PDA

View Full Version : Hustle and Flow

Bluck
11-23-2006, 09:42 PM
one of my friends told me it was a cool movie, so i decided id watch it.

Man should i have never listened to this dude, this movie was so much bullshit, the main guy was never doin it for the culture, it was all about himself, the music he pumped out was all about smacking ho's and bitches, and then some stoner kid from the New Guy tried sayin how Hip Hop was coming back 'home' to the south, like it originated there.

This movie was some stereotypical bullshit, no wonder ppl who dont know anything about hiphop have this fucked up view of it.The main dude was just a pimp who one day decided hed become a bullshit hip hop star and make something for radio so hed be famous, and this movie made it cool for a hooker to sleep with anyone to get his record played. If i was a female i would ashamed to have associated with this movie. This movies shows everything that is wrong with hip hop, but not in a negative light, coz in this movies weird ass reality its the right way. And according to this movie all it takes is a few guys to wanna make a record for a hip hop star to be born. Its that easy.

I had to make this thread coz i was so pissed off at how much bullshit this movie was.

Drop your thoughts.

kayitosway954
11-23-2006, 09:53 PM
it was an alright movie, wouldnt say its the best, besides the "I wanna become a rapper" part, it was bout a man tryna get away from the violence and shit, kinda like Back In The Day, and I thought Back In The Day VS this, BITD was better, not cuz it had Ja, but the plot, the story, the acting from Rhames & Rule, and I mean damn, RULE played himself like usual, but he also added a twist and actully used his drama skillz.

Bluck
11-23-2006, 10:01 PM
^^yeah but i just found the main character so unlikable, it was glorifying pimping women like way over the top, i just feel strongly against this kind of bullshit hip hop story, i wasnt down with it for a second

relentless
11-23-2006, 10:23 PM
co-sign 100% bluk, the movie was trash. it only feeds the people the same stereotypical view of hip hop. i dont see all the big fuss over this movie, 8 mile was better imo.

kayitosway954
11-23-2006, 10:27 PM
White Rapper was even better than this or 8 Mile or GRODT

Eimz_T
11-24-2006, 06:47 AM
i'm sorry but i absolutely loved hustle and flow!!

JaRuleNL
11-24-2006, 07:04 AM
Hustle and Flow is a good movie, good songs he made, 9/10!

Bluck
11-24-2006, 07:23 AM
i'm sorry but i absolutely loved hustle and flow!!

well could you give me some reasons why it was a good movie? what did it have goin for it?

It's Murda
11-24-2006, 07:32 AM
i like this movie man...

Flash
11-24-2006, 07:45 AM
This movie at the beguining is so boring and its about im a pimp bitch and shit like that but when hes gonna start with the song thats the best part of it!and its talking about reality i realy liked the part when he beat up Luda!lol!

Bluck
11-24-2006, 08:05 AM
^^yea exactly its bullshit, and with that whole making the beat thing, as if its that easy. Fuck goin off that movie i could get two of my mates right now, put some egg cartons up and and start makin some bullshit songs about ho's, pimps and bitches and have a hit on my hands.

To all the ppl down with this movie, i wanna know - are you down with the glorification of the exploitation of woman? coz thats exactly what this movie is about.If i was a woman, id feel so degraded id spew at the sight of this movie.

Flash
11-24-2006, 08:16 AM
its not the whole movie bout a women!when you first watchinning you think that this movie is shitt!but whe you gonna whatch it agin its not that bad buts that good too!

Flash
11-24-2006, 08:19 AM
it was an alright movie, wouldnt say its the best, besides the "I wanna become a rapper" part, it was bout a man tryna get away from the violence and shit, kinda like Back In The Day, and I thought Back In The Day VS this, BITD was better, not cuz it had Ja, but the plot, the story, the acting from Rhames & Rule, and I mean damn, RULE played himself like usual, but he also added a twist and actully used his drama skillz.

yeah back in the day is a master peace for this movie!!!!!

Bluck
11-24-2006, 08:21 AM
its not the whole movie bout a women!when you first watchinning you think that this movie is shitt!but whe you gonna whatch it agin its not that bad buts that good too!

Yeah coz he went to hip hop, even though the only reason his shit got play is coz some prostitute slept with DJs. So if the whole movie aint about degrading women, can you tell me what the lyrics in his songs were about?

Flash
11-24-2006, 08:26 AM
there was a strugle to sucsess in the world to be somebody not nobody!

Bluck
11-24-2006, 08:45 AM
^^yeah he didnt give a fuck about hip hop, he just wanted to be famous, so not only does he degrade women, he expliots the hip hop culture, he doesnt give two fucks about hip hop, he's doin it for himself. And what you just said had nothing to do with the last comment made about women, so answer me this -
If the whole movie aint about degrading women, can you tell me what the lyrics in his songs were about?

kayitosway954
11-24-2006, 03:43 PM
This shoulda been the lifestory of Ice T, he'd made it a success.

Eimz_T
11-24-2006, 04:04 PM
are you serious? degredation of women did you not see how they projected their struggle and how they wanted to move onto a better life, the film had some great observations on society and how we stereotype not to mention some fantastic portrayal of emotion which compells the watcher to feel drawn to the characters

Rolfsma
11-24-2006, 09:34 PM
Hustle & Flow is one of the hottest movies out there. I've seen it 'bout 4 or 5 times now. The movie was in no way a degration to women. Terrence Howard did a great job playing the pimp who was strugglin' with himself and with what he was doing. You can clearly see he didn't like the way he was living and making his money. He had all of his emotions and feelings inside, and he had to let it out someway. That way was rapping.

"Whoop That Trick" may be a violent song with hard lyrics, but he was just spitting how he was living at the moment. So, when you live what you're rapping, there ain't no problem. (a lotta rappers ain't living what they spitting)

The dude wanted to be something. Make something of his live. He knew pimping ho's wasn't the right thing. so he tried to get out of it... Rapping was the way. I think Terrence did a great job showing us the pimp who doesn't wants to be pimping, and showed great emotions "Djay" was going throuhg. So far for the story line.

As for the HipHop side of the movie. When I checked that shit in the cinema, damn, that was crazy. Them making the beat, and Terrence spitting over the beat. Shit was blastin' through the cinema man. I felt the energy jumping of the screen, that was amazing. So, the movie got a good story, and the HipHop side of the movie was great too. Much respect for Terrence spitting the songs in the movie. Good shit, concidering he's an actor, not a rapper.

That's how I feel about it...

Bluck
11-24-2006, 11:05 PM
Are yo serious? The music was some typical southern top 40 bullshit, if you played that right next to ying yang twins or something i wouldnt be able to tell the difference. I wanna what the pimp did for hip hop? Thats cool if he wants move on from that, but do you think he did it for himself or the culture? He was livin for pimpin, the next thing hes a rapper, im sorry but i just cant see any passion for that, i find it completely far fetched that you wake up one morning, decide you wanna rap, recruit two other dudes and make a hit. Like that's all there is to it. And DJay one the most unlikable character ive ever seen in a movie, he through a baby out of his house, and the movie left it at that. What am i suppose to want someone who could do something like that come up?

Bluck
11-24-2006, 11:09 PM
are you serious? degredation of women did you not see how they projected their struggle and how they wanted to move onto a better life, the film had some great observations on society and how we stereotype not to mention some fantastic portrayal of emotion which compells the watcher to feel drawn to the characters

yeah so when in the movie did he stop pimpin her? oh thats right when he went to jail, but its cool she knows who she has to fuck to get his bullshit records played. and when he did hip hop, he really projected their struggle on 'smack that bitch', oh im sorry 'whoop that trick', thats acceptable for radio. and i dont care what you say about society and all that bullshit, its cool to know that you're living wrong, but what did he do to move on from it, or stop glorifying it?

and if you cant see the degredation of women than you must be blind, cause i want you to point out one moment where it wasnt the right thing to do? i mean even when that white kid is talkin its cool to just 'get pussy' as he puts it and all that bullshit.

oh yeah 'its hard out here for a pimp' well boo fucking whoo.

Eimz_T
11-25-2006, 06:18 AM
damn if u don't like the movie don't watch it, it does anything but glorify pimpin why the fuck do u think he wants to get out of it. don't get so emotional about it, i'm a woman and i don't think it's degrading why does everything have to be so pc the world isn't

Bluck
11-25-2006, 07:16 AM
if all ur gonna tell me is that im wrong and not back it up dont bother answering in this thread, and its a forum im aloud to not like somethin all i want

and i want you to tell me how he isnt glorifying pimping in his lryics? go on have a go and try to prove me wrong

Eimz_T
11-25-2006, 07:40 AM
i never said you were wrong, you don't like the film thats fine your entitled to your opinion but so am i and thats one of my favourite films so i'm not gonna argue with you on it cuz it's pointless

jinder
11-25-2006, 10:56 AM
well i think that film was aight
seriously i think only ppl into hip hop wud bother watchin it in 1st place
so dunno how it cud effect ppl who arent into hip hop n make em think its silly
tha whore pimp thing
i dont see tha big deal in it
its like real life aint it
u cant say its not a gud image r woteva its wot happens in tha real world
they mite not like doin wot they do but thay hafta sometimes
its life

Flash
11-25-2006, 11:59 AM
yeah so when in the movie did he stop pimpin her? oh thats right when he went to jail, but its cool she knows who she has to fuck to get his bullshit records played. and when he did hip hop, he really projected their struggle on 'smack that bitch', oh im sorry 'whoop that trick', thats acceptable for radio. and i dont care what you say about society and all that bullshit, its cool to know that you're living wrong, but what did he do to move on from it, or stop glorifying it?

and if you cant see the degredation of women than you must be blind, cause i want you to point out one moment where it wasnt the right thing to do? i mean even when that white kid is talkin its cool to just 'get pussy' as he puts it and all that bullshit.

oh yeah 'its hard out here for a pimp' well boo fucking whoo.

Ok bluck!!!! you dont like the movie thats youre opinion ok but you cant make us dont like the movie lol everyone has his own styile!!!!

kayitosway954
11-25-2006, 12:19 PM
yea I dont like the movie, but I understand where everyone is coming from, and ya'll know I like a rapper who talks bout what he knows about, and Terrence Howard's character was just doing what he knew, but yea, I hated how he portrayed Hip Hop as just a way 2 make money