless
12-05-2006, 07:37 PM
and is it a coincidence that 80% of the artists on the list are G-Unit affiliated. The one who made this is a G-Unit hater and added Styles and Jada to make it more credible.
Plus, Styles has been pushed back a houdred times by Interscope. So they first dont let him drop and then fire him because of low sales. Stupid. Im not hating on your thread, thanks for the news but that shit sounds really fake!

it came from digitaldruglord from allhihop, a guy who is rumoured to be just blaze himself. he knows people, he told nearly everything about the game and nases 'why you hate the game' way before it leaked, he was even givign us lyrics. the guy also seems to know irv is making major moves but more on the pop side of things. so who knows, it does sound quite far fetched, but this dude has been right before. also, someone on bws, i think it was game, sent out a bulletin laughing at g-unit saying theyve been dropped :unsure: . in regards to your lloyd banks not flopping, even if he went 3 times plat, it can still be a flop. it all depends on how much money is being put into these projects by interscope. obviously they were expecting those albums to do much better than that, therefore it can be classified as a flop, cos they not making any money back.

schthi3
12-05-2006, 08:02 PM
it came from digitaldruglord from allhihop, a guy who is rumoured to be just blaze himself. he knows people, he told nearly everything about the game and nases 'why you hate the game' way before it leaked, he was even givign us lyrics. the guy also seems to know irv is making major moves but more on the pop side of things. so who knows, it does sound quite far fetched, but this dude has been right before. also, someone on bws, i think it was game, sent out a bulletin laughing at g-unit saying theyve been dropped :unsure: . in regards to your lloyd banks not flopping, even if he went 3 times plat, it can still be a flop. it all depends on how much money is being put into these projects by interscope. obviously they were expecting those albums to do much better than that, therefore it can be classified as a flop, cos they not making any money back.

I live in germany and I didnt see any kind of promotion for Lloyd banks's album but maybe its just because I dont leave in the US. But I think Interscoop knew he would only sell that much and didnt put a big budget on the promotion. But maybe I'm wrong.

It can be classified as a flop but I think ya habe been eavily influenced by The Game's "Soundscan" because there's maybe 10 rappers who did 250.000 units in 2006. In comparaison to his first album's sale its a flop but he sold as much as diddy did, and Diddy is an international superstar. I think Interscope reached the break-even point by selling 250.00 units. But like you said it depends on the money they spent on promotion, productions etc.....
But lets say its a flop:eazy:

PaC3Y
12-05-2006, 09:09 PM
lloyd banks flopped, aint no hiding that

yommie
12-06-2006, 05:39 AM
exactly what i was about to say. Lloyds Banks flopped and even him or 50 can't deny that

Flash
12-06-2006, 06:25 AM
I hope 50 will go worse!G-UNOT

JaRuleNL
12-06-2006, 06:35 AM
hahahaha I LOVE THIS FUCKING POST!!! :D

It's Murda
12-06-2006, 07:15 AM
haha, thx, great news...

mya
12-06-2006, 07:24 AM
that right rentless bout inscpoe :roll:

Eimz_T
12-07-2006, 06:18 AM
doubt it, but if jadas dropped theres always room over here....