PDA

View Full Version : 11/17/06 new irv gotti article: source: hiphophavoc

da_inc_05
11-16-2006, 10:56 PM
Inc. Records CEO Irv Gotti is ready to take over the world again after he was acquitted of federal money laundering charges earlier this year. Gotti is back in business with Universal Records and he's shooting his own reality show. Gotti told the New York Post's Cindy Adams, "Listen, no matter what I went through, I kept Ja Rule, Ashanti, all my acts. I now have a joint venture with Universal, the same company that kicked me out when those accusations came down. They even gave me back my masters. I sold 20 million albums. I produced J. Lo's two biggest hits, 'I'm Real,'13 weeks on the charts, and 'Ain't It Funny,'11 weeks. Now I own all my stuff and I split with Universal. Doug Morris gave me the deal. He's grooming me to be president of Universal. And Tobey Maguire and I bonded over poker, so next up I'll produce movies."

As for the new reality show, Gotti explained that it would be a one shot deal. He said, "I'll be taping this reality thing -- there's no name yet -- for six months. I told them it's a one-shot deal. I own a piece of it. I'm executive producer, so I OK the final cut. They're tracking my success back from the days I mixed tapes in my house and sold them for 10 bucks apiece to friends. They'll also include scenes from Crack House, my two-floor SoHo studio."

Gotti also expects some of his famous friends to end up in some of the episodes. He said, "Some friends like Jay-Z, Damon Dash, Russell Simmons will probably be on it. Hey, Russell saw my canary-yellow diamond chain and said, 'With each link, you could feed a village in Africa or . . . you could get a lot of (a phrase indicating a kitty cat)."

posted by HipHopHavoc at 4:12 AM

1 Comments:
The Funkadelic Relic said...
Glad to see Irv Gotti is back on the scene. He really made a lot of noise with his Murder Inc. label. I knew that the charges were trumped up against him when the indictments were made public and the only way that he would be convicted was if he went to a kangaroo court. . .and there are some kangaroo court proceedings that have gone on in the past. Thank God he didn't wind up in one of them!

I remember seeing Irv chillin' in the background way back in the day in the Jay-Z/Foxy Brown video (Ain't No N**ga) with Dame Dash and the Roc-A-Fella crew and didn't know who he was at that time but then saw him later once Ja Rule started to blow up. I hope now that Jay-Z has so much power he hasn't forgotten those that have helped him along the way.

relentless
11-16-2006, 11:13 PM
its pretty much the same article as before, props anyway.

da_inc_05
11-16-2006, 11:30 PM
yea if i aint post it someone else woulda

da_inc_05
11-16-2006, 11:30 PM
plus its on hiphophavoc.com, it shows inc is gettin publicity

murder2
11-17-2006, 01:50 AM
things look like they are moving pretty good for irv

Eimz_T
11-17-2006, 06:10 AM
nice at least he cleared up having his own masters