PDA

View Full Version : Benzino and Dave Mays Kicked Out Of The Source!!

relentless
01-19-2006, 09:28 PM
After founding The Source over 18 years ago, David Mays and longtime president/artist Raymond "Benzino" Scott have been sent packing by the magazine's new board of directors.

As SOHH.com previously reported, the duo went to court last week to obtain a temporary restraining order to prevent being ousted by the board.

According to the New York Post, that order has now been lifted and a majority of board members have voted to fire Mays and Scott. They have been replaced by former Source chief operating officer Jeremy Miller, who will now serve as the new chief executive.

Miller, who resigned from his position as chief operating officer at The Source in 2004, worked at the magazine for 14 years before leaving to start his own publication Down, which was dedicated to Southern hip-hop and culture. Four out of six members of the board agreed that it was in the magazine's best interest to replace Mays and Scott with Miller.

In the last year and a half, The Source has been plagued with problems, ranging from defaulting on an $18 million loan to a prominent sexual harassment lawsuit filed by fomer employees Kim Osorio and Michelle Joyce.

shiiit, now we may have another magazine dickridin aftermath.

GUNS
01-20-2006, 09:46 AM
damn if i had a million or more i would buy the mag ...and make it dope ..make it all hiphop ...i mean all labels ...for most The Inc , Rap A Lot , Death Row

KilL@
01-20-2006, 04:45 PM
good!!!!

the mag. was going to shit with them two clowns running it!!!

:cool:

GUNS
01-20-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by KilL@
good!!!!

the mag. was going to shit with them two clowns running it!!!

:cool:

i agree Kill@ ...they destroyed The Source

Newbold
01-20-2006, 06:56 PM
they may have destroyed da source but at least they was on murder inc side now u gunna get dat bitch 50 all over the cover and they gunna be on his dick like most of da others

jordy
01-20-2006, 07:10 PM
that shit is fucked up i used to love XXL but now they dickriding 50. and i'll bet that the same is going to happen to the source now. i cant stand that bitch ass pussy 50 i hate that motherfucker.
everything is sucking his dick mags, sites, other artists; when are they going to wake up and see that 50 aint shit.
i wanna hear the inc on the radio, see the inc on tv. everyday i turn on my tv i see that fathead 50 with his window shopper r&b song. i wanna hear the inc
here's a message for irv put your artist's music out and let us enjoy the inc's music and please dominate 2006 like ya used to do.

it's still murder 4-life

GUNS
01-20-2006, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by jordy
that shit is fucked up i used to love XXL but now they dickriding 50. and i'll bet that the same is going to happen to the source now. i cant stand that bitch ass pussy 50 i hate that motherfucker.
everything is sucking his dick mags, sites, other artists; when are they going to wake up and see that 50 aint shit.
i wanna hear the inc on the radio, see the inc on tv. everyday i turn on my tv i see that fathead 50 with his window shopper r&b song. i wanna hear the inc
here's a message for irv put your artist's music out and let us enjoy the inc's music and please dominate 2006 like ya used to do.

it's still murder 4-life

it's not that easy ..it takes a lot promotion and sales 2 get The Inc on top ..it takes time

btw from which belgian city ya from ??

Nacho1
01-23-2006, 05:59 AM
I was a move that had to be made cuzz no matter what was done to make it better folks would think of them two clownz. Running a busniess and trying to mix other elements into was a bad move. Making personnal beefs into your company was not the smartest either, with all this Dick Ridin going on and the money that mcahine at Interscope had was destructive. Fuck em all and start from scratch.....FUCK 50, Fuck EM and Keep it GGGG UNOT