PDA

View Full Version : Not Snitchin, Stop Askin

kayitosway954
02-15-2006, 12:50 PM
I donít think anybody envies the no-win situation Busta Rhymes finds himself in after the murder of his longtime bodyguard Israel Ramirez. On the one hand he can talk to the police and tell then whatever he knows about the shooting that left Ramirez dead, a move that could very well amount to career suicide in the anti-snitch world of hip hop. On the other hand he can keep his mouth shut and allow the killer of a longtime friend and employee to go free. Since the hip hop community seems to be split about 60-40 in favor of NOT snitching, thereís a pretty good chance that either move will draw a backlash from fans, something any celebrity wants to avoid at all costs.

After intially angering Ramirezís family by not attending the first day of his wake, Busta showed up on the second day to pay his respects and has also reportedly promised to take care of the funeral expenses and provide in some way for the 3 children that have now been left fatherless. Thatís all good and everything but right now Iím guessing the family would like to see him sit down with homicide detectives and tell them what he knows. I guess at the end of the day, Busta Bus has to decide whatís more important to his conscience and his career, the support of the hood, or the moral responsibility he owes to those 3 kids and that widow.

I honestly donít even want to think about what I would do if I ever found myself in the same predicament, but I urge those of you who will undoubtedly side with the Never Snitch camp to consider what your advice to Busta would be if that was your father, brother, or son laying in that coffin.

Read Bustaís statement about Ramirez here.

Police now believe two weapons were fired during the incident.

---------

Opinions?

Eimz_T
02-15-2006, 01:12 PM
ya i really feel sorry for busta, if he talks to the cops then he's a snitch, but then he has to think about the family of his friend. I think this stop snitching gimmick is going too far

Dermo
02-15-2006, 01:16 PM
honestly there is a line and this passes it so he should do what ever he feels right and not what the people say cause he is still gonna sell albums if he snitches the fans wont turn against him that hard

Eimz_T
02-15-2006, 01:17 PM
ya i think most ppl empathise with his situation but this label thats flying around def. isn't helping the situation.

kayitosway954
02-15-2006, 01:20 PM
then agian, maybe he could do us a favor and Kill Tony Mayo.....

Eimz_T
02-15-2006, 01:44 PM
what does that have to do with anything?

kayitosway954
02-15-2006, 02:13 PM
talk is that it was Mayo's boy who shot Ramiraz

Eimz_T
02-15-2006, 02:15 PM
why would he do that? yayo was on set, and g-unit and busta are affiliates

kayitosway954
02-15-2006, 03:02 PM
idk, fuckin ask the police!!!!!! people on set said that Yayo and his boy ran off stage after shots went off. besides, these possible, great things could happen:

1- yayo snitches(again) on his boy
2- busta puts a hit on yayo
3- Busta VS Gay Unit

Eimz_T
02-15-2006, 03:04 PM
wow i'm so glad more ppl are dying for the sake of meaningless hip hop beef!

kayitosway954
02-15-2006, 03:39 PM
well on the other hand, this stop snitchin thing is gettin stupid

relentless
02-16-2006, 01:51 AM
the snitching thing has its ups and downs. remember in primary school those annoying little snot noses that ran to the teacher over every stupid little thing? those are the snitches that i hate, when they have no reason, they just like to be a snitch. Another bad snitch is one like 50. i have no probs with someone cooperating with the police if they get stabbed/shot, but if they are gonna try to lock up someone they claiming to be weak then that is bullshit and 50 is the kind of snitch i hate. in bustas case, there is no problem "snitching" i actually wouldnt even call it snitching, more like trying to solve a problem.

Enemy
02-16-2006, 02:19 AM
^lol that was me!^