PDA

View Full Version : Somethin interestin i seen on allhiphop

Moist Murderer
03-15-2006, 07:37 AM
Vol 2: Hard Knock Life is Jay Z's best selling album; it went 5 times platinum. he had a few singles for dat album like "Hard Knock Life" but the single dat really took off was "Can I get A" feat Amil and Ja. not many people are aware but Can I get a is actually a Ja Rule song. him and Irv produced it and Ja wrote the hook and it was for him, but Jay liked it and Ja ended up giving it to him (another reason was Ja felt since he was a rookie in the game it'd be better to give the track to Jay and hav himself be featured on it). dis single won awards like "Best Rap Video of 1999" an shit. becuz its actually a ja rule record, i think that Ja definitely played a part in makin dis album sell, making it his best selling album period. so basically, would this album be his best selling and sell like it wud without ja giving him dis track?

Anyone know about this. Is it true it shoulda been a Ja song

relentless
03-15-2006, 07:51 AM
yeah it was meant to be on VVV, but ja gave it to jay. not only did it help push 5 mil for jays album, but it helped push 2 mill for the rush hour soundtrack as well. imagine if it was on VVV. plus the fact that ja was supposed to be on DMXs get at me dawg woulda made his buzz enormous.

Dermo
03-15-2006, 08:35 AM
yea its a well known fact its Ja's song it was a big factor in ja and jay falling out cause ja was pissed jay made so much money off it and gave ja no props for it

sniper
03-15-2006, 11:35 AM
[plays - ether] *fuck gay z*

:laugh:

but yeah it is fucked up, i wonder what ja's version sounds like :unsure:

cos jay aint on his and amil i doubt is on there either.

mfb
03-15-2006, 11:52 AM
damn jay should be greatfull to ja ... coz this song was one of the most significant things in jay's early career...

Blackdove
03-15-2006, 02:54 PM
Man, i didn't knw this..jay shoulda gave ja more props man...some niggaz are so ungrateful...but damm how many cats is ja writting for? hes so talented.

k_kiss
03-15-2006, 03:28 PM
ya i wonder wat the original ja song would sound like.......he def had the best verse out of the 3..imo.....even tho jay didnt give ja his props..didnt matter much..kuz ja went on to become a big star

Summer_heat
03-16-2006, 01:36 PM
yea, Jas verse was proper gud on that trak.
i aint eva been a big fan of Jay z... more of a Nas fan. Now i know y i was feelin that trak like mad!

elcuppan
03-17-2006, 05:09 PM
Ja Should Of Kept Dat Track 4 HiMSELF ,& Jays Kinda A Bitch Ass Nigga anyway,afer all Goti Did 4 Him He Should Show Some Respect 4 his Man...............Vol2 WAS THE ONLY JAY-Z ALBUM I BOUGHT ANY WAy!!!

Its Murder
Hola Back

Baja_Ma_Dee
03-17-2006, 10:58 PM
hey elcuppan nice Ja advitar

Also I was told that Love My Nigga with Hussein Fatal was also meant for VVV but Hussein wanted to do a new song but got jailed before

also the rumer that The Life was also ment for VVV isn't true

relentless
03-17-2006, 11:15 PM
^love my niggas just uses a verse form the song called love that was meant to be on VVV, whether this song was meant to feature fatal as well we dont know.

mac123456
03-18-2006, 05:43 AM
i think that ja had a small part in jay z selling so much, but come on now folks, jay was hot and he put ja on, even though it was ja's track. i bet that ja and irv were grateful for jay making a video giving ja exposure.

GUNS
03-18-2006, 07:41 AM
Jay Z Came in this game without a label wanted to release his shit , he started rocafella to release his shit , irv waz a A&R for DefJam back in them dayz .....so yeah Irv has co builded Jigga's Career

mfb
03-18-2006, 03:13 PM
Jay Z Came in this game without a label wanted to release his shit , he started rocafella to release his shit , irv waz a A&R for DefJam back in them dayz .....so yeah Irv has co builded Jigga's Career

word ... and after rocafella hit it big IG was rewarded his own label under defjam ... because he generated more than 100 million to defjam bring it back on its feet after a slow down ...

GUNS
03-18-2006, 03:21 PM
*off Topic ..but Related*

like i said about Irv's Experience with being a A&R and as CEO of The Inc , Irv can either lead Atlantic Records , or The Atlantic Group (Atalntic , Bad Boy , Lava Records) ....if he's going to lead the whole Atlantic group (Similar like LA Reid is leading Island DefJam)

i think he desirve to lead all Atlantic's Urban projects , not only Atlantic Records , but also for Bad Boy ...like JD Is leading Virgin Records's HipHop / Urban Division .....like a overlooking job ....you can say i basicly say he's needs to be the president for atlantic records group urban division